New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Different NIN Builds
Different NIN Builds
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-12-15 13:54:02  
Has Koga Chainmail been confirmed of 5% DW?
By Otomis 2011-12-15 14:11:41  
KothoftheHammer said: »
Well it's part of a "melee build"
Some monsters have insta cast, aoe hits like giants or the harpies.

Things you can not prevent.
and inb4 "dont be in there"
It's almost always katana HQ, iono why for me.....

I agree, I wont wear rancor, and using full sets of macros with about 8 sets of gear for my nin as well. But 10% damage from instant cast Aga's I will pass. Also not all healers are capable of healing a gear change spamming tank.

If you know your healer and they are a damn good one. Rancor it up.
 Shiva.Haptic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Haptic
By Shiva.Haptic 2011-12-15 14:26:10  
Otomis said: »

I agree, I wont wear rancor, and using full sets of macros with about 8 sets of gear for my nin as well. But 10% damage from instant cast Aga's I will pass. Also not all healers are capable of healing a gear change spamming tank.

Neck piece makes you blink? hmm...
By Otomis 2011-12-15 14:37:47  
Shiva.Haptic said: »

Neck piece makes you blink? hmm...

Sarcasm makes you smart? Mrrr...
By Drjones 2011-12-15 14:41:26  
There are mages that still don't use <stal>? FFS...
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-12-15 14:48:30  
<stpt> <stal> lets u blink as much as u want tho
By Otomis 2011-12-15 14:52:15  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said: »

Also when I play main tank healer: I use <p1-5>: <p1> <p2> etc: I use that in one solid line for the tank only which then requires no targeting and blink will not effect you at all.

What messes it up is if someone DC's and the tank position changes in party: But you should have another macro line ready just in case with:

<stpt> and <stal>

This of course is for those of us who do not use cheats and play ffxi with original macro system.
 Asura.Dtroyy
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-12-15 14:54:17  
Drjones said: »
There are mages that still don't use Blinkmenot FFS...
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-15 15:37:32  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-15 15:59:47  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said: »

Also when I play main tank healer: I use <p1-5>: <p1> <p2> etc: I use that in one solid line for the tank only which then requires no targeting and blink will not effect you at all.

What messes it up is if someone DC's and the tank position changes in party: But you should have another macro line ready just in case with:

<stpt> and <stal>

This of course is for those of us who do not use cheats and play ffxi with original macro system.

I type all of my spells, and aside from the occasional (repeated) misspelling of something, I have no trouble at all.

I cannot believe that even a situational anti-blinking movement exists in this game.
 Ragnarok.Shred
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Konda
By Ragnarok.Shred 2011-12-16 07:46:59  
Asura.Kaisuko said: »

Koga Chainmail +2 is 3%

I'm interested to see if legs+2 have more than 5% DW on them or not. Currently sitting at the top of my list for EVA build legs.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-16 11:28:08  
Ragnarok.Shred said: »

Koga Chainmail +2 is 3%
Well that sucks ***.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-17 17:50:14  
Sylph.Nikia said: »
Real fast:
Mextli Harness VS Koga Chainmail +2?

Thinking Mextli Harness since DW is the same but added benifit of more ACC and Katana skill+7

Thanks in advance for opinions
Ninja Chainmail or Iga +2?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-17 18:01:54  
Fair enough, Koga+2 beats Mextli, but Mextli would be better for your party as a whole with the sphere effect.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-17 18:03:07  
Real fast:
Mextli Harness VS Koga Chainmail +2?

Thinking Mextli Harness since DW is the same but added benifit of more ACC and Katana skill+7

Thanks in advance for opinions
I don't think the acc and katana skill beat the 20 attack you get from koga+2 nonetheless you shouldn't be tping in either of those. Ninja chainmail and Iga Ningi are still hands down the best TP bodies atm.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-17 18:11:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
I don't think the acc and katana skill beat the 20 attack you get from koga+2 nonetheless you shouldn't be tping in either of those. Ninja chainmail and Iga Ningi are still hands down the best TP bodies atm.

I dont care for the spikes from chainmail +1 and for Iga rather have the DW, to be honest i suppose I just want to nit pick my setup and always want to change it, koga+2 gives me a reason to rethink it. That is why I wanted to look at just those 2 body pieces.
Shouldn't be getting hit enough for the spikes to even be relevant,not that they are anyways, and Iga+2 is for when you don't need the dual wield.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-17 18:16:42  

I dont care for the spikes from chainmail +1 and for Iga rather have the DW, to be honest i suppose I just want to nit pick my setup and always want to change it, koga+2 gives me a reason to rethink it. That is why I wanted to look at just those 2 body pieces.
Shouldn't be getting hit enough for the spikes to even be relevant,not that they are anyways, and Iga+2 is for when you don't need the dual wield.
^ this
I definitely said chainmail cuz of the spikes bruh >.>;

also, your set has been wrong if you have been tping in Mex Harness so you've had a reason to rethink it. Your just thinking in the wrong way :/
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-12-17 18:22:44  

^ this

also, your set has been wrong if you have been tping in Mex Harness so you've had a reason to rethink it. Your just thinking in the wrong way :/
BRUH
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-17 18:29:12  
Asura.Dtroyy said: »

^ this

BRUH
-1 for the avatar
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-17 18:45:12  
Ninja +1 if acc capped + delay uncapped, Iga +2 if hitrate uncapped or delay capped, Mextli maybe if in party with multiple DDs and delay uncapped, and I suppose Loki's if pDIF capped. I don't see Koga +2 in there and frankly Mextli isn't worth much either.
 Asura.Fetus
By Asura.Fetus 2011-12-17 20:22:43  
TP Set:

Thoughts? I know it's not the best, but I usually only play casually with a friend in Abyssea and Dynamis; but if there are any major improvements I could make, yell at me.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-12-17 20:29:21  
ninja chainmail (af1)
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-17 20:33:39  
Asura.Fetus said: »
TP Set:

Thoughts? I know it's not the best, but I usually only play casually with a friend in Abyssea and Dynamis; but if there are any major improvements I could make, yell at me.
You should use Iga hakama/Usu feet or Byakko's/Iga Kyahan and inside Aby you should always use Ninja Chainmail
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-12-18 01:10:42  
Okay Koga Chainmail +2 is DW+3%

What about Koga Pants +2?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-18 08:49:47  
If my understanding is right: 3% with my setup is 2.67 sec a round VS 5% being 2.57. That is .1 sec difference per round. Again if math is right i am thinking roughly every 62.5 seconds if auto attaching with no WS or casting I would be losing 1 attack round? Is that right?
No, it's not. That delay difference is approximately a 4% increase in attack speed, which is the real number you should be looking at, and will also increase your WS frequency (ex with a 210/201 setup I'm getting about a 3.1% increase including WS delay). This number can be applied even if you don't gain a round because the final hit will occur sooner and thus killspeed still improves.

Quote:
The practical application I am trying to figure out would be variables like I would more than likely being casting at some point in those 62.5 seconds or WSing or the monster is already dead and I am moving to the next one.
Wait times actually favor Ninja +1 in the case of Kannagi because it reduces aftermath downtime via enhanced WS frequency. Kikoku doesn't really change either way.

Quote:
Other factors I am trying to look at are the +15 acc +20 attach on koga. Possibly that would help add extra points per swing helping to mitigate the lost round, or the acc could mean I dont miss a swing from just using af1+1.
Iga +2 is better than either if accuracy is relevant, even if Koga +2 is sufficient to cap hitrate.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2011-12-19 09:23:27  
Hm, how do you guys think these look in comparison to Koga Tekko +2?

Also, Nefarious Collar + Rancor Mantle? Hmm.