It Is Indeed Pullups And Not Number Of Fishes

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » it is indeed pullups and not number of fishes
it is indeed pullups and not number of fishes
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-10-12 04:33:28  
had an debate/argumetn about if the 200 cap was based on fish or pull ups

i can hereby confirm it is pull ups

i pulled up 17 times to get 34 yellow globes
and was afterwards still able to pull up 183 black soles

also epic/legendary fish counts for more than 1 as im only able to pull up 49 armored pisces (without getting a single skill-up and I'm at 99.7-99.9 Q.Q)
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-10-12 04:43:41  
lvl100+ fish don't count for more iirc..there's a screenshot of someone doing like 190 something hakuryu in one day.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-10-12 05:09:43  
Legendary fish do not count for more than 1.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-10-12 12:00:12  
i cant get anymore up than 50 armoured pisces.

i can't even get blacksole up after that

could it be ebisu increase cap ?

ima sitll doing armorued pisces so ima do them again today
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-12 15:50:25  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
i cant get anymore up than 50 armoured pisces.

i can't even get blacksole up after that

could it be ebisu increase cap ?

ima sitll doing armorued pisces so ima do them again today
Well, I'm not sure why your having trouble with getting more than 50 fish.

It is 200 fish any fish. Now on fish that you can pull up 1-3 then it may be in fact pullups. They all have their own individual id's, 1, 2, and 3 have different id's, so it may be true. I don't care to test this because it doesn't matter past level 50 or 60, but it could be true.

And yes, ebisu does increase the cap. I believe its 5% or something, not sure because I haven't hit cap in years and would prefer not to waste a day finding out when I could spend that time making 300-500k fishing normally.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-10-13 03:18:16  
same again 50 armored pisces and then 200 no catches

it was the same on my other char also when trying to get from 99 to 100 Takitaro and armored pisces. never able to get near 200 fish on those with a lu-shang

so i'm still thinking ebisu increases cap on normal fish with 5% but alot more on the legendary fish and that with lu -shang its simply cap'ed at 50 (or rather they counts as 4 or w/e)

ima go try do blacksole now and se if it still no cathes 200 in a row

unless someone can actually prove it wrong (with a lu-shang and not an ebisu) this should be considered right

and Q.Q still not a single skillups that 2 days of fishing armored pisces with not a single skillup...
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-10-13 03:27:44  
just feeding smo more info

i got the 50 armored pisces in 240 cast's with the lines
and afte that it was 200 cast with only getting "yuo didnt cath anything"
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-13 03:29:43  
It's fish, not pull ups.

Otherwise it would be nearly impossible to fish 200 fish a day, and I do that nearly every day.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-10-13 07:16:06  
Carbuncle.Huttburt said: »
It's fish, not pull ups.

Otherwise it would be nearly impossible to fish 200 fish a day, and I do that nearly every day.

huh that make no sense at all.
did you read anything beside the title ?

if its pull-up's or fish would no Decrease the numbers of fish below 200. but would increase it as you can catch more than one fish in one pull-up. you can't pull up a fraction of a fish

you argument hold no logic.

or to show it

i pulled up 200 times but i got 217 fish
so its not cap on fish otherwise i wouldn't no be able to get 217 fish

i think you are confusing casting the line with a pull-up

pull-up= you pull something up of the water

so you can pullup fish/tiems 200 times a days
if you happend to pull up 2-3 fish at once it still only counts as one towards the 200 cap.

except legandary fish with a lushang. those counts as 4 (testing still pending to confirm those but noone could prove otherwise)
 Lakshmi.Xstatic
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Leonien
By Lakshmi.Xstatic 2011-10-13 07:34:30  
i was able to fish 150 armored pieces in one session
And im pretty sure it is fish caught in my previous experience
As i have fished to the cap of 200 before and i have for sure let fish go in that session.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-10-13 07:42:02  
Lakshmi.Xstatic said: »
i was able to fish 150 armored pieces in one session
And im pretty sure it is fish caught in my previous experience
As i have fished to the cap of 200 before and i have for sure let fish go in that session.

with what rod ?

and no its not fish caught. otherwise it would be impossible for me to fish above 200 when going for yellow globe.

and if you let a fish go its NOT a pullup as you don't pull-up anything
do ppl not read what they are commenting on?

pull-up is not bite's from a fish. its not casting the line
its PULLING something UP from the water (besides the line and bait)
 Fenrir.Uzugami
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-10-13 07:48:50  
I'm confused. Unless you have an Ebisu, you can't fish above 200 anyway. Pretty sure Yellow Globex3 still counts as 1 fish.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-10-13 07:51:00  
Can we stop using the word 'pull-up'? It makes it sound like we're acquiring diapers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-10-13 07:52:16  
Fenrir.Uzugami said: »
I'm confused. Unless you have an Ebisu, you can't fish above 200 anyway. Pretty sure Yellow Globex3 still counts as 1 fish.

You can't fish above 200 even WITH an Ebisu, and yes, if you pull up 3x Yellow Globes at once, it counts as one fish.

As far as the problem you're having with armored pisces, it could either be really bad luck, or if you're using a fish bot and kill hacking, it has been known to sometimes drastically decrease the amount of fish you can catch in one day depending on the fish you're kill hacking, the reason for this is still unknown.
By Nevill 2011-10-13 07:55:59  
Leviathan.Jekyll said: »

You can't fish above 200 even WITH an Ebisu, and yes, if you pull up 3x Yellow Globes at once, it counts as one fish.

As far as the problem you're having with armored pisces, it could either be really bad luck, or if you're using a fish bot and kill hacking, it has been known to sometimes drastically decrease the amount of fish you can catch in one day depending on the fish you're kill hacking, the reason for this is still unknown.

Yes you can. You can catch 5% more fish with an ebisu, bringing the total to 210.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-10-13 07:58:15  
if 3 yellow globes only counts as one then you can INDEED fish up to 600 yellow globes which is more than 200 fish

ergo why im saying its not numbers of fish
but the times you pull something up of the water ( as rusted subliga etc etc also counts as one)

its not that hard to understand really guys.

*whistles*
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-10-13 08:00:06  
if 3 yellow globes only counts as one then you can INDEED fish up to 600 yellow globes which is more than 200 fish

but the times you pull something up of the water

Just because the fish adds up to 600 (if you only caught x3 globes.) Doesn't mean it's not registered as 1.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-10-13 08:05:15  
You can't fish above 200 even WITH an Ebisu, and yes, if you pull up 3x Yellow Globes at once, it counts as one fish. As far as the problem you're having with armored pisces, it could either be really bad luck, or if you're using a fish bot and kill hacking, it has been known to sometimes drastically decrease the amount of fish you can catch in one day depending on the fish you're kill hacking, the reason for this is still unknown.
*whistles*

Well then :3

You shouldn't have to killhack armored pisces at all, the only fish you would ever really *need* to, and only if you're lazy and don't have the rings to extend time, are Gugrusaurus, even then I wouldn't recommend ever using this feature.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-10-13 08:17:48  

Just because the fish adds up to 600 (if you only caught x3 globes.) Doesn't mean it's not registered as 1.

exactly my point

that why its wrong to says it 200 fish when its not a cap on 200 fish but on pull-ups

we are not disagreeing on how and when with hte numbers. but just that calling the cap 200 fish is wrong, as its tecnhically 200 pull-ups.

its like saying you can cap accuracy which is wrong. you can cap you hitrate vs mobs/nm or you accuracy against them. but you cant cap acc itself (besides counter in the programs has a limit).

im jus tbeeing anal about the right techical details.

well and then it started about whatever3 yellow globes counts as 3 or 1 against the cap. and as wee all agree it only counts as 1
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-10-13 08:24:51  

exactly my point

that why its wrong to says it 200 fish when its not a cap on 200 fish but on pull-ups

we are not disagreeing on how and when with hte numbers. but just that calling the cap 200 fish is wrong, as its tecnhically 200 pull-ups.

its like saying you can cap accuracy which is wrong. you can cap you hitrate vs mobs/nm or you accuracy against them. but you cant cap acc itself.

im jus tbeeing anal about the right techical details.

well and then it started about whatever3 yellow globes counts as 3 or 1 against the cap. and as wee all agree it only counts as 1

No... Capped accuracy is 95%. You can't go to 100% Accuracy, *BECAUSE* the cap is 95%. Capped is capped. You're just using a different definition of it. :|
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-10-13 09:02:37  
*sigh*

no you accuracy is not you % numbers, that would be your hitrate

you are using wrong terms

accuracy is a value in pts.. that is compared against the mob/nm's evasion to get you you hitrate

you are talking about hitrate NOT accuracy.

you are confussing terms with each others. which is exactly what i keep trying to tell you you do

you hitrate is low capped at 20% and high capped at 95% but youy accuracy is not you can still have more accuracy but the hitrate form comparing you accuracy against mob/nm evasion is cap'ed

lvl90 having 400 accuracy give you 95% hitrate vs womr on ron
lvl90 having 500 accuracy will also give you 95% hitrate vs worm in ron

that does not mean accuracy is capped but you hit rate is

because as we see her
going again a lvlv 99 with 400 evasion
lvl90 accuracy 400 gives you a hitrate of 47%
lvl90 accuracy 500 give you a hitrate of 92%

so accyracy was no cap'ed as 500 acurys IS an improving over 400
but you hitrate was caped at 95%

you simpyl need to stop mixing different terms/mechanics together
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-10-13 09:03:39  
Circles.
This thread is going in them.
[+]
By Nevill 2011-10-13 09:04:53  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Circles.
This thread is going in them.

Yup
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-10-13 09:15:38  
Fishes.
[+]
 Odin.Daemun
サーバ: Odin
user: daemun
By Odin.Daemun 2011-10-13 09:29:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Can we stop using the word 'pull-up'? It makes it sound like we're acquiring diapers.
I thought this thread involved working out by all I could see on the main page.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-13 09:53:29  
*sigh*

accuracy is a value in pts.. that is compared against the mob/nm's evasion to get you you hitrate

you are confussing terms with each others. which is exactly what i keep trying to tell you you do

you hitrate is low capped at 20% and high capped at 95% but youy accuracy is not you can still have more accuracy but the hitrate form comparing you accuracy against mob/nm evasion is cap'ed

because as we see her

Does that mean Cure potency doesn't cap? I could put on gear for more than 50%, that must mean it doesn't cap.

If you have 400 Accuracy and you're at the 95% hit rate cap then in fact, your accuracy IS capped on that paritcular monster. Your accuracy would become capped at the point where adding more accuracy doesn't increase your hit rate any more.

I do agree with the point of your original post though.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-10-13 09:55:34  
*sigh*

because as we see her

Did this hurt anyone else's head? It can't be just me. <_<
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2011-10-13 09:55:55  
Seems to me like the choice of words the OP chooses to use is what's confusing the crap out of everyone. The cap on "catches" (not pull up, thats a diaper or exercise) is 200. You can put a hook in the water and 3 can happily jump on the line, it's still only ONE catch.

Quote:
As far as the problem you're having with armored pisces, it could either be really bad luck, or if you're using a fish bot and kill hacking
^

Only reason why you wouldn't able to catch more than 50 is this. (Inb4 I dont fish bot and wtf is an "Epic" fish?)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-13 10:18:24  
I said it to you before Gaiarorshack and I'll say it again. It's 200 fish/catch, unless you have ebisu then its 5% more = 210.

When you catch a fish that has 2 or 3 on the line, it is still 1 fish/catch.

If your catching fish too fast the server will flag your character, preventing you from catching any more fish for the day. It's meant to hit people that bot/kill hack but it has been known to hit legit players as well. If your reeling in fish as fast as you can you're possibly getting flagged from the server.

There is no 50 cap, fishing has been around since the game began and people would have noticed it by now. The cap is 200. Multiple fish still count as one fish. Unless you have ebisu you cannot surpass this cap.

If you're getting stuck at 50 you either flagged your character or you’re in a rough spot and you just have to push through it, everyone has them.

If you're fishing fine, then you have 200 no catches in a row (you should notice it after 20-30) then you know you did something wrong.
[+]
 Sylph.Deathknight
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-10-13 11:07:02  
My favorite part is
i can hereby confirm it is pull ups

(aka catches/fish ID) as if this has not been known for a long time.
First Page 2