own area
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 16:25:31  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
I understand that, I just didn't want people to be misled into thinking they would be averaging a white proc every run. It's not even worth doing the no SJ proc thing more often than not if going with SJ will grant you 100 more currency on average per white proc.

If you're aiming to proc reliably while killing fast, the addition of a subjob isn't going to boost your output by as much as the chance of a hundred piece would. Or at least, that is the case for myself right now. If I had reliable procing options on a decent DD job, I might agree with you, but DNC seeks to gain relatively little from having subjob, to be honest.

And yes, I obviously dual box. I don't see how that changes how cities are very obviously subpar to Dreamlands. I could pull up comparisons if need be.
right 2box, in that case then, i duo dyna-jeuno everyday and average 300-350. looks like were getting the same coins eh slick.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 16:29:20  
Not really, because the addition of another person doesn't actually double your output as one might expect, even if the other person is actually a person. If it's a mule, it adds even less, especially if the mule isn't doing damage.

The only way you'd actually "double" your output is if each individual were working in separate areas with no mob overlap, and then the setup for procs would likely put one person at a disadvantage regardless.

And then guess what? You have two people to divide your currency between, and you're effectively making less than you were.

Logic, how does it work?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 16:31:11  
Not really, because the addition of another person doesn't actually double your output as one might expect, even if the other person is actually a person. If it's a mule, it adds even less, especially if the mule isn't doing damage.

The only way you'd actually "double" your output is if each individual were working in separate areas with no mob overlap, and then the setup for procs would likely put one person at a disadvantage regardless.

And then guess what? You have two people to divide your currency between, and you're effectively making less than you were.

Logic, how does it work?

i didn't say i was doubling my output. i simple said im getting that much with two people, which you are too. go solo, by solo i mean enter with only one account, then go pull "240+ white proc" and tell me my 150~ average coins in non-dream is flawed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 16:35:49  
If you are unable to identify the flaws in your own argument, I have nothing else to add. Enjoy your subpar currency outputs and misguided reasoning.

For clarification: With a SJ and without a mule - which I've only done once because I was switching over computers and can't run multiple instances on my laptop - netted me about 200.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 16:37:55  
If you are unable to identify the flaws in your own argument, I have nothing else to add. Enjoy your subpar currency outputs and misguided reasoning.

For clarification: With a SJ and without a mule - which I've only done once because I was switching over computers and can't run multiple instances on my laptop - netted me about 200.

my god you are so dense. congrats, your dream pulled just barely more coins than non-dream. go do it some with competition now.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 16:39:00  
200*30 = 6000
150*30 = 4500

In a month, that's the second stage of a relic. Who's dense?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 16:40:59  
200*30 = 6000
150*30 = 4500

In a month, that's the second stage of a relic. Who's dense?
i'm actually lowballing 150 since i dont parse it. and you did 200 "once", hardly enough data for an average. i've done 542 before, but i don't suddenly go "UNLESS YOU'RE GETTING 15000 COINS A MONTH YOU SUCK!"
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 16:43:07  
Enjoy your shitty currency. Stay out of the real zones, kthx.

(Also, I'm assuming you go BST and therefore had TH, which I didn't on that run. Keep in mind my 240s are also minimums.)
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 16:45:23  
Enjoy your shitty currency. Stay out of the real zones, kthx.

(Also, I'm assuming you go BST and therefore had TH, which I didn't on that run. Keep in mind my 240s are also minimums.)

yep i'll enjoy my shitty currency which happens to be about the same as you
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 16:47:16  
Perhaps if you weren't so damn obtuse and defensive, you'd see that I'm trying to help you by pointing out that you could be doing better.

But go on, continue to parade about how proud you are that you're doing an inferior job.
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-11-25 16:47:17  
What I gathered from this was that people are saying that Dreamlands are too crowded
and people are sniping "their" mobs and whatnot.

So saying that he could solo 140-150 coins in Jeuno, which is a solid amount for that zone
was right on par to the topic.

On Sylph I would say Dreamlands have roughly 9-15 inside when I go, which is mostly real late PST.
On a few occasions solo or with a group I've snatched mobs off BSTs and others
who are fighting 2-4 mobs and there are none up for me to kill. For that, I don't feel bad in the least.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 16:48:36  
Perhaps if you weren't so damn obtuse and defensive, you'd see that I'm trying to help you by pointing out that you could be doing better.

But go on, continue to parade about how proud you are that you're doing an inferior job.

you could be doing better too, i've done 542. tip: not everything runs optimal at every given time due to other variables.
 Bismarck.Cicada
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2011-11-25 16:49:00  
Hohen is adorable. that is all.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 16:51:47  
Sylph.Siccmade said: »
What I gathered from this was that people are saying that Dreamlands are too crowded
and people are sniping "their" mobs and whatnot.

So saying that he could solo 140-150 coins in Jeuno, which is a solid amount for that zone
was right on par to the topic.

On Sylph I would say Dreamlands have roughly 9-15 inside when I go, which is mostly real late PST.
On a few occasions solo or with a group I've snatched mobs off BSTs and others
who are fighting 2-4 mobs and there are none up for me to kill. For that, I don't feel bad in the least.

No doubt, but I don't see the point of willingly settling for a lesser option, especially when there are multiple workable configurations in every Dreamland zone. I've had runs where it's been empty and runs where I'd seen 15 pile into the zone after me, I still generally manage to hold my own. Obviously, it requires more attention to keeping things claimed if there are people around.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 16:53:24  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
I got a high number of currency.

I also got a high number of currency that one time. Average run except four lucky white procs. You're super cool. Let's throw out outliers moar.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-11-25 16:54:50  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
I got a high number of currency.

I also got a high number of currency that one time. Average run except four lucky white procs. You're super cool. Let's throw out outliers moar.

yeah and let's start the argument with your hidden 2box.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-25 16:56:19  
If you're a dnc go without sub, if you're not a dnc then sub dnc. What are we even discussing?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-25 17:04:14  
Trying to figure that out myself, seems quite out of place and certainly unecessary. Seems someone is mayad that they got called out on their lie :C
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-11-25 17:08:12  
What is this thread? o_O

I don't even know if I want this thread to rerail.... o_o
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-11-25 17:09:39  
Anye owns us.
[+]
By runeghost 2011-11-25 17:14:24  
So, while people were arguing I decided to check my server to see if anything had changed.. I went into a dynamis dreamlands (there was a bst there, now it is empty except for me). So, um, yes, your server may vary greatly =)
Also 55 minutes in, 5 minutes left, gotten two "One byne bills" so, yeah, you can all go on about how you average a hundred times better than me if that makes you feel better about yourself ^_^

-R
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-25 17:16:03  
Soloists wouldn't be so bad (particularly BSTs in this case) if they didn't have their god damn ladybug holding 20 mobs at once. *** that ***

I solo on BLU, can pull in 100~150 pieces a run (maybe 200 after we get TH on live servers :C) if I don't have Beastie McFuckface over there holding every god damn diremite and dancing weapon in the zone with his stupid ladybug
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-11-25 17:31:14  
runeghost said: »
So, while people were arguing I decided to check my server to see if anything had changed.. I went into a dynamis dreamlands (there was a bst there, now it is empty except for me). So, um, yes, your server may vary greatly =)
Also 55 minutes in, 5 minutes left, gotten two "One byne bills" so, yeah, you can all go on about how you average a hundred times better than me if that makes you feel better about yourself ^_^

-R
Wow, unless you're just in it for the gears, you're doing it wrong.

I feel like I just got trolled. I did, Didn't I?
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2011-11-25 17:34:45  
runeghost said: »

-R
You need to get all of the TE statues to be able to proc mobs. (or at least up your chances) Without procs nothing is going to drop. Procs are DNC steps.
 Phoenix.Jimie
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2011-11-25 18:20:04  
1. Jinjo is a worse troll than Flion.

2. Runeghost needs to say what server they're on as they've said twice now, "on my server CoP is empty", I get the feeling if a server was specified there'd be people from that server on here calling BS. Never seen an empty CoP zone.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 18:24:11  
Do you know what a troll is? I'm stating the truth. Get over yourself.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-25 18:26:24  
Get over yourself.

I think people use that phrase, more inappropriately than the term "troll", honestly lol