Blade Jin < Blade Shun ?? Please?..

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade jin < blade shun ?? please?..
Blade jin < blade shun ?? please?..
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-13 20:57:36  
The value of the attack modifier at TP values above 100% is unknown, to my knowledge. I intended to test it at one point but don't really have the time or inclination to do so.
By Thanzo187 2012-04-13 22:08:52  
Ah I see cool thanks Night I could've sworn reading somewhere that the attk penalty went away at 200tp so some people were thinking of making a tp bonus Katana cant find it though anyways man thanks you think a WS dmg+10% would be decent off hand?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-13 22:16:13  
WSDMG Magian doesn't work offhand. TP Bonus does, but even if the penalty is negated at 200 TP you'd get more benefit out of a STR Arisui.
By Thanzo187 2012-04-13 22:18:01  
Yeah I figure you'd say that i'm just too cheap to spend like 1mil on geodes and um farming those are a pain
By Vixin 2012-04-14 00:03:55  
I using Kikoku main hand and as for off hand i have many but with shun and element gorget/belt("thunder" i use) on qilin it does average 2.2k with tonic it can spike to 3k im asuming some hits miss.
By Thanzo187 2012-04-14 02:51:28  
Nice man thanks maybe I should get off my *** and make a kikoku 2k sounds pretty good on a vwnm
By Thanzo187 2012-04-14 03:29:25  
Added Blade: Shun to nin spreadsheet. I put it at 8% innate penalty (can change that on the Other Lists worksheet), and +1% attack per 10 TP, giving a range of -8% (100 TP) to +12% (300 TP) attack bonus. Can adjust once more exact numbers are known for TP scaling.

I found this on BG wiki posted by Motenten how reliable is it? Hopefully nightfia will answer :x

Also these spreadsheet's I hear people talking about where do I download them at?
 Shiva.Bigslank
サーバ: Shiva
user: bigslank
By Shiva.Bigslank 2012-04-14 11:23:43  
I've done 1800 outside 3.5k inside with it. I don't think its a waste if you don't have emperian or relic.
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-14 11:31:55  
Shiva.Bigslank said: »
I've done 1800 outside 3.5k inside with it. I don't think its a waste if you don't have emperian or relic.
Inside I would stick to Blade: Jin.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-14 16:39:36  
Thanzo187 said: »
Added Blade: Shun to nin spreadsheet. I put it at 8% innate penalty (can change that on the Other Lists worksheet), and +1% attack per 10 TP, giving a range of -8% (100 TP) to +12% (300 TP) attack bonus. Can adjust once more exact numbers are known for TP scaling.

I found this on BG wiki posted by Motenten how reliable is it? Hopefully nightfia will answer :x

Also these spreadsheet's I hear people talking about where do I download them at?
See bolded. It was a guess given that he didn't have anything to work with besides 100 TP value, and even that was a rough approximation tbh. Gathering data for these kinds of tests is very time-consuming if you want an accurate value given the innate randomness of pDIF.
By Thanzo187 2012-04-14 19:32:06  
Gotcha what would I need to do in order to test it out myself and what not any programs or such that I would need to run? it would be stupid if it didnt get any kind of bonus from 200tp since according to the in game damage varies with tp.

Been testing it on birds in Misaurex same atmas as I would Jin RR apoc GH 2k constantly at 100tp and 4k at 300 yeah yeah why does everyone test it in abyssea :P I just finished meriting it 5/5 so yeah
By Chyula 2012-04-14 20:45:30  
Vixin said: »
I using Kikoku main hand and as for off hand i have many but with shun and element gorget/belt("thunder" i use) on qilin it does average 2.2k with tonic it can spike to 3k im asuming some hits miss.

Asura's nin are *** garbage compare to you. keep on spike up that number.
 Bismarck.Funstealer
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2012-04-15 13:35:38  
kinda curious how this would do and a few questions about changes

shura helm is augmented ws damage 3% 3dex 5attack consvere tp 5

1) would the 15 attack ammo > 4dex?
2) epona/brutal vs dex ring and earring
3) thaumas feet vs dilarams
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-04-16 15:17:37  
Thanzo187 said: »
Here.

That url was pretty funky though, so if it doesn't work, google for "ffxi dps spreadsheet google docs" and it should be the first hit.
By Thanzo187 2012-04-17 20:32:01  
cool thanks man :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Lyrminas
user: lyrminas
By Phoenix.Lyrminas 2012-06-04 23:29:12  
Vixin said: »

What atmacites are you using to get these "AVERAGES". Just curious. Currently using Valiant, Coercion, and Discipline. I don't remember what my numbers are on qilin.
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-06-05 00:13:20  
With proper attack buffs and food it's fairly easy to hit those numbers with shun on Qilin, he's kinda squishy. :P

*edit* And a blade: shun set of course.
 Titan.Kongmingtwo
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Kongmingtwo 2012-06-08 12:41:03  
still no kannagi vs kikoku + shun comparisons?

beginning to think i should just halt my kikoku...
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-06-08 12:48:48  
Titan.Kongmingtwo said: »

very wise choice
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-06-08 13:00:44  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
With proper attack buffs and food it's fairly easy to hit those numbers with shun on Qilin, he's kinda squishy. :P

Do some people not have Different sets for WSs?
[+]
 Titan.Kongmingtwo
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Kongmingtwo 2012-06-08 13:15:21  
Ramuh.Yarly said: »
Titan.Kongmingtwo said: »

very wise choice

Yeah... I'm having a hard time with it if kikoku+shun isn't gonna be better than kannagi+hi.

It would also solve my current problem of wanting 4 merit ws, as I could just drop shun for exenterator, and keep GSD and GKT. And build a mandau instead...

Hard to stomach since NIN was always my main =(
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-08 13:49:55  
Anecdotally, there's a Kikoku+Shun NIN on my server (hi, I know you're reading!) who consistently parses way higher than any other NIN I've ever seen in VW. I've read all of the Kikoku hate in these threads but when I saw this guy's performance, it was clear at least that, while Kannagi may still be better in the hands of an equally skilled player, Kikoku's definitely not bad.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-06-08 14:08:04  
If you're just comparing Shun to Hi then Hi will most likely win in a landslide, but atk +35 and an always active ~13% chance to deal triple damage has to factor in too (Assuming 95 Kikoku). I wouldn't build a Kikoku myself, but I went with Mandau so I understand trophies.
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-06-08 15:43:20  
Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
Asura.Hotsoups said: »

Do some people not have Different sets for WSs?

I had to add that last bit because yes, some people do not gear swap. And then they say stuff like, "Why my weaponskill no do good damage?" xD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Bakura
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bakura
By Caitsith.Bakura 2012-07-17 19:21:26  
i'll just finish this thread by posting Kikoku Seems to be used only by pros and Noobs seem to touch friendly empyreans since its noob friendly yay oh wait the game in 95% noobs soo it wouldn't matter if someone holding a kikoku because they wouldn't provide good data LOL
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-07-17 19:26:58  
Caitsith.Bakura said: »
i'll just finish this thread by posting Kikoku Seems to be used only by pros and Noobs seem to touch friendly empyreans since its noob friendly yay oh wait the game in 95% noobs soo it wouldn't matter if someone holding a kikoku because they wouldn't provide good data LOL
yes because mindless proccing in dyna makes you more pro than mindless proccing in aby
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-07-17 19:32:20  

That just made my head hurt. :|
[+]
By Kaari 2012-07-17 20:00:03  
Sylph.Sagiaurex said: »

^
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-07-17 20:24:26  
Kaari said: »
Sylph.Sagiaurex said: »

^

Finished a thread by necro'ing it.

mindblown.w/e
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2012-07-25 10:13:58  
I just had a few questions regarding Blade: Shun; having not really played in quite awhile I'm a little behind so please excuse me, any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated ^..^

I know it's DEX based weapon skill, but is it also CRIT weapon skill as well and if it's worth having CRIT DMG/Rate?

What should I focus on for a stat build, I know DEX is main and probably good idea to add Attack as well? Like DEX>AttacK?>STR?

What would be the best offhand katana (95 Kikoku main hand), it seems STR/Attack katana would be best or is there better newer one?

Does double/triple attack gear affect it?