フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » QQ the Righteous rides a lone pale Drama Llama
QQ the Righteous rides a lone pale Drama Llama
 Siren.Temeraire
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-04-29 18:16:47  
1. Never trust anyone in this game.

2. People will only help you so long as you can/are willing to help them. Same goes for being nice and/or trustworthy.

3. Hard work is not rewarded in this game unless you are also asskissing or have a vagina IRL. You won't get anything any faster than lazy people who kiss *** or have a vagina IRL.

4. If they can use you and get away with it, they will.

5. I promise you no item really worth having that is craftable is "exclusive" to one person no matter how hard it is to make.
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-04-29 18:18:55  
Temeraire said:

4. I promise you no item really worth having that is craftable is "exclusive" to one person no matter how hard it is to make.

What if it has sentimental value and the person who crafted it no longer plays? then you can never have a signed copy of whatever it was again >.>
[+]
 Siren.Narayan
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-04-29 18:22:19  
Temeraire said:
I promise you no item really worth having that is craftable is "exclusive" to one person no matter how hard it is to make.

The exclusivity was more the sentimental value that is in the only SH+1 signed by Akukate in existance (which is now in some sort of void under the possession/control of Kaz).

And good points for any game. And lol ya the power of vagina > all.
[+]
 Siren.Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-04-29 18:24:15  
Ultrarichard said:
Temeraire said:

4. I promise you no item really worth having that is craftable is "exclusive" to one person no matter how hard it is to make.

What if it has sentimental value and the person who crafted it no longer plays? then you can never have a signed copy of whatever it was again >.>

Lol you posted what I said right when I posted it :) Akukate hasn't played in a long time ; ; Kate and Diagemi went bye~bye
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-04-29 18:44:55  
Didn't mean for that one point to draw more attention than the others. I myself have a couple of items synthed by people who are long gone.

Seriously, I wish there was an LS out there that was at least equal parts objective and subjective, but unfortunately it doesn't exist on Siren.

Of course, I am sitting here waiting patiently for someone to tell me how completely fair their LS's system is *cueeyesrolling*
 Siren.Burne
By Siren.Burne 2009-04-29 21:07:42  
Ah Tem has been playing for many moons like most of us. I agree that no virtual item is worth any kinda drama. I think deep down we all know this. But because we have invested so much time and ...time into this game lol we tend to extend a bit of real life honor/morality? (can I even say that) into it.

So I'll just end this post by saying SCORPION HARNESS +1 WHERE ARE YOU!!!. With your sweet signature that sits carved into your label. I'll blame your careless manufacturing for me not keeping shadows up all the time. I miss you SH+1. I dont get hit nearly as much anymore without you...
[+]
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-04-29 22:18:20  
I just spent three and a half minutes staring at Burne's avatar.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 23:22:24  
Jimmyjazz said:

Same...
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-29 23:38:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Burne said:
It's just funny this whole chain of events. Rib said he's gonna play detective and follow people around to screen shot their deceit.

I was about to post something related to the thread but your avatar made me forget.....
O.O
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 23:43:05  
boring boobs are boring.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-29 23:51:28  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Jimmyjazz said:

Same...

Somebody said anything? I'm just watching this woman take off her.....whatever that is she is taking off.
 Siren.Antigod
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2009-04-30 00:07:57  
Oh, I remember that avatar from Allakhazam.. Although, I have to say my favorite Alla avatar was:

User submitted image
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-30 00:09:29  
Antigod said:
Oh, I remember that avatar from Allakhazam.. Although, I have to say my favorite Alla avatar was:

User submitted image

should let my avi poke it...
[+]
 Siren.Antigod
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2009-04-30 00:12:10  
God, I love that avatar.. I just can't stop looking at it.. It looks even better seeing more than one on the screen at once.. jiggling in unison..

User submitted image User submitted image User submitted image
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-30 00:13:16
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Antigod said:
God, I love that avatar.. I just can't stop looking at it.. It looks even better seeing more than one on the screen at once.. jiggling in unison..

o.o

/cheer ._. "thread is made of win" +1
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-30 00:13:59  
Antigod said:

Nice!
 Cerberus.Radaghast
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-04-30 00:28:46  
Rules of FFXI:

1. Don't *** up!
2. Don't share your Info with anyone.
3. See rules 1 & 2 if you have any questions.

My roomate/bestfriend doesn't have my account info. My brother, doesn't have my account info. Nobody in game, has my account info.

The only people who have ever had my account info, other than me, are the *** RMT that hijacked my account some 14 months ago.

It is not a question of wheather or not I trust them, as individuals. However, this way, I never have to doubt any of my friends, or anyone else. :)

If you wouldn't give someone access to your bank account, then you shouldn't give them access to your POL.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-04-30 00:33:07  
Narayan said:
I'm posting in Siren section cause I'm from Siren ^_^ but I wanna see the rest of the community’s take on this.... and perhaps see this one day moved to Flame Core lol

So… hypothetically speaking >_> Say you have a good friend that you met online and speak to every day. You’ve met this person IRL and have an honest friendship with them in-game and out. Now said friend has been on and off the game you guys met thru and has taken breaks here and there. In an effort to still keep playing and progressing they give you their account info. You share yours with them. Life is grand.

At some point your friend “comes back” to the game and plays more often so you don’t bother logging on as them anymore. During this time they share their account info with another online friend of theirs. You don’t really care; it’s not your account. If they trust this other person as much as they trusted you than it should be fine, right?

Again your friend takes a break and keeps their account alive by having shared but now its shared in such a way that their other friend is paying for the account. In the course of “the break” the caretaker has accumulated in-game wealth off the shared characters crafting skill(s) and even purchased expensive end-game attire with shared characters original fortune.

Obviously a break is just that and now your friend wants back. They need their heroin fix (hey read a pun in that). Perhaps some bickering occurs; perhaps some communication is lost between your friend and their character’s caretaker, but at some point your friends account is deactivated for a period of a month or two. Out the kindness of your heart, and bond of friendship you have, you react your friends account and tell them to update their account info.

Now you and your friend are back online occasionally and they are readjusting from their prolonged break. But oh no! The former caretaker who had deactivated, let the account deactivate and/or agreed to deactivate the account can no longer log in! While your friend and the former caretaker work out why this has occurred and “where the *** is all my characters gear?!” a drama unfolds.

Cry does the former caretakers righteous friend. They QQ so much as to post on at least 3 different online forums that—you—are an untrustworthy person. A thief! Perhaps even a hacker! Thankfully other online friends catch one of these forum posts and send you word. In defense you respond; as well as, try to be polite and show you understand where this might be coming from.

The peanut gallery points out something the righteous QQ’r stated. That the expensive in-game attire (which was purchased with your friend’s funds) should be returned to the former caretaker! In a civil effort you reply and state that your friend is already in process of working out the details and this is between them; not a public forum, and certainly not the misguided stones being tossed at you.

Since your friend was already working this out with the former caretaker issues on gear are resolved… well enough. Former caretaker gets the expensive attire, your friend gets—some—of their gear back. QQ the Righteous of course follows up that thanks should all be to their grand effort of QQing in forums as this “crisis” would never have been resolved had they not vehemently cried injustice! In disgust you state one last opinion on the QQ’r and their pointless crusade that was in process of resolution before they even started. In upset your friend replies as well. With no apologies, QQ vanishes into the ether of the internet.

It is now nearly a month. You don’t talk to QQ or former caretaker even though they still are on your in-game friends list. And you laugh off the drama; it’s petty trite, right? But what is this? On a different forum than the one you and your friend replied to there is more info. Caretaker sold the expensive attire for 2.2M? And your friend is still missing their gear? What’s going on here? Why has the caretaker who was QQ’d over given up such an item worth QQ’ing? They sold it shortly after getting it back according to this post. A friend in-game sends you an even more disturbing message on Instant Messenger “Hey why is <former caretaker> being congratulated on getting a new <expensive attire> off Kirin?” WTF!?! They sold it and got a new one?!

Now, what are you to do? (Besides obviously posting in a public forum your experience.) You have been deemed “untrustworthy” on 3 separate forums. Your friend is still missing gear (notably an exclusive item that was HQ’d and signed by a former friend and is the only one in existence). And the former caretaker and QQ the Righteous are trotting around as hero and victim unapologetic (at the very least).

What to do, what to do.

Please comment.

Too wordy for what can be said in 3 sentences.
 Siren.Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-04-30 11:17:29  
Youre welcome to say it in 3 sentences.
[+]
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-30 11:21:01  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Antigod said:

Nice!

Ya know I'm TRYING to work here ... ... ... well not anymore ... but I was.
 Siren.Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-04-30 17:08:30  
So maybe that's it.

Kaz has 6 breasts. That has to be it. 6 Breasts. Breasts.
 Diabolos.Matuyoga
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Matuyoga
By Diabolos.Matuyoga 2009-04-30 18:34:51  
You don't need to do anything. As long as you act respectably and prove you're trustworthy to the people who are important to you, other players can go to hell for all you should care. Just let all the "hype" die down and when people are ready to listen to your/your friend's side of the story, explain it courteously to them once.

For future reference,

The easiest way of avoiding the large drama is just dealing with it privately rather than publicly, don't grace them with a public spectacle where the crowd should decide who's right or wrong. What does the public know? Were they there every step of the way? It's all a matter of two peoples word against one another.

Instead,

Kindly give them a phone number (or some other form of voice communication method) and ask them to join you so you can talk person to person, because if it's big enough to slander another persons name publicly it should be big enough to warrant a 10-15 minute call. I'm sure the wrong-doer won't be feeling so righteous when speaking over the phone, instead of behind a toon or a forum account with the public on his or her side. If he or she refuses, ask them why and if it's an unreasonable, ignorant or stupid response, screen shot it and then you can show the public that you tried to honorably handle the matter privately and civilly. Their refusal to handle the private matter, well privately, can give you the upper hand in debunking the wrong-doers post as nothing more then a "QQ spectacle to gain sympathy." (It'll also help you avoid the whole "Conversation Screenshot" BS, where words can be twisted.)

But if they do respond to you, be ready to listen and try to understand exactly what it is they're really angry about. Hell, it might all be a big misunderstanding. The two parties can work out a compromise then confirm it thoroughly in game (with screen shots as proof). If it doesn't work out, well you can say you tried and unless the wrong-doer recorded your entire conversation, it'll only be his or her word as proof and even then, them going to great lengths to try to slander another player can work against them turning them from a "victim" to a "whiner."
 Siren.Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-05-01 13:31:22  
Matuyoga said:

For future reference,

The easiest way of avoiding the large drama is just dealing with it privately rather than publicly, don't grace them with a public spectacle where the crowd should decide who's right or wrong. What does the public know? Were they there every step of the way? It's all a matter of two peoples word against one another.

Certainly, and that's how B and Kaz were handling it until QQ the Righteous went on his crusade which did nothing but get me karma trolls on forums and random dis /tells and emotes in-game.

Proven stat: when something is good a typical 3-4 people will hear about it. When something is bad 9-12 people will hear about it. That's just basic Customer Service. QQ hit his 9-12 and they just dont bother to read the otherside of the story /sigh.

Well, I had fun writing up the lengthy experience and the constructive replies were decent reads to pass a work day (even the boobs aside that took tangent).

Gonna go post this forums link on Sirenffxi, Siren Server doesnt seem to post on forums much... or they use lollakazham.

Really would like all those random tell and emoters to read the otherside of the coin. /blacklist is for the super annoying, not the misinformed.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-05-01 13:39:25  
It's how this game works.

You have the majority of the nerds who play this game sitting in their dungeons plotting to take over the world.

They get more e-peen from putting someone else down than they do from doing something positive.

They also get a real world ego boost: OMG look! Someone else is more fail than I am!
 Siren.Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-05-01 13:46:18  
Temeraire said:
It's how this game works.

You have the majority of the nerds who play this game sitting in their dungeons plotting to take over the world.

They get more e-peen from putting someone else down than they do from doing something positive.

They also get a real world ego boost: OMG look! Someone else is more fail than I am!

lol, e-peen is mightier than the sword? or hey online anonymity is mightier than morals/ethics/good behaviour perhaps.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-05-01 14:04:37  
The next time you see someone run by with a Ridill on their hip, just imagine it is a giant ***. Makes a whole lot more sense to me, and it also makes for a hilarious mental image.
 Siren.Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-05-01 14:11:57  
And they follow this sign on their way to moghouse:
User submitted image

There is a yard sale, so maybe this is in Rollenberry Fields.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-05-01 14:16:05  
That looks very much like Rolanberry Fields, although I am quite certain there is one in every zone no matter how out of the way it is.