New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Agathos
Agathos
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-10-02 23:37:13  
Linkshell started in on the Jeuno path Voidwatch NMs tonight. Rolled through most of the 1st Tier NMs, but then got smashed by the Amhuluk-like NM, Agathos.

It uses a 20-yalm radius AOE high-potency wind damage attack, Dispelga attack, and casts Silencega, Paralyga, and Aeroja, among other things. Even with potent Baraera and Earthern Armor up, it really packed a wallop on well-geared PLDs.

Surely a Stun order, and more sources of Magic Defense on the tanks would be good adjustments.

Still, I was wondering if anyone's had some positive experiences fighting this NM. If so, and you're willing to share strategy, then my thanks in advance.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2011-10-03 13:54:10  
If you bring a few smn and just pred claw it to death (while standing 20' away when you are not doing bp's), its pretty manageable. Its wind based so the Garuda's dont take much damage and they can tank it pretty well. Not sure if you call that a strategy, but it works.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-03 14:02:28  
This fight is exactly like Bennu mixed with Ouzelum, minus the Absorbs Damage Taken during casting and TP moves. Your DDs will need sushi, or a dedicated dispeller and a lot of accuracy gear/capped skills for their lower weapons. I had a hard time hitting him with 330 Axe skill and meat. Like Bennu, the fight becomes more dangerous the more TP he has, so either keep most melees off until a red proc (Except the people looking to proc) or bring an exuberant amount of healing. Stay out of range of Dread Wind, and things should be fine.
 Cerberus.Wojo
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-03 14:06:02  
Bismarck.Zubuis said: »
If you bring a few smn and just pred claw it to death (while standing 20' away when you are not doing bp's), its pretty manageable. Its wind based so the Garuda's dont take much damage and they can tank it pretty well. Not sure if you call that a strategy, but it works.

Cant help but think of Garuda Wall in WOE. Good times. And yes, I call that a strategy.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2011-10-03 14:34:13  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
This fight is exactly like Bennu mixed with Ouzelum, minus the Absorbs Damage Taken during casting and TP moves. Your DDs will need sushi, or a dedicated dispeller and a lot of accuracy gear/capped skills for their lower weapons. I had a hard time hitting him with 330 Axe skill and meat. Like Bennu, the fight becomes more dangerous the more TP he has, so either keep most melees off until a red proc (Except the people looking to proc) or bring an exuberant amount of healing. Stay out of range of Dread Wind, and things should be fine.

Agathos is the amphitere in rolanberry (past). The roc (Yatawhatever) is in rolanberry present. OP asked information regarding Agathos, I think you got your mobs mixed up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-03 14:36:23  
Ugh. Seems I did. The Amphitere died quick as far as I recall, I don't remember our strategy.
 Alexander.Gib
サーバ: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-10-03 14:40:06  
Garuda wall always works when you just need it dead... if you want to get triggers to actually get drops, well thats another thing
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-03 14:45:08  
Agathos requires that your mages and melee know to stand 20' away from the monster and <20' away from the tank. He does heavy magic damage, so if your paladin doesn't have an Aegis, you'll probably want a second (or third) White Mage to focus on him. Erase Warped Wail quickly and get him topped off again. Don't feed TP so fast that he's doing TP moves back to back.

Damage sources are the same as the rest of Voidwatch. Rangers, Corsairs, Black Mages, and Summoners.

It uses the moves listed here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Demomo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skyline
By Fenrir.Demomo 2011-10-03 15:01:41  
What Byrth said and also, when it goes into shields up wind wall mode, have your paladin run away from everyone. Flash/voke at max distance, and none of its tp during the reaving wind bs will touch you, however aeroja casts still will. Stun will stop the wind for 1-3 seconds if you get stuck on a wall and cant get out.
[+]