Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 10:46:29  
Gaea said:
Rosangela said:
Wow, thread derailment.

Lazer hair removal vs shaving ?

Laser is garbage. Electrolysis is far more effective. Both will mess up your skin for a little while and there's a risk of long term damage too.

However, It's a bit of an extreme for your legs. Epilation is effective, easy to maintain, and the results are very nice.

Hmmmm, didn't know this, then again never heard of that procedure
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-30 10:49:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:
Rosangela said:
Wow, thread derailment.

Laser is garbage. Electrolysis is far more effective. Both will mess up your skin for a little while and there's a risk of long term damage too.

However, It's a bit of an extreme for your legs. Epilation is effective, easy to maintain, and the results are very nice.

Epilation isn't a procedure, so to speak. It's a DIY hair removal method. In general, the actual process is nothing more than tweezing, similar to waxing it just pulls the hair out by the root, but a mechanical epilator does this on a more massive scale tweezing a small area hundreds of times a second. So, it's like waxing without the mess. Waxing is a great way to start, though, and just epilate anything that comes back as it comes back.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 10:50:55  
Gaea said:
Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:
Rosangela said:
Wow, thread derailment.

Epilation isn't a procedure, so to speak. It's a DYI hair removal method. In general, the actual process is nothing more than tweezing, similar to waxing, but a mechanical epilator does this on a more massive scale tweezing a small area hundreds of times a second. So, it's like waxing without the mess. Waxing is a great way to start, though, and just epilate anything that comes back as it comes back.

Ah, well it sounds slightly less painful than waxing lol
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 10:54:07  
Dasva said:
Sounds like fun. Might try it if I ever become a swimmer i guess lol

Or a female..... :O
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
サーバ: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-04-30 10:54:35  
Rowland said:
Kajidourden said:
Kiriyu said:
Yes, that is actually Rowland.

Now rowland is gonna get spammed with "Ur t3h hotz" Pm's.... gg Kiri >.<

She just wants me to be above her on the most viewed list.

If I was a girl, I wouldn't mind looking like the girl in the pic, shes pretty hot :P
Yes, that was actually my objective. Everyone spam Rowland, plz.

And even if you do get lazer hair removal, doesn't it grow back eventually?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-30 10:54:58  
***? D:
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 10:55:43  
Haseyo said:
***? D:

You never know.... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS.... foreplay.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 10:56:09  
Kiriyu said:
Rowland said:
Kajidourden said:
Kiriyu said:

If I was a girl, I wouldn't mind looking like the girl in the pic, shes pretty hot :P

Just for that im viewing yours at least 10x XD
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-30 10:57:03  
Kiriyu said:

Must burn the roots!
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-30 10:59:07

Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:
Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:
Rosangela said:
Wow, thread derailment.

Epilation isn't a procedure, so to speak. It's a DYI hair removal method. In general, the actual process is nothing more than tweezing, similar to waxing, but a mechanical epilator does this on a more massive scale tweezing a small area hundreds of times a second. So, it's like waxing without the mess. Waxing is a great way to start, though, and just epilate anything that comes back as it comes back.

Waxing mainly hurts for two reasons.

The more hair, the more pain.

It can bond to the top lay of skin and tear that along with it. Some women probably like the resulting effect though cause it takes away an entire layer of dead skin, but proper skin care can do this too.

Epilation you can do about once a week or so, and less and less if you have really fine, thin hair. In many cases there's plenty of hair that will never grow back and much of it grows back so fine and so slow.

Hair has different growth phases and resting phases. So, when you wax, only the hair in the growth phase return immediately giving you a significantly smaller amount of hair to have to deal with. This hair also grows at different rates and since it had to start at the root and not at the point where you cut it off with shaving, it's very soft and fine.

It only takes a few weeks to get the hang of an epilator and you don't even notice the tweezing anymore. The hair are so few and far between and your legs won't be near as sensitive as, let's say your face, so it's far less discomforting than plucking your eyebrows.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 11:01:13  
Gaea said:
Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:
Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:
Rosangela said:
Wow, thread derailment.

It can bond to the top lay of skin and tear that along with it. Some women probably like the resulting effect though cause it takes away an entire layer of dead skin, but proper skin care can do this too.

Epilation you can do about once a week or so, and less and less if you have really fine, thin hair. In many cases there's plenty of hair that will never grow back and much of it grows back so fine and so slow.

Hair has different growth phases and resting phases. So, when you wax, only the hair in the growth phase return immediately giving you a significantly smaller amount of hair to have to deal with. This hair also grows at different rates and since it had to start at the root and not at the point where you cut it off with shaving, it's very soft and fine.

It only takes a few weeks to get the hang of an epilator and you don't even notice the tweezing anymore. The hair are so few and far between and your legs won't be near as sensitive as, let's say your face, so it's far less discomforting than plucking your eyebrows.

Hmmm "The science of hair removal", ill pick up my copy once it hits shelves.
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-30 11:03:06

Haseyo said:
Kiriyu said:

Must burn the roots!

LOL. In a way yes. Electrolysis accomplishes this at a much, much, much higher success rate. A little probe is inserted into the hair follicle and then a small burst of electricity current is run through um, I think the blood vessel that supplies oxygen to the follicle which effectively destroys the ability for it to grow any more hair. Something like that.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-30 11:04:49  
Dasva said:
sounds about as thrilling as that Earth movie by disney

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's way less interesting. This thread was actually interesting until Gaea started preaching about epilation for 4 pages, you're not in sales for them are you?
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 11:05:21  
Dasva said:
Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:
Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:
Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:
Rosangela said:
Wow, thread derailment.

Hmmm "The science of hair removal", ill pick up my copy once it hits shelves.

sounds about as thrilling as that Earth movie by disney

:O Speaking of which, i need to watch planet earth before i leave. 2 blu-ray discs of Documentary ftw!
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-30 11:05:36

You get to be almost 30 and you start looking for ways to make this process less and less a major part of your routine. It's time consuming. Guys have no idea how much time we spend and how much trouble we go through to take care of things they never see like body hair and skin/complexion imperfections. It's a lot of work and can get expensive really fast. The Beauty market is a major, major industry.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 11:08:57  
Rowland said:
Gaea said:
You get to be almost 30 and you start looking for ways to make this process less and less a major part of your routine. It's time consuming. Guys have no idea how much time we spend and how much trouble we go through to take care of things they never see like body hair and skin/complexion imperfections. It's a lot of work and can get expensive really fast. The Beauty market is a major, major industry.

This or That interjection:

Rich and ugly or Poor and goodlooking?

I vote for the latter.... because that's me XD

Edit: Or at least I like to think so...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-30 11:10:07  
How about well-off and cute? :x
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 11:15:49  
Gaea said:
Guys have no idea how much time we spend and how much trouble we go through to take care of things they never see

There's the problem MOAR skin lol
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-30 11:18:34  
Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:
Guys have no idea how much time we spend and how much trouble we go through to take care of things they never see

Okay seriously, are you a guy or a girl? 'Cause if you're a guy like your avatar suggests then you're getting way too into this hair removal thing <_<
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 11:20:28  
Blazza said:
Kajidourden said:
Gaea said:

Okay seriously, are you a guy or a girl? 'Cause if you're a guy like your avatar suggests then you're getting way too into this hair removal thing <_<

Or maybe you're just bored and trying to make me care what you think? :P

Useless knowledge ftw!
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-04-30 11:37:25  
Rowland said:
Kajidourden said:
Kiriyu said:
Rowland said:
Kajidourden said:
Kiriyu said:

Just for that im viewing yours at least 10x XD

I went from not being on the list at all, to like top 4th
Well that's what happened when Doggy made his 3k post topic :<

Haseyo said:
How about well-off and cute? :x
Lol ^ This mebbe?
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-30 11:44:36  
I <3 natural beauty. @.@;;

Nothing sexier than waking up beside a woman who has sleepy eyes and hair all over the place.
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-30 12:01:21  
Zekky said:

Nothing sexier than waking up beside a woman who has sleepy eyes and hair all over the place.

That has nothing to do with beauty and everything to do with you got some *** a few hours before.

And just saying I'm pretty sure that any guy who says no make with either 1) gay 2) trying to score points 3) Is really desperate/lonely or 4) hasn't seen a girl w/o make up since grade school.
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-30 12:08:48  
Icon said:
Zekky said:

That has nothing to do with beauty and everything to do with you got some *** a few hours before.

And just saying I'm pretty sure that any guy who says no make with either 1) gay 2) trying to score points 3) Is really desperate/lonely or 4) hasn't seen a girl w/o make up since grade
school.

Or 5) There are guys who aren't shallow as puddles like yourself and can actually find a woman to be beautiful with or without make up.

I've never had to score points by telling a girl she looked pretty without make up. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-30 12:10:24  
Zekky said:
Icon said:
Zekky said:

And just saying I'm pretty sure that any guy who says no make with either 1) gay 2) trying to score points 3) Is really desperate/lonely or 4) hasn't seen a girl w/o make up since grade
school.

Or 5) There are guys who aren't shallow as puddles like yourself and can actually find a woman to be beautiful with or without make up.

I've never had to score points by telling a girl she looked pretty without make up. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So 4
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-30 12:10:28  
>_>; My fiance constantly says what Zekky said when he wakes up beside me, and it's always on the mornings were we just went straight to sleep the previous night. :P

It has nothing to do with getting some, more of a feeling of being in love with a person for what they truly are.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 29 30 31