言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Cure Potency
Cure Potency
First Page 2
By Stoodle 2011-10-12 10:55:20  
I'm trying to maximize the amount I can Cure given the fact that I may never see Cure V, and I was looking at the Cure Potency gear, trying to max it out as best as possible for a RDM. Here's the set I came up with:

And then I was thinking fill in the rest with MND and/or Fast Cast.

(I know that the Fylgja Torque has a +1 version, but I'm not sure I care to spend 2mil on a 1% increase. And yes I know the Roundel Earring ain't cheap either, but it's in a different slot and a 5% increase)

I just found out the Oretania's cape and the torque even exist yesterday and today, respectively, so I'm wondering if there are any other options out there given new additions. Thanks for any advice you could give!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 10:59:10  
nefer kalasiris
nefer kalasiris +1
Heka's kalasiris
[+]
 Fenrir.Lacy
user: Lacyanne
By Fenrir.Lacy 2011-10-12 11:03:05  
I use zenith pumps +1 (4%) and auger's gloves (4%) instead of the serpentes set. Not sure what the nq zenith pumps give on cure potency though, but i would assume at least 2% which would be higher than the 5 given from the serpentes set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-10-12 11:14:40  
Assuming you cap without it via either augmented gear + body, I would use Emp+2 feet over Zenith.

Surya's +3 Staff + Roundel + Cape + Heka's is capped, or Staff + Roundel + Cape + Augur's + HQ Body + Fylgja torque is capped. Either way would require no augmented gear at all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 11:30:01  
Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
Assuming you cap without it via either augmented gear + body, I would use Emp+2 feet over Zenith.

Surya's +3 Staff + Roundel + Cape + Heka's is capped, or Staff + Roundel + Cape + Augur's + HQ Body + Fylgja torque is capped. Either way would require no augmented gear at all.
Augur's + Estoqueur's vs Serpentes set is a whopping 6 HP difference at capped curepot, I'd ditch Augur's for inv+1 and a tic of refresh/regen tbh.
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-12 11:39:26  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
As a whm I'm appalled SE did this to cure potency and jealous. But as a player it's good to see rdm cure iv moving up to match our higher hp now

you're right it doesn't look good for rdm cure 5 at this pace

BRD has been able to hit 50% cure potency since the 85 update too.

Probably sooner tbh.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-12 12:11:42  
Might also look in to balancing some enm- in there where you can and even have a set for enm- in any event where hate is critical. In this case, auger's + empy boots have an advantage with the -7. Pythia sash is also a nice option.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 12:14:03  
Carbuncle.Huttburt said: »
As a whm I'm appalled SE did this to cure potency and jealous. But as a player it's good to see rdm cure iv moving up to match our higher hp now

Probably sooner tbh.
How? I only see 36% tops at 85, or 35% with 22 MND via Augur's + Suzaku's.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-12 12:17:52  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Probably sooner tbh.
Surya (20)
Serpentes (5)
'totto pants (5)
Selenian cap (3)
Roundel (5)
Fylgias,jdgfalsdgf Torque +1 (3)
40% there but still, I'm more than likely leaving out something
edit: 41%, selenian was 3% not 2% ;x
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 12:19:58  
BRD can't wear Roundel.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-12 12:23:58  
Oho, so it can't
I get my brd and smn cure potency+ items confused, my apologies
Was almost tempted to post facio bliault until I unherped
It seems unherping is a gradual process though
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-12 12:27:37  
If sky augments were released around 85 cap then augmented zenith feet +1 could bump them up to 39%
I think it was released early-mid 90 cap though

Honest to god though, smn and brd cure potency sets are scarily similar in a lot of ways
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
user: huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-12 13:20:27  

Probably sooner tbh.

My bad, I meant to say 90.
 Sylph.Ballzack
サーバ: Sylph
user: Achelies
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-10-12 13:36:06  

What you guys think of this? Zenith has CP+4%
By Drjones 2011-10-12 13:42:50  
pants, waist and ammo slot confuse me. Other than that it looks fine.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 13:47:00  
I see a lot of mixed priorities rather than cohesive focus. Blood Cuisses should be Morrigan's Slops if you're going for MND, Witch Sash is junk and should be replaced with Cascade + Cognition Belts, ammo only needs to be precasted (though tbh I wouldn't, you'd end up spending MP inefficiently when it procs) and can thus be swapped for Aqua Sachet or Leisure Musk, and you don't actually need the Fylgja +1 with that set, you're at 53%. Non-curepot slots should focus on MND or -enm rather than trying to get a mix of both (primarily looking at grip, though there's a MND+3 enm-3 grip which is best MND and second best -enm).
 Sylph.Ballzack
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-10-12 13:48:52  
I used a Cure Calc dont know how accurate it was but the Mnd didnt really add alot of hp(I guess every little bit helps but meh) So I just sorta left some of my idle set in there

And how I went over w/ the Torque I have no clue guess I was in a hurry or didnt update it but I guess I'll swap over to the mnd+ and deal with lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 13:53:07  
Sylph.Ballzack said: »
I used a Cure Calc dont know how accurate it was but the Mnd didnt really add alot of hp(I guess every little bit helps but meh) So I just sorta left some of my idle set in there
Cure4 hits soft cap pretty early. Rather than leaving random gear in, I'd suggest creating a functional focus in your set beyond merely capping curepot. I'll make some sets to demonstrate my point.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 14:27:02  

Potentially worth considering for "serious" content where you don't want to accidentally take hate. Cure IV generates quite a bit of hate since it doesn't have the static enmity properties of Cure V/VI - even with this set and Tranquil Heart III you're looking at ~1k VE per cure. In Abyssea/Voidwatch (if using Devotion), you can drop the rings for Aquasouls and still hit enm-50.

Full MND is an option if you've gone all-out on your Slow/Para sets:

But as you noted, it won't cure for much more. Using my own stats (Hume RDM/SCH in Light Arts), the 40 MND I gain here only added 14 HP. With the aforementioned atma(cite) it would be even less since the difference would only be 26 MND. Could use the MND+12 hat and gain 1 more HP if I really wanted to!

That said, it's basically gear you'd already be carrying unless you weren't inclined to splurge on the MND earring or didn't have space for the ammo, so no inventory lost. The other alternatives I see are haste (if you need to cure multiple people very quickly - Zelus, Phasmida/Speed/Velo/Ninurta's, Calmecac, Dusk Ledelsens +1 for 22% haste + Loq or AF3 earring for some Fast Cast) or Conserve MP (could save ~10% MP/cast with a full build, more MP to spend elsewhere).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Naokoyume
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Naokoyume
By Lakshmi.Naokoyume 2011-10-12 14:33:00  

Doing any cures or buffs in crimson gear is a terrible idea. You can get intimidated by some players. It's extremely annoying. Anyway, if you don't care about mnd, then get something with -enm in there. Or go pantsless. Anything but crimson.

Anyway, as of right now, this is my current cureset without a kalasiris (also twilight/obi, and sometimes different -enm swaps):

Which I've been pretty happy with for a long time. I'm relieved I won't have to augment zenith shoes, though. Seeing as how I'll never join a voidwatch group and never obtain a Heka's, Nefer +1/+2 is my best bet. Currently, the people on my server are attempting to sell the NQ for 10mil. Yeah, that's not happening. I've watched them get returned repeatedly for the past couple of weeks. So funny. If that's seriously what they want, I'll just make my own.

Anyway, with an NQ kalasiris, I can drop the cap/tatsu for more mind/-enm, and I'm looking at ruach crown for the head. What has the most mind on the legs these days? The best I have at the moment is augur's since I never got most of the morry set. I haven't yet searched the new gear for better mnd legs.

I mean no offense, but as someone with pretty much all of the healing jobs leveled (unless you count pup, I guess), I'm kind of getting tired of hearing stuff like this. a 50% curepot cure 4 will never compare to a whm with 5/6, cureskin, sacrifice, and the like. Whm is pretty great now, and I do love playing it when I can do neat things like sac zombie. We just can't compare, so give us a break. Even so, I still hear whms on the official forums going, "we got addle, now give us phalanx!" Sigh. Until rdm or sch actually gets access to something that brings us anywhere close to your curing power, try to be content with what you have, eh? (Edit - that's not to say that I'm calling you out for being particularly whiny, because you're not - I just wanted to rant because it seems like whms will never be content.)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 14:37:12  
Lakshmi.Naokoyume said: »
Doing any cures or buffs in crimson gear is a terrible idea.
I'm honestly not sure how I forgot to mention this, we had a guy in one of my old shells who fulltimed his wlegs (among other things...) and it was absolutely rage-inducing because it frequently resulted in our Gungnir DRG eating dirt. So yeah, please don't.
[+]
 Sylph.Ballzack
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-10-12 14:48:46  
I like your sets Night the -Enm I will never have. I dont have enough inventory space for all that stuff. Im thinking about giving up one of my jobs ~.~ but I like em all lol
 Cerberus.Yannie
サーバ: Cerberus
user: TheYannie
By Cerberus.Yannie 2011-10-12 14:53:24  
With how potent a whm cure is these days, I feel like rdm should only be focused on getting that cure IV off as fast as possible and not pulling hate from it.

Feel like this is the ideal set

Genbu Shield: Cure Potency +5% Cure spellcast time- 8%
Z.Feet+1: Cure Potency +4% Cure spellcast time-7%

That set is at capped potency and cure spellcast time -30% plus fast cast.
The af1 hat is more for precast, I would personally end the spell in zelus tiara for shortened recast timer.
To me that's the most ideal set. I'd rather get the spell off faster, having just cure IV, than add 10-15HP more per cure.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 14:57:35  
I like your sets Night the -Enm I will never have. I dont have enough inventory space for all that stuff. Im thinking about giving up one of my jobs ~.~ but I like em all lol
Pretty sure I don't either lol. I decided to get my RDM to 95 a couple weeks ago (haven't played it in months but kept up with some basic gear), pulled out my gear... immediately found myself satcheling items. -.-; I don't know why I keep doing this to myself, every job I play my inventory ends up overflowing.

That's why I mentioned just using Serpentes earlier - I'll probably use Nefer (+1)/Serpentes/Oretenia's/Roundel/Fylgja +1 for curepot (Heka droprate can kiss my ***, if I get lucky then yay I guess) and sort out what gear I can build around that based on my inventory space/what I end up using RDM for, if anything.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-12 15:00:57  
wouldnt Hyksos Khat nq/hq be better? for the enmity, mnd and healing magic skill?

EDIT:
Kin37ix said: »
ifference between witch and cascade will be even less than 6hp, and witch is inv+3, being a solid piece for int/mnd/nuke/macc sets.
Also witch sash is a piece of junk. Sell it while u can.

Nuking pierce for rdm
Oneiros Sash or Obis (if u sub sch)

Healing Piece
Either an enmity down or cascade

Enfeebling piece.
just use cascade. full mind usually works with no macc atmacites on most VWNM.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 15:11:11  
Kin37ix said: »
Witch Sash is junk and should be replaced with Cascade + Cognition Belts
Augur's + Estoqueur's vs Serpentes set is a whopping 6 HP difference at capped curepot, I'd ditch Augur's for inv+1

The difference between witch and cascade will be even less than 6hp, and witch is inv+3, being a solid piece for int/mnd/nuke/macc sets.

You have a lot of knowledge about this game but you say some pretty stupid ***sometimes.
Cascade is a functional upgrade for your full MND (saves you curing over time) and enhancing skill sets (new enhancing belt is from the upcoming Promyvion BCNMs), Cognition is a functional upgrade to your nuking set, Augur's isn't worth keeping around for anything except curepot. If you're around a WHM, you'll frequently overcure whereas your enfeebles will still land for full potency and your Phalanx II (if merited) is only challenged by a Scholar's Accession-Phalanx, which requires both burning a stratagem and getting into AoE range.

EDIT: Actually, if solo you're probably absorbing damage via Phalanx + Stoneskin or relying on Regen to recover as much HP as possible for MP efficiency so the overcuring point holds there as well.
 Lakshmi.Naokoyume
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Naokoyume
By Lakshmi.Naokoyume 2011-10-12 15:31:13  
Cerberus.Yannie said: »
With how potent a whm cure is these days, I feel like rdm should only be focused on getting that cure IV off as fast as possible and not pulling hate from it.

Feel like this is the ideal set

Genbu Shield: Cure Potency +5% Cure spellcast time- 8%
Z.Feet+1: Cure Potency +4% Cure spellcast time-7%

That set is at capped potency and cure spellcast time -30% plus fast cast.
The af1 hat is more for precast, I would personally end the spell in zelus tiara for shortened recast timer.
To me that's the most ideal set. I'd rather get the spell off faster, having just cure IV, than add 10-15HP more per cure.

This is a good idea, and I've swapped pieces around in a pinch for things like this before, but it is kind of situational. My cures go off pretty fast with a precast set, and if I'm on rdm, my friend is usually on brd. I just get marches from him (ballad on rdm? NOPE), and my cure 4 is up approximately when the animation would let me cast anyway. Unfortunately I haven't had a situation like this since I finished whm. Sad. ; ; I only really get to use rdm in nyzul, salvage, and solo anymore, and the only thing that would've even come close to needing super fast cures was certain salvage bosses, trioing with rdm war mnk.

God I miss playing rdm. Ugh.
First Page 2