Dagger Recommendations

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dagger recommendations
Dagger recommendations
By mortontony1 2011-11-19 15:47:16  
Very new to dancer, but I really enjoy it. I'm currently using Azoth and Oynos knife for TP, and working on 2 eva+ kilas, but I wanted to hear some other peoples' recommendations for daggers. I plan on mostly soloing lower tier NMs, mainly for seals.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-11-19 15:51:55  
This is an excellent dagger to have:
oynos knife

It beats every dagger if you do not have someone giving you haste.

Haste aside, it also has decent damage/delay.
By mortontony1 2011-11-19 15:54:28  
mortontony1 said: »
currently using Azoth and Oynos knife
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-11-19 15:57:19  
The only thing I've been doing lately with DNC is duoing or trioing for currency in dyna. I'm the only healer and occasionally I go subless. I usually use an evasion Kila with Onyos.

An evasion kila and whatever dagger should be fine for most seal NMs anyways, there aren't many with high accuracy.

Edit: I see you are using an Azoth, I'd recommend at least a Phurba, fairly easy to get just team up with a NIN/BLU/PLD who need the horns. It is a blue drop though.

You can also work on a STR Kila.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-11-19 15:58:17  
currently using Azoth

Agh..
[+]
By mortontony1 2011-11-19 16:02:30  
Oh Phurba looks hot. And what's wrong with Azoth? Acc +4 because dagger skill is super low and eva +4 as well?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-19 16:04:22  
maybe it's the delay and crap damage on it.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-11-19 16:22:18  
How does Coruscanti perform in the hands of a DNC? I've heard that the "severe damage" proc occurs often enough and supposedly stacks with Aftermath from Twashtar (somehow I doubt this rumor though). I can't seem to find any info on how often the severe dmg thing procs, wether or not it can proc on WS or even if its just limited to hits from the hand Coruscanti is equipped on.
By mortontony1 2011-11-19 16:23:45  
Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
How does Coruscanti perform in the hands of a DNC? I've heard that the "severe damage" proc occurs often enough and supposedly stacks with Aftermath from Twashtar (somehow I doubt this rumor though). I can't seem to find any info on how often the severe dmg thing procs, wether or not it can proc on WS or even if its just limited to hits from the hand Coruscanti is equipped on.

Never used it, but it looks badass. I've also heard Rudra's/Twashtar isn't worthwhile for DNC.
 Shiva.Chaosgod
user: chaosgod
By Shiva.Chaosgod 2011-11-19 16:25:42  

Never used it, but it looks badass. I've also heard Rudra's/Twashtar isn't worthwhile for DNC.

Lol really? Very mistaken, Rudra's on DNC can output 3.6k on average and self skill chain of nearly 11k+ skilling darkness

Found this on a Rudra's DMG thread

Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-11-19 17:05:56  
I believe Byrth said that any situation where you couldn't skillchain with Rudra's or take advantage of the aftermath from Twashtar, it was just more efficient to spam Evisceration or Dancing Edge.
 Shiva.Chaosgod
user: chaosgod
By Shiva.Chaosgod 2011-11-19 17:11:38  
I believe Byrth said that any situation where you couldn't skillchain with Rudra's or take advantage of the aftermath from Twashtar, it was just more efficient to spam Evisceration or Dancing Edge.

Yes, when Climacitc Flourish is down, or you want to save your no foot rise for the next time Climacitc flourish is ready to do a better skill-chain its better to Evisceration, Rudra's same for THF is needed to be force crit
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-11-19 17:40:23  

Not sure how Corus add effect could possibly stack with aftermath, considering aftermath only applies to the Twashtar hits.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-11-19 17:40:30  
Oh Phurba looks hot. And what's wrong with Azoth? Acc +4 because dagger skill is super low and eva +4 as well?

Could just come to the ls static tonight and nab one with no effort whatsoever!
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-11-19 18:14:04  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »

Not sure how Corus add effect could possibly stack with aftermath, considering aftermath only applies to the Twashtar hits.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. Only way it could happen is if Coruscanti's severe dmg proc can occur on any hit in an attack round.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-11-19 18:39:53  

Paj, we're starting our run at 8 PM EST; if you can come and hold a pop set that'd be great, but if not can still snag a Phurba once we start killing our Apademaks.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-11-20 10:14:23  
If I am not going to get a Twashtar(90) or a Daka +3, would Coruscanti and STR kila +3 be the two best dagger options for most situations?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-20 10:27:45  
If I am not going to get a Twashtar(90) or a Daka +3, would Coruscanti and STR kila +3 be the two best dagger options for most situations?
Probably.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-19 15:49:42  
question about gear guys. I currently use dusk+1 for tp on my dnc. would Brego Gloves be better for DPS im not too much a math person.

Brego Gloves Rare
[Hands] All Races
DEF:26 STR+5 AGI+5 Accuracy+9 Haste+4%
LV 97 WAR MNK RDM THF DRK BST BRD RNG SAM DRG DNC
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-19 15:51:24  
If you need the accuracy, they are better. In another light, they let you drop accuracy in another place on your set for a different option, perhaps, and return your movement speed to normal.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-19 15:56:50  
Current TP setup on DNC

(and yes i know the earring is on wrong side BLAH!)

Accuracy is really never my concern so much on DNC given Accuracy Bonus3 as a job trait. and I dont really TP with any ACC gear at the current moment...so i dont see where i could possibly drop accuracy to swap the gloves.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-19 16:04:41  
Then Dusk is better by the hair on its chinny-chin-chin.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-19 16:13:20  
Brego is better than Dusk +1 in every way.

5 STR is 1 base damage (at least) and 2-3 Attack. 1 base damage for 1H weapons is a lot. It's better than 6 attack.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-19 16:15:16  
Brego will be better for DNC regardless of hitrate unless fSTR capped, so pretty much everywhere except Abyssea.
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-19 19:21:31  
* Twashtar is the most effective main - hand weapon for several reasons:

* In Dynamis, you'll likely be doing JA procs which means you'll frequently be at 200+ TP before killing a mob. Climactic Rudra's will pretty much one-shot whatever it is you're fighting after it's proc'd, and assuming you're pulling consistently, you benefit from aftermath on whatever your next pull is. If you're fighting the DC+ mobs (which you should be, the drop rates are better and fewer BSTs), this makes it more likely that the mob will be at low HP by the time it's staggered and can be taken out with a single WS.

* In situations where you can't benefit from aftermath and aren't going to be stacking weapon skills, you're better off spamming Exenterator or skillchaining with Reverse Flourish. As such, it's really not a huge detriment to not have Twashtar in something like Dynamis, but if you want to function well in VW I'd say it's required.

*In Voidwatch, where DNC can actually function pretty well if geared/played properly (despite what people want to think), you can start the fight with a 300TP Climactic Rudra's (and do this once per 90 seconds) and the constant aftermath will be a huge asset to your melee DoT. I've seen parses of Qilins where about 10% of his HP was taken off just by me meleeing for the first half of the fight before dying because there wasn't a WHM in my party (13k damage total from regular melee).

*As for Coruscanti, the ODSD effect is currently either 1.) broken and doesn't work at all or 2.) does something else that we can't yet detect.

* Brego is better than Dusk.

* Outside Abyssea, Charis Feather may be beaten out by Thew Bomblet and/or Petastos Bomblet or however it's spelled.