Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-09 10:56:15  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
They made dancer not be raped by job ability delay

I think I missed this because it didn't happen.

Also, my post here outlines the basic minimum requirements (which is realistically what SE will do) to turn DRK from a melee with stun to a magic/melee hybrid. None of my four points require much more than copy/paste and adjusting some parameters.
 Cerberus.Ddbone
サーバ: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2011-12-09 10:56:53  
IMO BLU is the only hybrid job that works to its full potential, so instead of reinventing the wheel for RDM and DRKs, just look at what works on BLU and apply that to DRK and RDM.

Why are BLUs able to cast and still maintain status a front line job?

I'm throwing a few things out there, I think we need to approach the problem from this perspective, instead of throwing out cool stuff and hoping something sticks. In no way did I put a lot of thought into this but lets get the ball rolling.

So I could get it started: what are the essentials to make a hybrid job work, and I'll write how that applies to BLU, then SE just has to make it apply to DRK and RDM too

a) instant cast spells, or spells that do not significantly reduce TP gain or melee DOT. (Quad.cont like spells.)

b) JA's or spells on low timers that give large boosts dmg. (CA / Efflux)

c) something to force the job to stay front line (small spell range)

d) Good Melee DOT (A+ sword skill, high haste gear and spells)

e) Good WS dmg (CdC)

So lets add things to DRK to satify these deficiencies where they present themselves:

example a) dark holy (1000dmg?), dark holy II(1500dmg?) and drain/aspire III(650dmg?+overfill effect) and low recasts (20, 25 and 1 min respectively?). I haven't played DRK in so long that I don't know what numbers here would be appropriate but they need to be inline with quad cont and heavy strike for example, along with a <1 second cast time.

for example b) I'd apply this to drk through a JA that makes the new "Dark Holy spell" [which will address deficiency a.] do x3 dmg. So BLMs and DRKs can dark holy for 1000 dmg every 20 seconds, but every 1 minute 30 DRK can pop a 4500 dmg "Dark holy II". BLMs won't get this ability.

example c) a spell that gives a straight 30%(?) def/magic def down effect but can only be cast at a range of 5 or less, has a duration of 3-4 seconds and recast of 10. Casting time is <1 sec. Not sure if c. is required for drk. I don't think DRKs are going to forgo melee all together for dark holy spam anyhow.

I don't think DRKs are deficient in D and E, so that doesn't need to be addressed.
By SilverTalon 2011-12-09 11:00:29  
`
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-09 11:03:06  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
They made dancer not be raped by job ability delay
I think I missed this because it didn't happen. Also, my post here outlines the basic minimum requirements (which is realistically what SE will do) to turn DRK from a melee with stun to a magic/melee hybrid. None of my four points require much more than copy/paste and adjusting some parameters.

Sorry, I was worried my boss was going to see me farting around at a bad time. I meant that Dancer isn't raped by the job ability delay because the things it does are valueable. I was trying to convey that drks elemental and some of its dark spells aren't worth the price in dot delay they impose but if you changed that (that being what they gave in return for the delay penalty) they might be.

I just was trying to counter the idea of "if you just remove hasso's restriction it'll all be fixed".
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-09 11:09:45  
Haha, okay yeah then. Steps and Reverse Flourish are probably worth doing if you aren't at capped Haste and can reliably self-skillchain. It's still a pretty major problem for the job though.

Anyway, "Darkness" and "Darkness II" would be cast (sometimes, if they were strong enough), but they're a pretty lame way to fix the job's design. Also, they'd require new animations which make them pretty unlikely. Not a single player suggestion has resulted in anything with a new animation. The most you can hope for is to affect the properties of things that already exist.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-09 11:12:24  
I promise that English is my native tongue.
 Asura.Revelation
サーバ: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2011-12-09 11:12:36  
I always wanted Dark Knight to be able to summon skeletons(ever since I had started at NA release). Maybe not so much as a pet class, but possibly having a spell/JA that summons 1-3(depending on your level?) skeletons that will attack/last for 30 seconds with a 5min recast. And maybe at the end of the 30 seconds, if they're still alive, you "absorb" them which gives you attack, acc, etc.. bonus for another 30 seconds.

Basically, a creative way of giving a higher damage output for 1 min, every 5 mins.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-09 11:55:41  
Asura.Revelation said: »
I always wanted Dark Knight to be able to summon skeletons(ever since I had started at NA release). Maybe not so much as a pet class, but possibly having a spell/JA that summons 1-3(depending on your level?) skeletons that will attack/last for 30 seconds with a 5min recast. And maybe at the end of the 30 seconds, if they're still alive, you "absorb" them which gives you attack, acc, etc.. bonus for another 30 seconds.

Basically, a creative way of giving a higher damage output for 1 min, every 5 mins.

as much as i would like this i think they would limit it to only working in indoor areas or night time.. (reason they didnt create necromancer) but srsly i think they should make something like this...even if its hounds.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-09 12:01:15  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

as much as i would like this i think they would limit it to only working in indoor areas or night time.. (reason they didnt create necromancer) but srsly i think they should make something like this...even if its hounds.

Sounds like it could've been a potential second 2hr
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-09 12:06:08  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

Sounds like it could've been a potential second 2hr

but as i said that 2hour would be limited. because having a skele out in the sun is against our religious beliefs lol.

though as ive said before if they dont give it to us in our new 2hour.. how about this.. tweak our current two hour so for every 500 hp drained we get a clone of ourselves that have 500 hp (a rif on zieds cloning ability). and have it capped at 3 clones..
 Fenrir.Kaomii
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2011-12-09 18:42:15  
I understand that the main argument here seems to be that casting magic cuts into your time dealing damage. Since Samurai subjob isn't going anywhere, this just feels like the easiest fix. Even if they gave us Dark Magic Celerity or the likes, Hasso/Seigan will still penalize it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-09 19:02:37  
i still wished that drks got the double sword weapon >.> (to better explain what im thinking of its the weapon serge uses in chrono cross) man...that would of been the best thing SE could of done for drk >.>
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-12-09 19:24:31  
i still wished that drks got the double sword weapon >.> (to better explain what im thinking of its the weapon serge uses in chrono cross) man...that would of been the best thing SE could of done for drk >.>

Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-09 19:29:12  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »

You know u want it >.>
 Carbuncle.Hysoka
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Hyso
By Carbuncle.Hysoka 2011-12-09 19:48:02  
I know ! We need a spell that would let us dual wield two handed weapons for 1min. And call it 3rd arm !

Apoc + Calad anyone ?

>.>

<.<
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-09 19:53:45  
Carbuncle.Hysoka said: »
I know ! We need a spell that would let us dual wield two handed weapons for 1min. And call it 3rd arm !

Apoc + Calad anyone ?

>.>

<.<

That delay would just suck @.@
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-09 19:54:30  
It was coined as a Swallow in Chrono Cross, and no, that wouldn't be a good weapon for DRKs.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-09 20:17:31  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
It was coined as a Swallow in Chrono Cross, and no, that wouldn't be a good weapon for DRKs.

Depending on how they model the weapon it could fit drk well. seeing as how drk seems the only logical class to get a dual sided heavy blade... though i do agree that if they go with ffxi models then war would seem to be more appropriate..

but its kinda useless talking about something that can never happen anyways xD so ya. anyways i think a terror spell would be nice.. or ability... like "Scary Face" >.>
By Fumiku 2011-12-09 20:27:56  
I think that the thing that people are missing is that fact that rdm and drk were not meant to just toss of elemental spells. They were supposed to do them in a magic burst for the best dmg....
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-09 20:29:41  
Fumiku said: »
I think that the thing that people are missing is that fact that rdm and drk were not meant to just toss of elemental spells. They were supposed to do them in a magic burst for the best dmg....

I think was ur missing is no....just no... because a drk MB is still ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-12-09 20:32:35  
I don't think offensive magic on DRK will ever become something anyone will focus on or even really attempt until the TP return from Occult Acumen equals or beats TP gain rate through standard melee.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-09 20:34:20  
Fenrir.Enternius said: »
I don't think offensive magic on DRK will ever become something anyone will focus on or even really attempt until the TP return from Occult Acumen equals or beats TP gain rate through standard melee.

or the after effect is nice. or even if the spell is powerful enough. but as it stands no elemental spell will ever be used
 Bismarck.Selzak
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-12-09 20:46:08  
Fumiku said: »
Hey...you might be right...

Alert all DRKs! After 10 years, we've finally found the answer! Get this groundbreaking info out ASAP to all forums!

~haave I ever tooold you that you're myyy heeeeeroooo~
 Titan.Bomber
サーバ: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-12-09 23:37:17  
Give DRK dark spells diabolos style w/ high dmg mab/dark ele skill based that give debuffs or a JA of super weapon bash ! or a JA that absorbs all ur buffs to power up ur next WS
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-12-09 23:59:26  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
I personally think the Anti-Holy could be called Scathe or Scathe II

and then their banish-style Dark Magic could be called Demi, Demi II and so on

instead of Demiga, Call it Demi More

Ragnarok.Matriarch
user: Taisaijin
By Ragnarok.Matriarch 2011-12-10 00:07:47  
I feel like a tool for suggesting this but...

Spell Name: Trauma
Effect: Deals darkness damage with potency based on damage sustained by the caster and transfers a negative status effect(s) to the target.

I just really like the word Trauma!
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-12-10 12:41:08  
Let me keep swinging while casting but don't give me TP off of those swings...

I guess they have said they cannot do this?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-12-10 12:43:34  
Carbuncle.Hysoka said: »

Apoc + Calad anyone ?

>.>

<.<

That delay would just suck @.@
Regain/Save TP/TP wings
By Greever 2011-12-12 11:58:43  
maybe they can give drk a stance, like innin/yonin. one for melee drks and one for magic casting?
 Odin.Seconds
サーバ: Odin
user: s0jik
By Odin.Seconds 2011-12-12 12:23:31  
Samurai can solo skillchains easy.
Dancer can solo skillchains easy.
Blu can solo skillchains easy.
Ukko war can solo a light skillchain massively.
Drg can solo skillchains via Spirit Link.
Nin can dodge skillchains (tenzen fight).
Pup can skillchain with their thing.

I don't think Drk fits with the group above.

What about a JA that allows the next ws (perhaps limited to entropy) that allows the closing of Darkness every x minutes?
This also allows the enhancement of any magic casted within the burst.
An addition of other darkness spells and Magic Burst Bonus should go along with it too.
This also ups the damage of entropy with the closing of a lvl3 sc.

Either that, or entropy should just straight up drain TP instead of MP.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8