users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blue VD-BT-CW sets
Blue VD-BT-CW sets
 Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Rokusho
By Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho 2011-08-25 11:59:30  
well i was clearing up MH and saw some equipment there and decided to update my spell sets... im on a low man abys group (6ppls) and im mostly main DD as blu/thf...

my job is to throw spike dmg in and out w/o meleein much so my gear was focus to that...

i know i can upgrade it a lil more but not bad anyway...

ok to the gear:

CW:
atmas: lion, beyond, razed (i dont have b.horn)

condition: enervation + fantod + memento + BA

VD-BT:
atmas: RR,GH,apoc (i know i can boost with SS instead of apoc but i die a lot on runs and end up zombieing stuff)

condition: all the spells were casted with: CA + Efflux + TP=150 + SA(obviously from behind) + fantod.

note1: as you can see only had 2/5 of AF+2 so i belive i didnt proc...

note2: the only part of gear im missing is loki, so i put loki since its what i belive best, but spells were casted with af1 (VD) and denali (BT)

VD

BT

CW

conclusion: i was doing testing and saw a HUGE differece on BT dmg while casted with Aias or with AF3+2 head... the 7k dmg was with aias and the 9k dmg was with AF3, thats prolly cuz i was casting with CA... but didnt saw some difference on VD with or without Aias/AF3

ok now you can start trolling and bitching ;)....
naw seriously i acept contributions....

note3: oh and btw Khanda is DA one... dont have patience to do dex/agi shamshir... almost done with almace
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-25 12:42:14  
Why use Alcide +1 over Ocelot for VD?
Attack doesnt affect spells, and Ocelot have 1 more DEX
 Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho
By Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho 2011-08-25 14:43:04  
LOL cuz im stupid... dont know why i keep forgeting of the +4 dex of ocelot... will fix that
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-25 14:47:21  
I didn't know Vanity Dive was Dex based. I need to remember this for when I start playing again.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2011-08-25 14:52:22  
Vanity Dive/Benthic: unless using chain affinity, you're better off setting for DEX/AGI respectively. My solo VD set uses Aias, and my solo Benthic set uses Empress Hairpin (stolen from my EVA set, too lazy to buy something better for AGI at the moment.. Namus Kud or whatever would be better, the AGI+7 headpiece)
 Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho
By Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho 2011-08-25 15:36:37  
yeah i posted i was using CA in both spells... if not of course i would use Aias for VD or Deiceit mask (agi + 6) for BT...
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-25 15:52:12  
I'm not sure what the point of this post is? Are you looking for suggestions? There's quite a few posts about these builds.

CW: Thunder ammo piece, strap with dex on it (pretty much anything is better than wise strap), novio, morrigan's robe, thiazi's belt, +7 dex ring obviously, maat's cap.

I won't comment on the other spells because I don't really use them much personally.