Kikoku! Owners, Can You Tell Me About It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » kikoku! owners, can you tell me about it?
kikoku! owners, can you tell me about it?
 Shiva.Schatzie
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2011-12-14 16:56:30  
i've been looking all over google, and i cant seem to see any recorded info on it or blade: metsu at all. anyone with one mind answering a little premade survey? just finished my stage 2 one, and wanting to know what i'm in for.

1. how long did it take you to finish it, and how much of it was from s4 to s5?

2. what kind of gear set do you use for it?

3. how long did it take to do the trials to get it to 95?

4. have any decent spikes with it outside noobysea?

thanks
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-14 17:03:50  
1) The average time for finishing a single weapon in neo-Dynamis has been suggested to be about three months, assuming you farm efficiently every day.

2) You'd use exactly the same equipment as any other non-Hi katana.

3) http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_1051. There's a 'next trial' button on that and every subsequent page.

4) It has a predetermined damage multiplier that happens at a set rate. Its going to spike in and out of Abyssea for the same level increase.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Cornmaker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Cornmaker
By Quetzalcoatl.Cornmaker 2011-12-14 17:12:14  
well i got my 95 version a few days ago

for 1) i can say i was lazy...started in may stopped in june and picked up in august again with occ. 1 week breaks cause ppl got bored...finished end of nov (i know slowpoke bla bla)

2) check my gear set...i think nearly every kiko nin using nearly the same setup (i'm switching STR/DEX sekka+3 tho from time to time) still need some more like toci's harness....

3)Trials are...fun...sometimes...i had 2 weeks off cause of having a cold so i did those...u can kill like 100+ish mobs in 1hr so make ur own calculation...ofc i was being lazy cause u're getting bored after constant metsu-killshooting mobs after 3hrs....and i wanted other things done too so i can say it took me all in all 3-4 days for the killing blow trials...Attestation rly depends on drop rate and Animated Kunai is a joke..bring for both NMs a thf cause drop rate is the uber ****

4)my highest metsu outside was 2.7k....it averages tho between 1.5k and 2k...u gotta love those 3xdmg crits <3
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-14 17:14:04  
Quetzalcoatl.Cornmaker said: »
4)my highest metsu outside was 2.7k....it averages tho between 1.5k and 2k...u gotta love those 3xdmg crits <3

On what? And that's incredibly variable for an average.
By Xorn 2011-12-14 17:17:21  
Quetzalcoatl.Cornmaker said: »
i had 2 weeks off cause of having a cold so i did those

That must have been some cold
 Quetzalcoatl.Cornmaker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Cornmaker
By Quetzalcoatl.Cornmaker 2011-12-14 17:19:51  
Ru'Avitau stuff :/ i know...lol...but i never get to test it on NMs -.- cause all ppl are like oh wawawa metsu wtf...and i know for myself it's not that great (hopefully "yet") on NMs...

i said 1.5-2k cause it spikes to 2.2ish and goes as low as the occ 300hit or 1.2k...i know average is something else but i'm just trying to show him numbers...
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-14 17:25:07  
Moral of the story, Metsu is not currently a benefit of the weapon. More so with the meritable option.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-12-14 17:25:58  
Kikoku is pretty low tier as far as relics go. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just buy some fireworks on AH... Everybody likes fireworks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-14 18:43:07  
I wouldn't necessarily say that Kikoku isn't a great katana(lol), and the fact that a 95 relic is significantly easier to get than a 95 mythic or empyrean is notable.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-14 21:35:03  
Shun makes Kikoku a lot more viable (and Kikoku in turn helps Shun given attack+35/40), but it's not exactly an overwhelming weapon and damage spikes are definitely not its forte given weaponskill selection. It's about even with a Kannagi of the same level in most situations, but if the heavy metal trial turns you off of fully upgrading Kannagi then Kikoku is probably your best bet.

Or you could be a boss and rock Kannagi/Kikoku now that the attack works in offhand.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sesshomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sesshomaru 2011-12-19 04:49:09  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
1) The average time for finishing a single weapon in neo-Dynamis has been suggested to be about three months, assuming you farm efficiently every day.

Now is this with a big group? Or would this be attainable solo? I'm also curious as to what the most efficient way to farm dynamis solo would be, like what job/area's.