Ballista Question.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Ballista Question.
Ballista Question.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-09-21 20:52:43  
If everyone is of (near)equal skill, it is.

If you have one team that sucks and one that doesn't, it isn't.

Same goes for uncapped. You can have a rdm blu blm or w/e if everyone else on their team sucks, they're going to lose.
 Shiva.Ravager
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-21 21:00:41  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

Same goes for uncapped. You can have a rdm blu blm or w/e if everyone else on their team sucks, they're going to lose.

Well, I'm going to use your argument. If everyone on the team without the mage doesn't suck, it would be obvious to attack or provoke the mage at all times to capitalize on the clear damage advantage they have, and to eliminate the curing/enfeebling that comes along with it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-09-21 21:01:55  
If that mage doesn't suck, they should be the most difficult person to kill on that team. No way that person is dying before his team's dds kill one of the others.
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-21 21:02:41  
Shiva.Ravager said: »

Well, I'm going to use your argument. If everyone on the team without the mage doesn't suck, it would be obvious to attack or provoke the mage at all times to capitalize on the clear damage advantage they have, and to eliminate the curing/enfeebling that comes along with it.

That's saying the mage isn't prepared to kite/sprint while all the other melees take down your players 1 by 1.
 Shiva.Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-21 21:03:33  
Yeah, they usually are, but a provoked mage is a sitting duck. Also, Lethe Waters are your best friend.
 Shiva.Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-21 21:05:08  
Hades.Cheyne said: »

That's saying the mage isn't prepared to kite/sprint while all the other melees take down your players 1 by 1.

That's fine too, mage can sprint away all he/she wants, that just leaves 4 DD to take on 3 DD, I wonder who wins that one most of the time? It'd be silly to chase the mage and get picked off one by one.
 Hades.Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-21 21:09:11  
You're kinda ignoring what Tiger and I are saying.

If the mage doesn't suck, he is going to be very hard to kill.

Who says they run completely away? Maybe the just sprint to get out of melee range then enfeeble the living hell out of you and your teammates while the other melee go to town on you.
 Shiva.Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-21 21:13:09  
You're kinda ignoring what Tiger and I are saying.

If the mage doesn't suck, he is going to be very hard to kill.

Who says they run completely away? Maybe the just sprint to get out of melee range then enfeeble the living hell out of you and your teammates while the other melee go to town on you.

I'm not ignoring what you guys are saying and I concede that a RDM or WHM that knows what they're doing is very hard to kill. But you made it seem like the mage would sprint away and all the melee would mindlessly follow and get picked off, which is laughable, considering everyone taking part in the match doesn't suck. If the mage doesn't run away, all the melee stay with him, simple. If the mage runs, it's 3v4, pick your poison.
 Hades.Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-21 21:28:00  
You're assuming that you will have a lethe water or lethe +1 everytime, who is to say the mage doesn't have a fanatics? A good mage is almost impossible to kill. Even with provoke sure the mage can't do something for 20 seconds or so, but provoke won't have 100% accuracy.

And what about the other melee on the team? They could voke your team while they're trying to take down the mage.

Tons of possibilities, but it mainly comes back to being an experienced mage in pvp.
 Shiva.Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-21 21:35:17  
Not at all, and there's no Fanatic's Drink in Ballista, Carnal Incense is there, but it's extremely short in duration compared to Fanatic's. True, provoke isn't 100%, but main WAR provoke has a very high rate of landing, if I had to guess, it'd be like 75%, as opposed to /WAR provoke.

But I think we can agree that the game depends all on how fast the other 3 melee take down the 4 melee vs. how fast the 4 melee take down the single mage, and how the mage handles getting blitzkrieg'd every time.
By deshi 2011-09-21 21:35:34  
Sylph.Theme said: »
A friend and myself are interested in transferring to the server with the most active Ballista community and we hear a lot of things about Lakshmi. Can anyone confirm this for us? Mostly curious about 60 caps.

Lakshmi's 60 caps run every day. Match size depends on the time of day, ranging from 5v5(morning PST)~18v18+(JP evenings). There is no uncap on Lakshmi.

Shiva.Lateraluschan said: »
The servers that have active Ballista communities:
Shiva (the best obviously :), everyone's friendly)
Fenrir (seems like a lot of drama and bullying)
Lakshmi (from what I've read, pretty elitist)
Carbuncle (I don't know much about them but seems to be huge with tons of JP)

If you came to Shiva we have a LS for the NA with some of the JP in it too that you could join!

I run the NA/EU LS on Lakshmi(moved from Siren after it collapsed). I can't really argue that, we are fairly elitist. We play against JP teams in diorama, and they won't be interested in playing with us if our members aren't strong.

Carbuncle was merged with Gilgamesh, and there's been a very strong JP Ballista following on Gilgamesh for a very long time. Carbuncle games, as far as I know, are JP times, so unless you can stay up late regularly there won't be much for you there.

Can't speak for Shiva at all, but it's great to hear other Ballistars coming together there.

If you want a relaxed environment, I would join up with Lateraluschan on Shiva. Unless you are very confident and can handle getting beat down often, I would avoid moving to Lakshmi.

Good luck with your transfer, remember to bring along lots of things to resell on the AH.
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-21 21:38:03  
Not at all, and there's no Fanatic's Drink in Ballista, Carnal Incense is there, but it's extremely short in duration compared to Fanatic's. True, provoke isn't 100%, but main WAR provoke has a very high rate of landing, if I had to guess, it'd be like 75%, as opposed to /WAR provoke.

But I think we can agree that the game depends all on how fast the other 3 melee take down the 4 melee vs. how fast the 4 melee take down the single mage, and how the mage handles getting blitzkrieg'd every time.
Meant Carnal, derp.

And yes, I'm not saying the team of 4 melee will always lose, just the 3 melee 1 mage will have a much higher probability of winning most matches.
 Sylph.Theme
user: Saria
By Sylph.Theme 2011-09-22 00:44:57  
deshi said: »
Lakshmi's 60 caps run every day. Match size depends on the time of day, ranging from 5v5(morning PST)~18v18+(JP evenings). There is no uncap on Lakshmi.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.
By Brolli 2011-09-22 15:08:50  
Okay. i dont really know from ballista on others servers.. but i never miss 60caps in lakshmi server.. and ita absolutely awsome big fights..
im saying sometimes we do 25vs25 and one time 32vs32..
the score at the end.. were like 700 to 800.. w/e...
everyone is mostly JP yes.. but they really good players with the best 60cap gear and augmented.... i mean more than 5mil+ on gear plus Augmented... lol anyways... just letting ya'll know a bit more...
 Bismarck.Hisagi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-09-22 15:37:05  
Making me to transfer to lakshmi server ._.
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-09-22 15:48:20  
People who do 60 cap generally suck.

Some guy got butthurt and created a whole sub culture so he wouldn't have to do the rest of the game to get good gear to PvP with.

It goes both ways, if you can't PvP you are generally unable to understand the full scope of your job, unable to think on your feet and will fail under pressure.

If you don't PvE you're going to have crap to fight with and probably get rick rolled by people that do. So you need to have both.

Nobody cares about level 60 PvE so why would PvP be any different.

PvP is my favorite thing to do, but suck it up, go to abyssea or whatever you need, use the wiki. And get gear.

And this *** about not being balanced is crap, because /sch allows many martial jobs to gain the utility they need to combine both physical offense and magical prowess in the form of dispel aspir drain, and aga's.

To deal with jobs otherwise thought unkillable, in fact Magian trials are only HELPING YOU, close these gaps between jobs such as RDM, BLU, and BLM even.

When playing jobs like THF MNK and RNG, which at their conception seem rather simplistic, but are the harder jobs to play in ballista as more outside of the box thinking is required.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-09-22 16:01:30  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
not really lol
Also RNG is 1 of the best DD or atleast it was months ago, used to give so many GB's
 Shiva.Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-22 16:31:56  

Stopped reading here.
 Hades.Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-22 16:40:48  

Stopped reading here.

Pretty much.

Bismarck.Hisagi said: »
not really lol
Also RNG is 1 of the best DD or atleast it was months ago, used to give so many GB's

From some recent videos I've seen(A few people have been frequently uploading 60caps to YouTube) RNG is just beastly and I've seen a Sidewinder hit someone(probably poorly geared) for 1k dmg.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-22 16:41:23  
Sylph.Theme said: »
Mostly curious about 60 caps.
:|
user: pfrogs
By Shiva.Lateraluschan 2011-09-22 16:56:05  
RNG is just beastly and I've seen a Sidewinder hit someone(probably poorly geared) for 1k dmg.

Highest WS I've seen in 60s is like 1200 from Galka SAM (Jinpu), Highest WS I've taken is 950 Jinpu from Hume SAM.
RNGs are probably the most consistent though, usually WS for 600-900.
and:
 Bismarck.Hisagi
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-09-22 17:01:47  
RNG is just beastly and I've seen a Sidewinder hit someone(probably poorly geared) for 1k dmg.

Highest WS I've seen in 60s is like 1200 from Galka SAM (Jinpu), Highest WS I've taken is 950 Jinpu from Hume SAM.
and:
hahaha nice SS
Really depends on the other guy def most of times
 Quetzalcoatl.Eron
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Eron 2011-09-23 16:32:30  
Brolli said: »
Okay. i dont really know from ballista on others servers.. but i never miss 60caps in lakshmi server.. and ita absolutely awsome big fights..
everyone is mostly JP yes.. but they really good players with the best 60cap gear and augmented.... i mean more than 5mil+ on gear plus Augmented... lol anyways... just letting ya'll know a bit more...

Videos/screenshots/live stream or it didn't happen? O.o

That seems like some pretty crazy stuff.
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-23 16:51:11  

Worth noting that Jinpu is EXTREMELY sporadic... often ranging from 350-1k on the same person, all outside conditions held the same (including not wiffing at all). Penta Thrust tends to do more damage on average... I see many more sam/war using polearm in 60 cap than Gkt... and maybe even more just subbing rng with soboro lol.

I prefer sam/rng to rng/sam because of the crazy number of sidewinders you can dish out per match.
 Shiva.Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-23 18:30:19  
Yeah, Jinpu is really random, but I also found that Jinpu is MUCH better than Penta Thrust on high evasion jobs especially stacked evasion thieves, even one shots them which I've never seen even a berserked Penta do.
 Hades.Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-23 18:38:19  
All this pvp talk makes me wish there was a pvp server.

But SE and most of the community doesn't care about PvP so not much effort would go into it.
 Hades.Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-23 18:40:19  
Quetzalcoatl.Eron said: »
Brolli said: »

Videos/screenshots/live stream or it didn't happen? O.o

That seems like some pretty crazy stuff.

I think it was this JP player, or another but they actually had a 36 on 36 match. I can't find the exact video, but here is only of 20ish on 20ish.

This JP player usually uploads new videos every few days.
user: pfrogs
By Shiva.Lateraluschan 2011-09-23 18:46:39  

But SE and most of the community doesn't care about PvP so not much effort would go into it.

I thought we were going to do a Royale on the TEST server, we could all meet up for some OM 60s though.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-23 18:49:29  
I wonder how many people went for Gukumatz on his team.
 Hades.Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-23 18:51:47  

I thought we were going to do a Royale on the TEST server, we could all meet up for some OM 60s though.

Tiger had said something about that, but any kind of pvp would be cool.