Magian Staves As SCH?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Magian Staves as SCH?
Magian Staves as SCH?
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-05 00:30:57  
Cerberus.Vaness said: »

i dont think it was meant to be about sch vs blm. i have both leveled and geared well. when i did the Indra+2 staff trial. I was able to Parsimony + WaterV. sneak up. move to fomor nms kill mousses on the way rinse repeat. If waterV timer wasnt up. I did stone5+water2. and still didnt have mp issues. 1 shot mousses in Bostaunieux Oubliette.

Also im kinda curious where u happened to find 8 mouses together. Theres 4 by the Jelly ring NM. another 2 on the way to the fomor NMs. Theres also 2 haunts which do aggro to sound, by those 2 additional mousses. so unless u pulled those with your batch... umm yah....

Sylph.Katalsar said: »
Get some damn Hmp gear, sublimation w/ stoneskin up, have your refresh body + serp set + owleyes + hairpin + subligar.

The point that several us were making is that SCH doesnt require a hmp set or much refresh gear at all to maintain a full mp pool OUTSIDE abyssea. The fact that u suggest an hmp set, requires that u rest, which slows down ur performance. I never rested at all.

Also with the owleyes. blm/sch pulling 10+ mobs will eat through ur phalanxless stoneskin in 3-4hits. owleyes contributes to a refresh set not a PDT set. its +10% dmg taken. huge diff than fulltiming terra's/earth. Even if u had cheviot, darkx2, twiglith, ud only be reducing -14% pdt. I'm assuming u used refresh subligar since u mentioned that...

Bottom line in abyssea. BLM/rdm is great for trials if the mobs are in abyssea.. If they dont exist in abyssea like weapons. SCH will be much more efficient because ur able to 1 shot mobs with no resting time.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-10-05 01:06:04  
Just putting this out there before things get messier--try not to let the discussions dwindle into deprecating comments aimed at one another.
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 01:12:33  
Letting yourself get hit in Owleyes would be pretty silly. You should have a toggle or macro that can switch between an Owleyes/Genbu setup and Terra's.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-05 01:14:29  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Letting yourself get hit in Owleyes would be pretty silly. You should have a toggle or macro that can switch between an Owleyes/Genbu setup and Terra's.

^

If you don't have a toggle Dodu and I both have XMLs that have one, and you're welcome to PM either of us for them.

Edit: I think I only have one butchered for SCH, actually.
 Cerberus.Aizm
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Aizm
By Cerberus.Aizm 2011-10-05 01:18:56  
Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

i dont think it was meant to be about sch vs blm. i have both leveled and geared well. when i did the Indra+2 staff trial. I was able to Parsimony + WaterV. sneak up. move to fomor nms kill mousses on the way rinse repeat. If waterV timer wasnt up. I did stone5+water2. and still didnt have mp issues. 1 shot mousses in Bostaunieux Oubliette.

Also im kinda curious where u happened to find 8 mouses together. Theres 4 by the Jelly ring NM. another 2 on the way to the fomor NMs. Theres also 2 haunts which do aggro to sound, by those 2 additional mousses. so unless u pulled those with your batch... umm yah....

Get some damn Hmp gear, sublimation w/ stoneskin up, have your refresh body + serp set + owleyes + hairpin + subligar.

The point that several us were making is that SCH doesnt require a hmp set or much refresh gear at all to maintain a full mp pool OUTSIDE abyssea. The fact that u suggest an hmp set, requires that u rest, which slows down ur performance. I never rested at all.

Also with the owleyes. blm/sch pulling 10+ mobs will eat through ur phalanxless stoneskin in 3-4hits. owleyes contributes to a refresh set not a PDT set. its +10% dmg taken. huge diff than fulltiming terra's/earth. Even if u had cheviot, darkx2, twiglith, ud only be reducing -14% pdt. I'm assuming u used refresh subligar since u mentioned that...

Bottom line in abyssea. BLM/rdm is great for trials if the mobs are in abyssea.. If they dont exist in abyssea like weapons. SCH will be much more efficient because ur able to 1 shot mobs with no resting time.

He may be talking about before the mob placement was changed in Oubliette. I'm not sure since I didn't start Indra's until after the change. Also why would you talk about one-shotting with water 5? You have to have lightning killshots...

As to a hmp set, pretty sure he was talking about down time between pops after you -aga a whole group down. Who cares if you're resting if you're killing faster than spawn time?

As for the owleyes I really can't say. I wouldnt pull in it, and pluto's is better for resting. Maybe just an idle piece while buffing. Likely he was just listing refresh pieces that help.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-05 01:29:33  
Cerberus.Aizm said: »

He may be talking about before the mob placement was changed in Oubliette. I'm not sure since I didn't start Indra's until after the change. Also why would you talk about one-shotting with water 5? You have to have lightning killshots...

As to a hmp set, pretty sure he was talking about down time between pops after you -aga a whole group down. Who cares if you're resting if you're killing faster than spawn time?

As for the owleyes I really can't say. I wouldnt pull in it, and pluto's is better for resting. Maybe just an idle piece while buffing. Likely he was just listing refresh pieces that help.

mob placement changed there when? i havnt been since that trial. now that u mention the thunder kill shot i remember. its been a while it was 85 cap >.>.... i used parsimony specifically cause it took them low enough vs ebu+water5 killed them.

but my main point was. he would have to killed the haunts... if they removed the haunts since when i did it. i can see it possible to pull several but the haunts i remember having more hp when we were 85 cap.
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-10-05 01:34:30  
Den of Rancor was pretty easy to do as BLM/RDM at 80. Camp near where Hakutaku spawns. I'm not sure if they reduced the respawn time or not yet, but it was OK.
 Cerberus.Aizm
By Cerberus.Aizm 2011-10-05 01:36:28  
mob placement changed there when? i havnt been since that trial. now that u mention the thunder kill shot i remember. its been a while it was 85 cap >.>.... i used parsimony specifically cause it took them low enough vs ebu+water5 killed them.

It was changed with the Grounds of Valor update I believe. I couldn't tell you the differences between before and after since I have not been there since camping a jelly ring years ago. I suppose its possible the mousses weren't touched at all :/
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-05 01:39:01  
Cerberus.Evilpaul said: »
Den of Rancor was pretty easy to do as BLM/RDM at 80. Camp near where Hakutaku spawns. I'm not sure if they reduced the respawn time or not yet, but it was OK.

i was always told not to do den at the time just cause they were high lever. i just did bost. the only annoying thing about Bost. was i kept falling down to 2nd map cause i was falling asleep during the trial
 Cerberus.Aizm
By Cerberus.Aizm 2011-10-05 01:59:44  
Back on track somewhat, has anyone used kaustra for Yama's Staff trials? I'm in the process of leveling SCH so I can't test myself. I realize the initial damage would have to outright kill a mob. Does the damage scale down like -aga spells when used with manifestation? For example, could you pull 5~10 mobs and kaustra them down for easy kills?

I'd rather not suffer through drain/cata kills solo on blm or whm :(
 Phoenix.Eckeward
サーバ: Phoenix
user: eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2011-10-05 09:51:16  
Cerberus.Aizm said: »
Back on track somewhat, has anyone used kaustra for Yama's Staff trials? I'm in the process of leveling SCH so I can't test myself. I realize the initial damage would have to outright kill a mob. Does the damage scale down like -aga spells when used with manifestation? For example, could you pull 5~10 mobs and kaustra them down for easy kills?

I'd rather not suffer through drain/cata kills solo on blm or whm :(

Yep, I'm afraid the damage scales with number of mobs pulled like -ga spells. I've tried various techniques and I seem to have ended up at Cataclysm for these trials.

1. Adjust your nuke damage with gear/buffs so that your nukes leave a mob with 1% hp, then Drain. {Yawn}

2. Kaustra-ing a mob, then Manifestation-Kaustra(or Cataclysm) the kill shot so it hits another mob, then Manifest.-Kaustra the killshot for that mob so that it starts doting another mob,... etc.

3. I tried this with Raptors in Misareux, buff up, begin pulling a huge group of mobs, Fanatic's Drink(Bastion NPC), pull more. Kaustra-ga. end with Cataclysm or Kaustra-ga. It's hard to get the killshot timing perfect and you have 30s of Fanatic's Drink before they eat you up.

4. Another is with Embrava/Sea Daughter; pull a mob with Immanence+Blizzard 1-5 then Cataclysm >> Compression (+ maybe MB Drain), although you need high Cataclysm damage to pull it off.

5. My current method, SCH/WAR with Defender, Embrava, Sea Daughter, Monarch's Drink(Bastion NPC),... etc. pull 3-5 mobs Cataclysm them to death. Alacrity+Manifestation Drain if you need to. (Or better still, get a WAR friend to do it)
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-10-05 10:08:40  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Ragnarok.Anye said: »
Just putting this out there before things get messier--try not to let the discussions dwindle into deprecating comments aimed at one another.
did you accidentally alliterate or was that intended?
Whoa, I totally didn't notice that, but I meant it. Katalsar, Wolfshadow--drop it, please. topicbanned.
 Sylph.Annex
サーバ: Sylph
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-10-05 11:24:37  
Anything outside abysssea. (e.g. Mousses in Bost for Indra+2) sch will pull ahead simply because sch just doesnt run out of mp. I remember killing every mousse in that zone and never running out of mp or resting or using convert.

This trial took another BLM and myself on BLM 7 hours to do in den of rancor. I would phalanx, stoneskin and -PDT gear pull about 7-10 of them and altenate aga nukes and sleepga. Then we had to rest. Im sure SCH would have an easier time with this trial
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-05 16:34:50  

Not sure if this was meant to me, haven't said anything about indra's trial but I personally did that trial in garlaige Citadel (S) there was 8 and pretty easy to gather.Though I was only AoE'ing 4 at the time.