users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » Coin of Decay
Coin of Decay
 Fenrir.Camiie
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2011-10-14 08:45:07  
I've actually got 16 decay now. 2 pouches and some singles. I pretty much just hit 7 whenever I can.

I'm actually doing my WoE empys a bit backwards. I'm waiting to see which coins I can collect 30 of first before I decide which weapon to start on. lol Weird probably, but I've had nothing better to do lately than run WoE anyway.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-14 08:55:39  
Fenrir.Camiie said: »
I've actually got 16 decay now. 2 pouches and some singles. I pretty much just hit 7 whenever I can. I'm actually doing my WoE empys a bit backwards. I'm waiting to see which coins I can collect 30 of first before I decide which weapon to start on. lol Weird probably, but I've had nothing better to do lately than run WoE anyway.

This is what I've been doing. Started WOE about a week ago because I decided I wanted new toys for jobs I play for the linkshell as needed that I don't care for as much, but need to use semi-frequently. I don't care about them enough to sink the time into full-blown Empys, so I started spamming WOE.

Thusfar I've obtained:
32 decay (two pouches)
19 birth (one pouch)
23 glory (one pouch)
6 advancement
7 ruin

All from spamming 7, more or less. A few forays into other zones that people were shouting for at times.

Stopped when I got 30+ decay so I could make bow. Finished that yesterday (well, +2. Not screwing with dice for now.) So will pick back up here after work today. Hopefully can get katana and/or dagger done by next weekend.
By runeghost 2011-10-14 19:44:33  
So what is it like on other servers? On mine they aren't doing 11 at all and 7 only rarely, everyone just does 9 over and over again.
-R
 Asura.Nzuh
サーバ: Asura
user: nzuh
By Asura.Nzuh 2011-10-14 20:24:52  
Zomg I freaking hate 9!! Warped wail is the most annoying thing ever! Idk why people don't do 11 - it's not like it's much harder but it is more fun :)
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-10-20 00:28:28  
runeghost said: »
So what is it like on other servers? On mine they aren't doing 11 at all and 7 only rarely, everyone just does 9 over and over again.
-R

Much less traffic in WoE now during normal NA times. Mostly people doing #7 now. I have yet to get a die off flux 7, all my others have come from 8-11.
By runeghost 2011-10-20 07:30:04  
Sometimes there aren't even a full group in WoE now...maybe 12~18 people and the fights are failing (at that , sometimes people do 7 or 9) I can't remember the last time anyone did 11 and I don't think people have done 8 or 10 since they were unlocked.
-R
 Shiva.Keman
サーバ: Shiva
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2011-10-20 09:52:31  
Much less traffic in WoE now during normal NA times. Mostly people doing #7 now. I have yet to get a die off flux 7, all my others have come from 8-11.

Well in the past couple nights I have got 2 dice from #7 so they can drop there atleast.

I found it kinda funny that I set off a long time ago (long before update not sure when) going for 30 glory coins for the sword, I have 21 glory coins at the moment but at the same time I got 30 decay leveled drk and sam sub for it got the WoE GS along with +2 gear and what not for it and am now back up to 15decay :/

as far as coin drop rate, #7 has been good to me. I spammed it the past 2 nights doing 5-6 runs a night (10-12 total) and I have got like 6Glory 12-14Decay 9advancement 7-9Birth 1-2Ruin. thats with 2decay 1advance 1birth pouch
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-10-20 21:24:58  
Shiva.Keman said: »

Well in the past couple nights I have got 2 dice from #7 so they can drop there atleast.

I found it kinda funny that I set off a long time ago (long before update not sure when) going for 30 glory coins for the sword, I have 21 glory coins at the moment but at the same time I got 30 decay leveled drk and sam sub for it got the WoE GS along with +2 gear and what not for it and am now back up to 15decay :/

as far as coin drop rate, #7 has been good to me. I spammed it the past 2 nights doing 5-6 runs a night (10-12 total) and I have got like 6Glory 12-14Decay 9advancement 7-9Birth 1-2Ruin. thats with 2decay 1advance 1birth pouch

Heh, I have enough coins to make most of the WoE weapons, yet 19 die short of finishing my first +3. Its a shame though, WoE is great income, even more stellar if you sell die. I've made about 20 mil pursuing my +3 and turned in what could of been 8 million more worth in die!
 Cerberus.Caylene
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-10-20 22:08:25  
I'm totally depressed- I was about half way through and all of the sudden, WoE is a ghost town. No one is ever there anymore, is so strange. :(
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-21 07:07:36  
Cerberus.Caylene said: »
I'm totally depressed- I was about half way through and all of the sudden, WoE is a ghost town. No one is ever there anymore, is so strange. :(

The past few days I've been there it's really died off. Really kinda irritating. It'd be different if it were like campaign and you got something for the work you did regardless.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-10-21 07:27:04  
LOL I just watched a SMN taru pop a primeval brew in flux 9, and do nothing at all cept send its smn out, then got hate and was running away from the mob...didn't even try to melee. Oh ffxi u so crazy!

Yes the ghost town is annoying.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-21 07:37:29  
Wouldn't feel as bad if I weren't at 8 or less coins needed of both Birth and Glory so I can finish the weapons I want atm and be done w/ WOE for a while.

Hopefully this weekend things pick up, or I can at least be on during Japanese prime time.
By runeghost 2011-10-21 20:17:39  
Yeah, spent a lot of time here since this is what I thought would happen -_- no where near enough dice and bazaars are at 300,000 per die. yeah....no. :(
-R
By runeghost 2011-10-26 20:15:42  
For the last 24 hours the fullest I have seen WoE is 22 people; only doing 7. Every now and then a few would try #9 and fail. At this rate of decline WoE will be empty again in a months time ... and there is -no- way to get enough dice by then... (I suppose if I get ten scrolls that sell for 1 or 2 million each I might be able to purchase them)...

How is the WoE situation on other servers?
-R
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-26 20:18:22  
I got 2 die from #7 yesterday as well. So I think it's better to just spam #7 now if making WoE weapons is your aim.

Scroll drop rate on #9 and #11 sucked hard. Over 100+ run, I only got 1 scroll and it's Holy II.
 Shiva.Keman
サーバ: Shiva
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2011-10-27 09:24:54  
For the last 24 hours the fullest I have seen WoE is 22 people; only doing 7. Every now and then a few would try #9 and fail. At this rate of decline WoE will be empty again in a months time ... and there is -no- way to get enough dice by then... (I suppose if I get ten scrolls that sell for 1 or 2 million each I might be able to purchase them)... How is the WoE situation on other servers? -R

Well on shiva it seems 9 and the other higher teir "spell" flux's are only done on the weekend nights fri/sat. #7 is spamed all the time everynight with about 10-25ish people, with Dice in Bazaar's for around 80-100k.

I am so close to being done haveing 29Glory, ofcourse along with 29advance, 54Birth, 39Ruin, 45Decay(after GS so actually 75Decay). I have a few dice but I am not to worried about them at the moment.