user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-10-07 13:16:52  
It's still 75, I'm on the 3rd trial. I literally got it two days ago lol
 Midgardsormr.Playerone
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Playerone
By Midgardsormr.Playerone 2012-10-07 13:19:49  
Also was thinking of off handing kraken club with it. How awsome would that be for keeping up MP? :P
 Cerberus.Corphish
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-10-07 13:24:13  
KC seems to be the best combo with Mjo, but as for that proc, it's only gonna proc on Mjo's hits, I believe. So if Mjo only attacked once that round and KC did 7, you're hoping on that one hit that it activates.
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-07 15:18:28  
Cerberus.Corphish said: »
Are you enjoying them killshot trials? :p Or is Randgrith at least somewhat decent of a WS at least?
Must be easier with kclub, at least I'd assume? '-'
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-07 17:39:59  
Sylph.Binckry said: »
Are you enjoying them killshot trials? :p Or is Randgrith at least somewhat decent of a WS at least?
Must be easier with kclub, at least I'd assume? '-'

Randgrith is awful, and I was 2 items away from the optimal build for it. Kraken club only makes a huge difference because it lets you intermittently use othe WS to keep your MP up or try to speed up the mob's HP bar depletion. Most of the time you'll be t 250+ TP before it's low enough Randgrith to kill. Your other WS are either too weak to be worth the JA delay (if you're doing the trial with embrava full time, which Is the only way I can recommend) or too strong and will either kill the mob or leave it too low to rebuild TP.

I started WSing to get them really low, then grabbing another mob to TP on and randgrithng my weak target, etc.

There's nothing enjoyable about it.
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-10-07 18:03:19  
It's just as Sylow said. Randgrith is terrible, forget the Shield Break/Acc up effect. I haven't made a correct set for it, so I just used my Hexa for WS. I usually sit on TPing til 25~15% enemy health then WS, as Hexa and Realm are too strong and don't give me enough time to build TP again (sometimes I'll Mystic Boon). Even then, sometimes it'll miss a hit and I'll only fart out 200 damage, leaving me no choice but to kill it and move on to the next one, hoping I don't repeat the same miss. It hasn't been too terrible. The first killshot trial was Beasts so I went to Terrigan and did rabbits. I had to throw away about 8 mobs. Not bad, but Randgrith truly is a mystery as far as why it's so weak.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-07 19:22:26  
It's just as Sylow said. Randgrith is terrible, forget the Shield Break/Acc up effect. I haven't made a correct set for it, so I just used my Hexa for WS. I usually sit on TPing til 25~15% enemy health then WS, as Hexa and Realm are too strong and don't give me enough time to build TP again (sometimes I'll Mystic Boon). Even then, sometimes it'll miss a hit and I'll only fart out 200 damage, leaving me no choice but to kill it and move on to the next one, hoping I don't repeat the same miss. It hasn't been too terrible. The first killshot trial was Beasts so I went to Terrigan and did rabbits. I had to throw away about 8 mobs. Not bad, but Randgrith truly is a mystery as far as why it's so weak.

It's a Relic WS.
[+]
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-10-07 19:52:45  
Eh besides the obvious, lol.

I do have a question though. Does the hidden effect triple damage improve with level at all? Its proc rate is lower than I had hoped, which is disappointing.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-07 19:56:10  
13% for 95 version, 5% for 75 version.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-10-08 10:32:33  
If you think Randgrith killshot trials are bad, try doing Mystic Boon killshots...

Mjollnir trial was a walk in the park after doing Yagrush.
 Midgardsormr.Playerone
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Playerone
By Midgardsormr.Playerone 2012-10-08 15:00:30  
Ok thanks for the info guys. I will not be making relic club it seems way to meh. Was going to make a relic flute to go along with my 99 emp harp but with the new job coming out I don't want to invest to much gil in a job that may be replaced. Now im not sure what to do with all my dynamis money. ><
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-08 15:10:59  

I do have a question though. Does the hidden effect triple damage improve with level at all? Its proc rate is lower than I had hoped, which is disappointing.
~13% at 99, with the usual first-hit-only caveat.
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-10-08 15:51:59  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

~13% at 99, with the usual first-hit-only caveat.
You talking about just normal swings? It can't activate on WS, correct?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-08 16:05:02  
right