Veteran Goldsmithers: Perspective On Lv74 Rings Post- Apr09 Update

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Veteran Goldsmithers: perspective on lv74 rings post- Apr09 update
Veteran Goldsmithers: perspective on lv74 rings post- Apr09 update
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-04-18 09:39:31  
Currently I am a level 98+3 Goldsmither. I've been at 98 for a couple months now, and have just been holding off on the final two levels because I wanted to get the Goldsmith's Ring before pushing myself to 100. I wanted the ring simply because the only option I could see to hit 100 was by synthing the lv74 rings, which being so immensely expensive and having no HQ result, the ring was a perfect choice to keep my breaks to a minimum and my overall cost as low as possible. (I chose this synth because out of the available synths I am aware of to hit 100, it's the least gil loss per synth to get me to 100. It also has the highest turnover rate, making it easy to get my money back out of it when compared to other options.)

With the Apr. 09 update and the introduction of the new gobbiebag quests, the Orichalcum ingot was revealed to be one item required for the quest, and the price on the ingots skyrocketed. After the initial hype behind the quest and high demand for ingots (where prices had risen by 75% - 100% or more), currently the ingots seemed to have settled at around 350k, a 50% increase in cost post-update.

I do notice, however, that the final product (lv74 rings) have not increased in cost. Where these rings were already a loss to synth pre-update (about 30-80k on average lost per synth), they are now rediculous when it comes to loss per synth (costing nearly 300k more to make than the selling price on ah).

So as far as I'm concerned... lv74 rings are now out of the question in terms of synthing. The loss is just too high for a synth with no HQ (and thus no profit potential).

Any Goldsmithers out there have any alternatives? Maybe some of you can enlighten me on how I should reach 100 in today's market.
 Bismarck.Barrd
サーバ: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-04-18 09:51:00  
well you can make shield to lvl 99 if you lvl smithing and that last lvl well lol pray for fast skill up or look for linkshell that need pld bodys that thay need crafted too 100
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-04-18 10:52:53  
I have both Smithing and Alchemy at 60, so the vast majority of popular synths should be covered. I'm halfway to finishing Clothcraft (30 atm) simply so I can synth Manteels for my linkshell, as I'm the only Goldsmither in the shell.

As per your prospective alternatives, I was under the impression that Koenig Shields capped at 97, and Cursed Curiass capped at 98. So neither synth would give me skill.
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
サーバ: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-04-18 11:19:00
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Verdun or Lv72 rings +1 til 99? D;
 Bismarck.Barrd
サーバ: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-04-18 11:25:42  
but lvl 72 ring need +1 ring hard to get
 Fairy.Armandan
サーバ: Fairy
user: Armandan2
By Fairy.Armandan 2009-04-18 11:46:19  
This recent update isn't your only concern. With ACP and the random rings it gives there will be even less need for goldsmithers. SE has destroyed this craft just about completely now. Now for finishing to 100 push what I did was Platinum Ring+1 and Ruby, Diamond, etc this caps at 100 and I made 2x Triumph Ring+1 this way which paid for the rest of my 97-100 push. Hope this helps.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-04-27 18:01:56  
Armandan said:
This recent update isn't your only concern. With ACP and the random rings it gives there will be even less need for goldsmithers. SE has destroyed this craft just about completely now. Now for finishing to 100 push what I did was Platinum Ring+1 and Ruby, Diamond, etc this caps at 100 and I made 2x Triumph Ring+1 this way which paid for the rest of my 97-100 push. Hope this helps.

I don't think it'd hurt goldsmithers too much. Due to the ring you getting being 100% random so you could just get a piece of junk instead of what you want.

I do agree however that Goldsmithing needs some new/useful synths though. I wish they'd bring back the HQ Elemental Bead Rings.

Anyway, as for what to synth, sadly there's not a lot of options out there. I'd wait and hopefully the ore/ingots will fall in price. However you could be waiting a long time.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-05-09 04:14:55  
100% drop from Royale Ramble. Just make a static who will let you lot some extra ores. For instance, we are putting one together in my LS so that people can get the 12 ingots for salvage upgrades for free.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-09 04:20:41  
Yeah your just screwed... hopefully the market will get glutted enough thatd ill go down even farther tehn it was before. But frankly Its partly those impatient skill uppers that are to blame in the first place. I mean its a lvl 102 synth that cant HQ it should be a profit for god sake.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-05-11 10:41:48  
Antonioklaus said:
100% drop from Royale Ramble. Just make a static who will let you lot some extra ores. For instance, we are putting one together in my LS so that people can get the 12 ingots for salvage upgrades for free.

I've tried that... definitely a cool idea, but it burned through most of my seals very quickly for only a couple synths worth of ingots (and no one in my ls felt like giving me the ingots at a discount, much less free).

I dont see this as being viable on a regular basis, simply because of the sheer amount of Ocl. ingots required to go from 98-100 on the lv74 rings. The number is rediculous, and you'd literally have to do like 500 of these KSNMs to get them all.

But as a supplement, it works real well.

I think I'll just try the platinum ring +1 synth, and hope for some good luck there. thanks for the input, guys
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-11 13:05:57  
Also you might want to consider maximizing your skillup rate and say screw it with fails and maybe put some mogenhancements to minimize HQ breaks. Back in the day when gold ingot was lik 80k the cheapest loss to 94 was making muscle belts and yeah npcing them for like 5k... actually was able to desynth barely enough to make even better back lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-07-20 00:18:57  
What i did for the 95-100 stretch was GARDEN platinum nuggets out the a$$ synth platinum rings from it, keep the +1 ones for skillups and sell the NQ plat rings.

This takes lots of mules but it was actually quite profitable and i had plenty of gil to push the last level from 99 to 100

Even though for me back then the lvl74 rings were still a 100k loss per synth, i hit 100 right as the economic decline had set in and people started undercutting synthed items.

However, especially since i was crafting for profits also things like triumph ears (which were actually profitable then ; ;) and morion +1 ears it was a cake walk.

I'd highly recomend that method but you're so close to 100 now anyway that gardening for plat ring+1 for 1 level would be a bit pointless, still could be profitable though.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-20 00:35:18  
Sounds like a pretty decent strat, but while I haven't looked at any of the numbers, don't forget that farming what you need is very rarely the best way to do things.

If you can get 1 platinum ore from 1 week of gardening, (or whatever it is) that's not as good as getting the gil for 2 platinum ores by gardening something else for that week UNLESS the main issue is finding them on rather than the cost.

I'm really just referring to the whole farming ingredients arguement, that if you spend hours farming some cheap shitty item like yagudo feathers, you might not be spending money for your skill-ups, but you could be making a lot more gil per hour farming something else and buying the feathers.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-20 00:51:02  
Lol try convincing people of that... all this wah look at all this profit I made farming my stuff!!! Yeah right look again buddy. But then theres those people that refuse to farm and will litterally just camp ahs for hours and hours and hours for days instead of just farming for a little while...
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 01:00:53  
*** farming, that ***'s for the birds...I'm just a lowly cook, but it's so much easier farming ***in Boyahda Tree and just buying the ***off the AH. Only thing I farm is cockatrice meat, and only because that's so *** easy to farm and there's other easy things to kill there for a little pocket change...

However, food mats have to be the easiest thing to get compared to like any other crafting item, so I'm obviously a little biased prolly...
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-07-21 17:55:54  
Blazza said:
Sounds like a pretty decent strat, but while I haven't looked at any of the numbers, don't forget that farming what you need is very rarely the best way to do things.

If you can get 1 platinum ore from 1 week of gardening, (or whatever it is) that's not as good as getting the gil for 2 platinum ores by gardening something else for that week UNLESS the main issue is finding them on rather than the cost.

I'm really just referring to the whole farming ingredients arguement, that if you spend hours farming some cheap shitty item like yagudo feathers, you might not be spending money for your skill-ups, but you could be making a lot more gil per hour farming something else and buying the feathers.

#1 It's NOT ores, it's nuggets. They are stackable and very easy to grow compared to the ever popular elemental ores which are hit or miss, out of two mules i used to pull 1.5-2 stacks of platinum ingots worth of nuggets every two weeks, now i don't think a little time for a couple free stacks of platinum is all that bad of a deal, do you?

#2 Farming is basically worthless if you're at a 98 skill, you make more gil/hr even just spamming lvl 14 rings lol