Dancer Should Get What Next? (Speculation)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dancer should get what next? (Speculation)
Dancer should get what next? (Speculation)
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-11-18 08:30:34  
Bahamut.Weasel said: »
Cerberus.Vaness said: »
Leviathan.Dreamx said: »
Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
Leviathan.Dreamx said: »
Its own job class so it can stop stealing ideas from NIN and THF. >.>;
stealing what? triple attack from thf? and what from nin exactly?

alot of things on dnc are really original, if anything dnc is the most stand out-ish job out there at the moment.

yes its a dagger wielder, yes it requires to be meleeing 90% of the time, but i guess giving dnc high evasion or dual wield makes them a cop-off of nin. remember for a time not even nin had dual wield, but hey im not about to fore-go the ability to make use of my other hand in a fight (which dnc is supposed to be ambidextrous anyways) just because ninjas are butt hurt because they cant face logic.

DNC can cap DW way easier than NIN can. DNC also has higher evasion than NIN if I recall correctly. It takes Triple Attack from THF (Which was pretty much originally meant THF only).
Wait what?Are you really considering Ternary flourish as stealing THF triple attack?

....-_- We are here comparing THF who have it as JOB TRAIT (always active) to something that we have once every 3 min for the price of 3 steps...

Also TH says hi.

We should totally get a TH step. TH5 at max daze effect. :D

And then maybe, just maybe, THFs would have a right to moan and complain.

So because THF have TH(a trait SE seem to be doing their hardest to make irrelevant in new content) they shouldn't complain about dnc being able to do everything they can, just better, while you all sit there and say, but you have TH.
 Leviathan.Blevien
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Blev
By Leviathan.Blevien 2011-11-18 08:38:57  
Kalima said: »
Lets see..
Stole double attack, provoke, defender from war
Assassin's charge, daggers, evasion from thf
Self scing and meditate from sam
Dw from nin
Stun from blm
Healing from whm
Gravity from rdm
...and so on and so forth

Im sure you all can derive my point from here lol

most DNC don't bother with sabre dance because it takes away from fan dance, closed position and NFR. the voke effect from animated flourish is weak as hell and pretty much never gets used. also, you forgot to say BST stole voke first since charm works as voke when mob can't be charmed.
Ternary flourish is fail and COR also has B+ in dagger skill. SAM and MNK have same amount of evasion as DNC at 95.
BLU stole solo SC from SAM first, stop crying.
BLU WAR and THF also get DW without NIN sub, point is moot.
violent flourish stun effect is not as powerful as spell stun. also, don't forget lolDRK has stun, don't wanna forget to accuse them of stealing as well.
never seen a whm that needs TP to cure somebody.
i have literally NEVER needed to use desperate flourish and idk why you would care about DNC having it.

most jobs have something another job can do as well. this is not new to the game. stop complaining. i miss anything?
[+]
 Phoenix.Pooman
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-11-18 09:09:10  
Leviathan.Blevien said: »
Lets see..
Dw from nin
Stun from blm
Healing from whm
Gravity from rdm

most DNC don't bother with sabre dance because it takes away from fan dance, closed position and NFR. the voke effect from animated flourish is weak as hell and pretty much never gets used. also, you forgot to say BST stole voke first since charm works as voke when mob can't be charmed.
Ternary flourish is fail and COR also has B+ in dagger skill. SAM and MNK have same amount of evasion as DNC at 95.
violent flourish stun effect is not as powerful as spell stun. also, don't forget lolDRK has stun, don't wanna forget to accuse them of stealing as well.
i have literally NEVER needed to use desperate flourish and idk why you would care about DNC having it.

most jobs have something another job can do as well. this is not new to the game. stop complaining. i miss anything?

If anything, BLUs top DNC in the stealing department. They seriously have everything. But no one says anything about that, because BLUs are loved. They even have triple attack, and it's no on some lol timer that shares a recast with something 50 times better. They'll even have TH. I don't know why Thieves get butthurt. At least you guys get to play the game on the job you like.
By Untouchablevoid 2011-11-18 10:03:06  
Lets see.. Stole double attack, provoke, defender from war Assassin's charge, daggers, evasion from thf Self scing and meditate from sam Dw from nin Stun from blm Healing from whm Gravity from rdm ...and so on and so forth Im sure you all can derive my point from here lol
most DNC don't bother with sabre dance because it takes away from fan dance, closed position and NFR. the voke effect from animated flourish is weak as hell and pretty much never gets used. also, you forgot to say BST stole voke first since charm works as voke when mob can't be charmed. Ternary flourish is fail and COR also has B+ in dagger skill. SAM and MNK have same amount of evasion as DNC at 95. BLU stole solo SC from SAM first, stop crying. BLU WAR and THF also get DW without NIN sub, point is moot. violent flourish stun effect is not as powerful as spell stun. also, don't forget lolDRK has stun, don't wanna forget to accuse them of stealing as well. never seen a whm that needs TP to cure somebody. i have literally NEVER needed to use desperate flourish and idk why you would care about DNC having it. most jobs have something another job can do as well. this is not new to the game. stop complaining. i miss anything?

The fact that it was sarcasm?

Edit: I'm pretty sure you broke everthing down that Kalima was hoping everyone else would figure out for themselves, instead of continually saying that DNC stole these from other jobs...
[+]
 Sylph.Tibze
サーバ: Sylph
user: Tibz
By Sylph.Tibze 2011-11-18 10:16:33  
Dancer should get a "Thriller" dance that causes zombie status on the mob.

I would totally make Dnc my main job if they did this! ^_^
[+]
By Untouchablevoid 2011-11-18 10:17:09  
^win
By Darkzeru 2011-11-18 10:35:17  
: ; Was hoping for some serious responses but oh well haha

In terms of DNC stealing stuff......

Not like Violent Flourish is in comparison with BLM Stun.....hell alot of times (unless the DNC has a MACC set) VF rarely sticks on some NMs w/o Stutter Step and AF2 Body

Animated Flourish is no where near has the same enmity as WAR's Provoke...

Desperate Flourish.....unless you're proc'n in dyna or VW.....shouldnt be a reason to be using this....and that's evening saying the gravity lands...

Dual Wield? are we forgetting THF has it too? Not to mention BLU can as well...
By Kalima 2011-11-18 12:44:59  
I guess i need to start using trollface.jpg when im being sarcastic these days...

But since some of you missed my point i guess i have to spell it out. Most of everything dnc has is obviously "stolen" from other jobs, therefore there really is no point for any of them to be mad at what we get. At the same time, sam got wild flourish and no one cared, and pretty much everything that we can do (sambas, waltzes etc.) can be done with sub dnc yet we dont really rage about that either....
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-11-18 12:49:41  
Phoenix.Pooman said: »
Lets see..
Dw from nin
Stun from blm
Healing from whm
Gravity from rdm

If anything, BLUs top DNC in the stealing department. They seriously have everything. But no one says anything about that, because BLUs are loved. They even have triple attack, and it's no on some lol timer that shares a recast with something 50 times better. They'll even have TH. I don't know why Thieves get butthurt. At least you guys get to play the game on the job you like.

BLU is the best :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-11-18 16:57:36  
Lets see..
Dw from nin
Stun from blm
Healing from whm
Gravity from rdm

lolwut?
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-11-18 23:30:33  

most DNC don't bother with sabre dance because it takes away from fan dance, closed position and NFR. the voke effect from animated flourish is weak as hell and pretty much never gets used.
O.O wow I've never seen so much wrong in 1 sentences.Do us DNCs a favor and go read DNC forums a bit, and no I don't mean officials forums.Then come back and reread what you said.

Quote:
Ternary flourish is fail
Okay let's make this clear, ternary flourish isn't fail, it just have a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE recast time compared to striking flourish.Wich makes striking more efficient with EVISCERATION.You should be using Climatic if you had rudra's but looking up your profile and your thf told me you still have a long way to go.

Quote:
COR also has B+ in dagger skill.

Yeah okay, but Cors will never as much as a DNC or a THF would with an Dagger ws, lets make this clear now.If you are spamming Evisceration as cors then you are doing it wrong.

Quote:
SAM and MNK have same amount of evasion as DNC at 95.
It's indeed right,naked, but you don't really wanna rock evasion gears as MNK or SAM.And there is a plus that dnc have, we can make 2x evasion dagger w/o really gimping our dmg.I dare to see a sam doing an evasion GKT...really

Quote:
Since when war have dual wield trait w/o using sub nin thf or dnc?

Quote:
violent flourish stun effect is not as powerful as spell stun.
Excuse me?Using magic acc gear and the correct step pretty much makes it 100%, once aggain read forums.

Quote:
Your point....?

Quote:
Most jobs have something another job can do as well. this is not new to the game. stop complaining. i miss anything?
You almost got me there...
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-11-18 23:33:19  
dancer should get another frilly outfit
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-11-18 23:36:00  
I demand maracas and tambourines!
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-11-18 23:37:08  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
wouldnt that make us kinda bards?
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-11-18 23:39:20  
[+] sombrero too~
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-11-18 23:40:16  
wouldnt that make us kinda bards?
You're all not good enough.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-18 23:41:40  
DNC has heals, what the *** DNC, why are you stealing from WHM? Those heals could have been Cure V for RDM and SCH. Pilfering spongemonkeys
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-11-19 00:01:27  
I also want this entire sequence as a job emote! Come on SE!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-19 00:03:26  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
DNC has heals, what the *** DNC, why are you stealing from WHM? Those heals could have been Cure V for RDM and SCH. Pilfering spongemonkeys
funny story, dnc has cure 6
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-11-19 00:30:01  
Lets see..
Dw from nin
Stun from blm
Healing from whm
Gravity from rdm

Lol@DNC not using Saber Dance. I wouldn't want to use Saber Dance and lose my ability to use Closed Position? The ***?

Oh I get it, you cleaved DNC to 95 and never played it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-11-19 01:39:43  
Lets see..
Dw from nin
Stun from blm
Healing from whm
Gravity from rdm

most DNC don't bother with sabre dance because it takes away from fan dance,
-.-
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-11-19 01:55:59  
For a long time I never used saber dance (I always had a point in it, just never really used it) as I am an overparanoid type when it comes to soloing anything and usually have apoc on, never really hurtin' for TP. I tend to keep Fan Dance up and always keep myself within 100HP of max. The only time I really used saber was when I was doing magian trials. I still only use it when I am goofing around and if I ever got back into FFXI I would probably trash it for a CP or some more time off Fan Dance, but that is just how I play.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-11-19 02:07:49  
I'm the exact opposite, I try to squeeze out Saber Dance whenever I can. I generally almost never use Fan Dance (I had 5/5 in it for a long time) since there are very few mobs I found it greatly useful on. On the other hand, Saber Dance is almost always useful and if you're fighting anything relatively hard, you probably have a WHM anyways to cure. Swapping -pdt/-mdt/eva sets to mitigate damage to ensure you don't take as much damage while using SD helps a lot too if your WHM is feeling overwhelmed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-11-19 02:14:42  
Yeah I definitely see the benefits of using saber dance, I was just starting to use it more often when I stepped away from the game. I was using it a lot during voidwatch as well to get in a few extra hits for TP to trying and get more dagger ws in when it was called for procs, definitely helps get those out faster. That's the great thing I think about having both stances available to us to throw up and even to self-cancel, is that we can be a little more versatile unlike some games where you would have to pick a style and stick with it. Both stances have their uses and even just keeping 1 merit point in them will at least give you the option to use it. Having 0/5 in either one I think is just seriously shooting yourself in the foot the more I think about it, I take back what I said earlier about trashing it if I come back to the game ^^;;
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-11-19 17:36:09  
Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said: »
I'm the exact opposite, I try to squeeze out Saber Dance whenever I can. I generally almost never use Fan Dance (I had 5/5 in it for a long time) since there are very few mobs I found it greatly useful on. On the other hand, Saber Dance is almost always useful and if you're fighting anything relatively hard, you probably have a WHM anyways to cure. Swapping -pdt/-mdt/eva sets to mitigate damage to ensure you don't take as much damage while using SD helps a lot too if your WHM is feeling overwhelmed.

This. Assuming you're well geared, which included a 26% MDT- set, you can pretty much keep Saber Dance up full time if you're in a party with a WHM. There's nothing stopping you from canceling it if you need to start curing.

Now everyone says, "but Yuriki, what's the point of DNC if you can't cure?!" A lot of jobs can cure, but when you have someone dedicated to it, why bother gimping your DPS? DNC has great cures and they are quite useful in many situations but with a WHM there isn't much need to cure.

I can think of plenty of situations where I take off Saber Dance. One in particular is when the mob does an AoE that not only deals big dmg but also silences you, or when the mob can use two heavy AoE moves in a row.

Being smart is a part of playing DNC. Shituational, yep.

And I'll be damned if I use Fan Dance much anymore, even tanking in VWNM.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Brolli 2011-11-19 17:50:41  
ability that reduces the cost of sambas and waltes
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-11-19 18:09:01  
Quote:
COR also has B+ in dagger skill.

Yeah okay, but Cors will never as much as a DNC or a THF would with an Dagger ws, lets make this clear now.If you are spamming Evisceration as cors then you are doing it wrong.

If you're in Abyssea fighting magic/fire resist or absorb mobs, there's no way you can do better dmg than Evisceration spam with other WS because slug shot is weak in abby. However DNC and THF still has access to better melee gears/job trait though, they are much better dagger melee jobs.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-19 18:36:59  
Brolli said: »
ability that reduces the cost of sambas and waltes
as if tp gain is a problem
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-11-19 19:01:45