users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Alexander » shikigami weapon help
shikigami weapon help
 Titan.Neoseo
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: neoseo
By Titan.Neoseo 2009-04-16 14:44:45  
dont have hours upon hours to try and camp these rediculous nm's and i was wondering if anyone on server had ToD ?
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-04-16 15:03:37  
I don't think there's many people that would give the ToD out since it's such a sought after NM.
On the plus side, it's easy to find a rough ToD without being in the zone:
/sea RoMaeve

Do that every 30mins, you'll know when shikigami is about to pop since the zone fills up. (It's the only time there's so many people in the zone at any time usually lol ; ; )
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-16 15:06:43  
Titan player posting on Alex? Odd.
Anyway, good luck getting that, if someone knows the ToD, he/she probably will be after it again, not giving the ToD to potential competition.
 Titan.Neoseo
サーバ: Titan
user: neoseo
By Titan.Neoseo 2009-04-16 15:17:41  
i just jumped back to alexander gota fix that =X but yea figured i wouldnt get anything but hey worth a shot no
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [118 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Meglan
サーバ: Alexander
user: Meglan
By Alexander.Meglan 2009-08-12 14:11:59  
Israfel said:
I don't think there's many people that would give the ToD out since it's such a sought after NM.
On the plus side, it's easy to find a rough ToD without being in the zone:
/sea RoMaeve

Do that every 30mins, you'll know when shikigami is about to pop since the zone fills up. (It's the only time there's so many people in the zone at any time usually lol ; ; )

I got my robe a few weeks ago after returning from a two year break.

Before the break, it was easy to get his ToD by doing just what you said. Just moniter the number of people in the zone and what jobs/levels are in the zone. With a little bit of effort you would have a pretty good idea of the ToD.

Now, that method just doesn't work. There are always people in the zone and you just can't guess when the window is open based on people in the zone. You always have people that just idle there for days, you always have people doing FoV, and you always have the passer-throughs.

To make things worse (on Alexander at least), you can't even use the old method of waiting until maintenance and then guessing his window for the next week or so. Unless you personally see him die, this method is another bust. When I was camping him a few weeks ago I had it all planned out but I didn't account for him going unkilled for hours at a time. I killed him two days in a row and both times he was alive for more than an hour.

So yeah, long story short Neoseo, unless you want to stay up for potentially 21 hours, getting his ToD is really based on luck now. I only happened to get it because a few linkshell friends happened to be passing through and saw him die.