Arching Arrow Atmas/Possible Gear Setups.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Arching Arrow Atmas/Possible Gear Setups.
Arching Arrow Atmas/Possible Gear Setups.

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-16 22:18:09  
I would recommend RR/GH/Sea daughter. Yes, the crit benefits from the atmas apply to the WS. RR is necessary of course, as it is the bread and butter atma for crit. GH is amazing because you get both crit rate and a WS mod. Sea daughter is just nice for the regain, but I could see it being replaced with something else for more damage.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-16 22:30:07  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
I want to get around to crafting the higher level ammo/helping fund my friend with better ammo so I figured he would have a lot more fun actually doing something like a 5hit (dnt remember what its called) and just ws more consistently. Im sure either work just fine but for him i think drifter or SA would be better since he prefers to pew pew a lot more.

Granted Sea Daughter is no joke specially for proccing blue or a movement heavy fight but im just saying for lower tier NMs and just cruor/note farming.

I really have no solid data on how good sea daughter is overall. I have not even touched ranger since heroes came out. On that note, SA would probably be a wiser choice than drifter, as accuracy should not be a problem.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-16 22:37:52  
I would recommend GH SS RR to start off with. You can play around with stout arm if you wish, but GH SS RR is a good combo for any RNG. Note that if you do use this combo, your crit damage is capped, so don't waste spots with things like loki's kaftan, crit dmg daggers, etc.
By seiri 2011-08-16 22:46:39  
Having not played with archery too much on rng aside from staggers, anything I say is going to be 90% theory and 10% tested. That aside.

RR/GH/SD for any situation that would allow you to literally spam WSs. As you will usually get 2 ticks of regain per shot, its fully possible to 3 hit with this method - it saves you arrows, and greatly increases WS frequency.

RR/GH/stout arm. In situations where you are using rng on a top tier NM, and you cant spam WSs due to hate/tp feed/etc, this will give you the highest single WS dmg, and boost your individual shots a lot while actually building tp.

RR/GH/sanguine scythe. For slightly weaker NMs where pulling hate is less of an issue, and the NM doesn't have sky high def. The crit dmg boost from SS will up your single WS dmg and again your DoT by a great deal. The large enmity boost is a little unpleasent though.

Another possible atma would be Atma of the Burning Effigy. This is a major (30% or 40%) boost to WS damage for WSs with fire based SC properties. As arching is fusion based, it should work.

Furthermore for certain situations. Scorpion queen atma is 20stp and 10% crit rate.

Bismarck.Helel said: »
I would recommend GH SS RR to start off with. You can play around with stout arm if you wish, but GH SS RR is a good combo for any RNG. Note that if you do use this combo, your crit damage is capped, so don't waste spots with things like loki's kaftan, crit dmg daggers, etc.

Afaik crit damage cap is now +100%, or at least much higher than before. Otherwise rng's native crit boost trait and RR would already cap.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-16 22:55:00  
Doesn't burning effigy only apply to fire elemental WS? I was not aware it was based on sc properties.
By seiri 2011-08-16 22:57:56  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Doesn't burning effigy only apply to fire elemental WS? I was not aware it was based on sc properties.

¬¬ originally i thought that, but testing with wildfire proved otherwise. Kinda pissed me off, but also means it should work on physical WSs - very useful.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-16 23:09:02  
seiri said: »

¬¬ originally i thought that, but testing with wildfire proved otherwise. Kinda pissed me off, but also means it should work on physical WSs - very useful.
How does testing with wildfire prove anything about physical weaponskills? >_>
[+]
By seiri 2011-08-16 23:14:21  
seiri said: »

How does testing with wildfire prove anything about physical weaponskills? >_>

As i said - should. Wildfire is a fire based WS for the dmg itself, but the properties are dark/grav.

BG wiki also shows that its based on properties. Only downside is that the boost is a 0.2 fTP boost rather than a direct additional multiplier. Ah well, still a decent option.