Monk Job Adjustments - Well...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Monk Job Adjustments - Well...
Monk Job Adjustments - Well...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-01 18:01:34  
Fenrir.Gradd said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Fenrir.Gradd said: »
I'm sorry I didn't know Empyreans were hard to make, if you play a job alot there is no excuse not to have an Empyrean for it.
Ah that is why I have a Gambanteinn, a perfect excuse now! :)

HEXA STRIKE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
/o/!
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-01 18:01:42  
Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »
was actualy hoping for at least something on guard but meh least they said something
They mentioned before they had plans for guard and parry.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-09-01 18:02:46  
I wish they'd add partial parries like FFXIV.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-01 22:07:09  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I could have probably got one back on Shiva if I had ever got a turn, but in all reality we're incredibly casual on Carbuncle and I like it like this. Maybe after Sev has his Ukon I'll see if anyone wants to give me a hand on a vere (Would do Daurdabla but *** that). If not then meh.

We get ***done regardless of our gear. And where would be the fun with no wipes
Pretty much this here too, I already have an almace, which I made during the big kannagi-boom where all the jps were swarming to make theirs, which combined with single ???s for briareus/sobek and no chance of getting guku KI in a gold chest led my psyche to be almost completely broken. I'm pretty much deathly afraid now that if I go about making an empyrean I'll end up with the same popping-purple claim NMs and waiting 20 minutes for a solo jp nin/dnc to not proc a ??? nm after he pops over me. So I stick to our casual salvages (which I'm addicted to partially because they're instanced ._.) and other misc. little outings we have, which is basically just doing whatever needs doing.

I like my almace, and I feel blessed to have gotten it, don't get me wrong, but I feel I hardly use my blu anymore in my very low-man setting that I do things with my friends with. And with classes starting up I have no time to make an empyrean now really, especially Twashtar seeing as how I'm almost always on THF nowadays.

If I'm doing anything involving empyreans now it would be helping someone else in ls finish their first, because like others have said, you should at least have 1 empyrean for the job you play. The one thing that irks me are the people who work on their like, 4th empyrean while their other 3 are still 85 and there are other people in linkshell who need help making their first, and they expect other people to help them make theirs instead of help that empyrean-less person.

This probably sounds like a bunch of rambling mumbo-jumbo, I blame waking up at 6:30AM :<
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-09-01 22:22:01  
MNK and WAR got very good updates last time when we went to 90. Impetus and Blood Rage and every cried that they got new JAs and other jobs didnt. It all events out really.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-09-02 17:16:37  
Siren.Kalilla said:
I know many of you are somewhat disappointed that there aren’t any adjustments or new abilities being added for monk in the upcoming version update. We don't apologize for this

[+]
By mortontony1 2011-09-02 17:19:14  
Quote:
monk and warrior are already leading in certain areas

Does he mean dealing damage? Because I was under the impression that was what those jobs were supposed to do...
 Cerberus.Thongypoo
user: Thongypoo
By Cerberus.Thongypoo 2011-09-02 17:39:29  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
I could have probably got one back on Shiva if I had ever got a turn, but in all reality we're incredibly casual on Carbuncle and I like it like this. Maybe after Sev has his Ukon I'll see if anyone wants to give me a hand on a vere (Would do Daurdabla but *** that). If not then meh.

Pretty much this here too, I already have an almace, which I made during the big kannagi-boom where all the jps were swarming to make theirs, which combined with single ???s for briareus/sobek and no chance of getting guku KI in a gold chest led my psyche to be almost completely broken. I'm pretty much deathly afraid now that if I go about making an empyrean I'll end up with the same popping-purple claim NMs and waiting 20 minutes for a solo jp nin/dnc to not proc a ??? nm after he pops over me. So I stick to our casual salvages (which I'm addicted to partially because they're instanced ._.) and other misc. little outings we have, which is basically just doing whatever needs doing.

I like my almace, and I feel blessed to have gotten it, don't get me wrong, but I feel I hardly use my blu anymore in my very low-man setting that I do things with my friends with. And with classes starting up I have no time to make an empyrean now really, especially Twashtar seeing as how I'm almost always on THF nowadays.

If I'm doing anything involving empyreans now it would be helping someone else in ls finish their first, because like others have said, you should at least have 1 empyrean for the job you play. The one thing that irks me are the people who work on their like, 4th empyrean while their other 3 are still 85 and there are other people in linkshell who need help making their first, and they expect other people to help them make theirs instead of help that empyrean-less person.

This probably sounds like a bunch of rambling mumbo-jumbo, I blame waking up at 6:30AM :<

Pssh I remember you pulling out your almace in some exp parties ;p. Also, even with 3 ???s still stupid people being stupid. Bst solo's the lizard for seals and takes 40 minutes ;\.

To be on original topic I really wish Mnk got something extra fun to use but I understand the reasons why it didn't. Have they said anything about new ws' I don't read forums often?
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-09-02 18:08:26  
I've got a theory (mostly joking) - does anyone have a job/subjob combination that results in you having to scroll down the list? I mean, the list actually contains more than what is visible at one time. I know monk/war is getting pretty full of abilities. I wonder if there's no capability for that list to scroll.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-02 18:09:16  
MNK/WAR already has to scroll.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-02 18:11:08  
You have like 18 different shared timers useless JA's on THF that are all up again in 5 minutes if that counts

You should see it when a sandworm uses Dessication or w/e with the Recast plugin
 Carbuncle.Ronson
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-09-02 18:11:36  
Cerberus.Thongypoo said: »

Pssh I remember you pulling out your almace in some exp parties ;p. Also, even with 3 ???s still stupid people being stupid. Bst solo's the lizard for seals and takes 40 minutes ;\.

To be on original topic I really wish Mnk got something extra fun to use but I understand the reasons why it didn't. Have they said anything about new ws' I don't read forums often?

not this bst i'm afraid and i don't even have a ws set for bst because i care so little for the job but 40 min's to kill Sirrush?,come off it(if not sirrush and some other ungodly lizard i take it back).
i can take that bish down in 10mins+ tops on bst
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-02 18:14:34  
Carbuncle.Ronson said: »
not this bst i'm afraid and i don't even have a ws set for bst because i care so little for the job but 40 min's to kill Sirrush?,come off it(if not sirrush and some other ungodly lizard i take it back).
i can take that bish down in 10+ tops on bst
I think I've said this in another thread
But if you take over 5 minutes to kill a NM
I hate you

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-09-02 18:31:19  
I hate you

LOL Rani says hi(and she says no brews aloud)
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-09-02 18:34:44  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
MNK/WAR already has to scroll.

Oh weird - I wonder if it varies by resolution or something... I was sure I didn't have to scroll. Damnit.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-02 18:37:30  
I hate you

>implying there aren't 3 ???s in which to pop Rani
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-09-02 18:38:43  
I hate you

>implying there aren't 3 ???s in which to pop Rani

implying over a 5 minute kill is all,with that said,i hate you all!
By Entourage 2011-09-02 20:56:12  
pantokrator takes 10-15 minutes to proc/kill as the sole DD (MNK)... brewing him is shameful
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-02 21:49:05  
Entourage said: »
pantokrator takes 10-15 minutes to proc/kill as the sole DD (MNK)... brewing him is shameful

Killing 2 Pantokrators in 2 mins is nice though ;_;
 Phoenix.Pooman
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-09-02 22:15:56  
Bahamut.Serj said: »

Obviously you should spend 20-30 minutes killing those two though, because you know, you're totally wasting a brew on such an NM.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-09-03 00:51:24  
lol i didn't mean shameful as you shouldnt do it, idk why i said it really. perhaps my need to exaggerate. can brew whatever you want and as far as NMs go a NM that takes 10-15 to kill it well worthwhile. Ignore that part -.-

BUT he is a NM that takes more than 3 mins to kill
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2011-09-03 01:13:53  
Phoenix.Pooman said: »
Bahamut.Serj said: »

Obviously you should spend 20-30 minutes killing those two though, because you know, you're totally wasting a brew on such an NM.

Its a waste of a brew if you are only doing 2. And Pan is a 8 minute or less fight. Using replenish-able temp items is just so hard.
 Sylph.Elgorian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-09-03 02:04:00  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
hide
sneak attack
trick attack
steak
despoil
assassin's charge