Pets And PC Treasure Hunter.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Pets and PC Treasure hunter.
Pets and PC Treasure hunter.
First Page 2
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-10-29 04:07:16  
I cant find the thread. Wasn't it the general consensus that as a PUP/BST/SMN /THF you have to hit the mob personally to get treasure hunter on the mob and that the pet hitting the monster does NOT proc TH on the mob.

Is this correct? I cannot find that thread for the life of me. My friend calls bs lol
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-29 04:14:40  
Is this a serious question? Your pets don't get JTs that you posses... Dipper Yuly has TH, there is a TH atma...but no, the pets you have don't inherit your JTs, so they wouldn't have it at all... Go smn/war and see if your pet double attacks a lot..... You can't be serious lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-29 04:16:23  
You have to hit the mob personally. Pets have their own TH rating, or lack-there-of.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-29 04:16:32  
^Because the base level of TH has ever required physical contact with the enemy, right?

No, you don't need to hit it yourself.

Edit: Are all of you serious? Where were you before Neo-Dynamis days when thieves were /BLM to TH multiple targets at once?
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-29 04:18:15  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
^Because the base level of TH has ever required physical contact with the enemy, right?

No, you don't need to hit it yourself.

Edit: Are all of you serious? Where were you before Neo-Dynamis days when thieves were /BLM to TH multiple targets at once?

Are YOU serious.... he's talking about in regards to having your pets proc the TH....
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-29 04:19:04  
I think the question was more oriented towards the pet possessing TH. Hopefully he knows it doesn't take an actual hit to activate TH
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-29 04:19:27  
Spoilers: you must be on the hate list to sic your pet on an enemy

SpoilersV2: putting yourself on the hate list activates whatever level of TH you have
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-29 04:20:15  

SpoilersV2: putting yourself on the hate list activates whatever level of TH you have

By this logic, you have to do an action before you can use sic...which is wrong....

Edit: assault/attack/sic/deploy put you ON the hate list..you don't have to be on it prior to using said abilities...
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-29 04:20:45  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
I think the question was more oriented towards the pet possessing TH. Hopefully he knows it doesn't take an actual hit to activate TH

Except that's not at all what he asked. He very clearly asked if HE needed to hit something to trigger his TH trait, or if his pet's attack was sufficient.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-29 04:21:27  
To put TH on something, you must make an action on the mob. You can't just be on the hate list.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-29 04:21:48  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

By this logic, you have to do an action before you can use sic...which is wrong....

Jesus Christ. Go out on BST, or SMN, or PUP, and make your pet attack an enemy. Dismiss your pet. You're now being engaged by your enemy because you're on the hate list.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-29 04:22:35  

Jesus Christ. Go out on BST, or SMN, or PUP, and make your pet attack an enemy. Dismiss your pet. You're now being engaged by your enemy because you're on the hate list.
this is so not the case, ever

any time you get a link on BST can just dismiss and they wont know you exist
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-29 04:22:43  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
To put TH on something, you must make an action on the mob. You can't just be on the hate list.

Which includes indirect interaction through pets. You don't need to perform a single direct action.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-29 04:24:14  

k, except no.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-29 04:24:20  

Deactivate nuking on pup says HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-29 04:24:42  
If Fight puts you on the hate list, then by what means does Leave drop it?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-29 04:25:39  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Which includes indirect interaction through pets. You don't need to perform a single direct action.
I don't know how TH from BST/THF or THF/BST works via pets, but I can tell you right now you won't put TH on something THF/WHM just spamming cures or aggroing something. Only makes sense to take an action on the mob yourself, or in regards to DipperYuly, Yuly does.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-29 04:25:47  

Sorry. PUP is the single exception to that rule. Feel free to acknowledge the validity in regard to the other 66% of my example.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-29 04:26:39  
For a 90 BST, you're pretty noob.
 Shiva.Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-10-29 04:26:55  
Allow me to clarify the question - AND THIS IS NOT MY QUESTION BUT A FRIENDS QUESTION IM HAVING A DEBATE WITH

SMN/THF with TH2 does NOT hit the mob but puts shiva on the mob. As far as I am aware the monster will NOT get TH on it unless the SMN does an action directly on the monster like dia for example.

(he doesnt believe me >.>)
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-29 04:27:10  

k, except no.
you can fight/dismiss all day on bst and never take hate
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-29 04:27:30  

Sorry. PUP is the single exception to that rule. Feel free to acknowledge the validity in regard to the other 66% of my example.

Wrong is still wrong, and the fact you used "Jesus Christ.", to start your post, made you seem ungodly condescending, and talking to us like we're all morons.... Yet infact, I gave a perfect example in which you were wrong...
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-29 04:27:39  
Shiva.Xellith said: »
Allow me to clarify the question.

SMN/THF with TH2 does NOT hit the mob but puts shiva on the mob. As far as I am aware the monster will NOT get TH on it unless the SMN does an action directly on the monster like dia for example.
Can't Dia as SMN/THF.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-10-29 04:29:18  
w/e you know the deal. sigh
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-29 04:35:56  

k, except no.
you can fight/dismiss all day on bst and never take hate

The 30 seconds I've been in Qufim says otherwise, but alright.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-29 04:37:13  
i do it errday kk
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-29 04:44:09  
i do it errday kk

I think you're referring to doing it with Jug Pets, no? Would work under the same principle as my Automaton. I'm no bst, but the logic is there for it to work with jugs, since you can't actually make a beast in the wild flat out dissapear (despawn principles aside, they didn't used to always despawn, so I don't think SE technically changed their mechanics...back in the day if you dismissed a pet you charmed, if it was high enough it would attack after a second or two if I'm not mistaken)
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-29 04:45:46  
well basically any time you get a link, even if you use an action like an aoe pet ws that should under that theory initiate hate, you can hit leave and walk away
edit: yes its links but just saying there are other instances where you can force pet to do damage and get off hateless
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-29 04:49:49  
When did we start talking about the SMN-pulling concept? That's an example of your pet performing an action causing indirect hate, which is entirely different than you performing an action that causes indirect hate.

Use Fight on Target A -> Use Leave on your pet -> Target A is now attacking you

Feel free to come watch me do it, Skadoosh. Charmed pets or jug pets, it doesn't matter. You end up with hate.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-29 04:51:33  
the discussion has evolved in a weird way but it was originally another reason that this is not true

also i did say in my second post that this was regarding links so maybe its just a matter of semantics
First Page 2