Shiva.Karichan
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2011-09-05 01:51:02  
Looking to buy some Alexandrite.
I'm fairly flexible on prices.
Any amount is welcome, be it 1 or 100.

If I'm online, feel free to send me a tell, with a price if you have one.
If I'm not around [AFK or sleep] when I get the tell, I will very likely get back to you when I can. [If I'm anon/away, I'm likely sleeping.]
You can also send me a PM here, if I'm not online or whatever.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-05 01:56:42  
Everyone and their grandmama is doing a mythic and the prices are still sky high!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-05 01:58:15  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Everyone and their grandmama is doing a mythic and the prices are still sky high!
Don't you mock my grandmama and her Gastraphetes, she's a nice lady
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-09-05 02:01:01  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
Don't you mock my grandmama and her Gastraphetes, she's a nice lady

I wish gastraphetes attacked twice and not odd :< I'd want to do it then to see the snapshot value >_> I heard it was +10 snapshot or something like that, and you can spam blood/sleep bolts!
 Shiva.Karichan
By Shiva.Karichan 2011-09-05 05:48:53  

The prices are mildly acceptable, only because nobody does Salvage anymore. >_>
The real problem is availability, never able to find enough Alex to go broke on.

From shouting/yelling, bazaar comment in-game, wanted on here, and random bazaar browsing, I've only been able to find/buy ~500 Alex. :<
I put this thread up in hopes for even slightly higher chances of finding some more.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
user: AshMulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2011-09-05 09:37:40  
My grandma made a Kannagi :(
 Shiva.Falseliberty
By Shiva.Falseliberty 2011-09-05 18:12:30  
everyone and there mom is doing mythic?
I hope se adds more alex to events there just inst any going around atm due to nobody doing salvage im hoping linen pouches get added to jar, ZNM, assault etc when those events get upgraded
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-09-05 18:54:06  
Shiva.Falseliberty said: »
everyone and there mom is doing mythic?
I hope se adds more alex to events there just inst any going around atm due to nobody doing salvage im hoping linen pouches get added to jar, ZNM, assault etc when those events get upgraded

Good luck with your quest. I've suspended my mythic quest for the time being until the next update. If alex doesn't become more widely available or cheaper I will probably build a relic instead since it would cost me about the same (I'm about 7k alex into the ordeal) but without the frustration of shouting for alex and/or constantly spamming salvage. I'd imagine they will do something like tatters for salvage gear, and that might at least cause a higher supply.
By Zeyphr 2011-09-05 19:07:49  
I highly doubt they will make Alex drop off of older content like Ein, ZNM, @ 99 it will be much easier. If they did add Alex drops to events, it'd probobly be the last tier of voidwatch NM's imo, like a Linen Pouch being like 20% drop and Single alex's dropping as often as a Flint Stone from worms.
 Shiva.Karichan
By Shiva.Karichan 2011-09-05 19:48:42  
Zeyphr said: »
I highly doubt they will make Alex drop off of older content like Ein, ZNM, @ 99 it will be much easier. If they did add Alex drops to events, it'd probobly be the last tier of voidwatch NM's imo, like a Linen Pouch being like 20% drop and Single alex's dropping as often as a Flint Stone from worms.

I'm somewhat expecting other areas of Aht Urhgan content to get Alex drops, with Salvage leading for overall gain over time.
However, totally possible they'll just make Salvage more...attractive?

Currently I duo Salvage [SSR] with a friend and split the Alex.
It's not bad progress, but buying it at stupid prices still makes faster progress, if you have good income.
 Asura.Miyara
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Miyara 2011-09-05 19:57:33  
I think it's more likely they just drop the Alex requirement than add Alex drops to new areas and/or events, but I'd take it.

I think they could lower the Alex requirement to 10k and really not see a huge spike in people going for it given the time sink needed for Ein, Nyzul, and ZNM's that are also needed.
 Shiva.Karichan
By Shiva.Karichan 2011-09-05 20:18:41  
Asura.Miyara said: »
I think it's more likely they just drop the Alex requirement than add Alex drops to new areas and/or events, but I'd take it.

I think they could lower the Alex requirement to 10k and really not see a huge spike in people going for it given the time sink needed for Ein, Nyzul, and ZNM's that are also needed.

I think they mentioned in the past [recently] that they were not going to change the requirements for Mythics, but might revamp the events you obtain progress through.
 Shiva.Bigslank
user: bigslank
By Shiva.Bigslank 2011-09-05 21:28:12  
Well I have 9 I think just send me tell in game, i'll sell.