Dancer Equipment Sets & Merit Points. Help Needed.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dancer Equipment Sets & Merit points. Help needed.
Dancer Equipment Sets & Merit points. Help needed.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2011-09-22 15:42:43  
Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
What Austar means is:
Presto -> Step (Miss) -> NFR (2 FMs) -> Step (5 FMs)

That's also what I meant when I said that the other 6 steps are more likely to miss. If you miss a Step during your regular FM cycle, Presto makes it so you're wasting one FM if you have 3 NFR.
Thanks, that clears things up. Has it been proven that building to 5 during that cycle is the most efficient way to go? (assuming you're fighting a brick wall that never dies). I tend to reverse with just 3 lately when I'm >= 43 tp.

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
personally i kept my NFR at 5/5
I'll possibly swap back to this after trying 3/5 for another month or so. For now I'm not missing it as much as I expected, but my ls is pretty fast paced when doing events.

this can probably get moved to a rudras forum, but for the sake of this post, i use, assuming flourish3 and nfr timers are up:
Presto->Step->Step->CF->RS->NFR->Rev->RS
..let the down time on your timers and the steps before your sc allow you to get to 300tp for maximum super fun time =]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-22 16:53:21  
i also kept 5/5 nfr, i feel like i am burning unnecessary time when nfr is up to get my 100 tp

ie: 5/5 nfr reverse 100 tp takes about 2-3 seconds of your delay

presto step 2/5 nfr reverse provides a net gain of 90 tp if step doesnt miss, 80 if your first step misses, and can take anywhere between 5-17 seconds of delay to get your reverse.

always seem to be an *** pain for me and thats my justification.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-09-22 20:07:51  
im with you on that one XD

plus i like GOING into a fight with 100+ tp
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-22 20:11:08  
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
aside from these people fighting and talking about rudras, since that could probably belong in a different forum..

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Earrings/Rings need to be:

Brutal/Suppanomimi
Epona's/Rajas.

Only way they work.
is this ideal? i use brutal/moonshade, epona/rajas..suppa yea its good but regain on moonshade is nice and noticeable
Yes unless you're getting x2 marches.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Nyanoh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: wolftamer
By Cerberus.Nyanoh 2011-09-24 13:38:29  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Aias is a simple dnc solo at 90 if you're preapred, at 95 you'll be fine if you have no friends to help for a duo.

Having not attempted this yet myself, I'm interested in how you go about it. I would have figured he had way too many nasty things to make it viable for solo.
 Cerberus.Nyanoh
By Cerberus.Nyanoh 2011-09-30 09:40:30  
Anyone? :(
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-30 09:41:59  
I don't know. There are a lot of things about Yaanei that I'd assume would make it a difficult solo. I'm sure it's possible if you're defensive and willing to take two years, but realistically it's better to just get a healer to go with you.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-30 12:41:53  
I'd say there's a significant amount of randomness involved in soloing Yaanei. I consider "Can solo this reliably" and "Can solo this assuming X and Y don't happen" different categories.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-09-30 14:15:46  
I tried soloing Yaanei for the heck of it but I think I died at around 45% when i got hit with Para from one of his TP moves. He's fairly accurate and he does cast a lot and fairly resistant to Violent Flourish.

Edit: but yeah, grabbing a WHM makes it extremely easy.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-30 14:33:20  
Anything that can kill you, and can paralyze you, is pretty much in the second soloing category.
 Cerberus.Nyanoh
By Cerberus.Nyanoh 2011-09-30 14:41:24  
ok, glad to know I wasn't crazy thinking "simple solo" was a little far fetched.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pooman
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-09-30 14:45:09  
Please post a video of this simple solo please.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-09-30 16:22:42  
I would just like to point out (I dont think anyone else said it but I only skimmed over the other replies so I could have missed it) since you have charis tights +1, they have 2 more eva than your alcide's subligar. As well as haste obviously. Definitely try to get +2 if you can. You may not have an ls but you managed to get other things without one so I dont see this as being any different.

My own eva set has much less eva than your's and (in aby at least) with GH atma I can get away with it fine. If you can get that (if you havent already) you can probably swap out alot of that gear for haste/tp gear.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-30 16:43:02  
even if yaanei was a simple solo, which it really isnt, its a situational solo if that's the term that i can use best at the moment, sort of like me soloing Ovni at lvl 80, why would you even bother soloing him, sure i just mentioned ovni, i've solo'd him tons of times yet not once in all the times i solo'd him have i got a bullwhip belt. It's one thing to solo something for kicks, its a whole new ballpark to solo something in abyssea for a terrible drop rate item that you cant even guarantee a kill solo to begin with.

in other words: solo for the kicks, not the drops
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-09-30 16:59:40  
Not mention that even you got lucky and managed to get him close to dying the moment he does Besieger's Bane usually spells game over, because in addition to being terroed you can't even heal.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-09-30 17:03:25  
If you're worried about paralyze, bring a stack of jar of remedy ointment with you
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-30 17:22:49  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
If you're worried about paralyze, bring a stack of jar of remedy ointment with you

Anything that can kill you AND paralyze you can probably paralyze you with enough potency that you can't rely on being able to remove it before it does something stupid. At that point, you're rolling dice to see if you win.