フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Jin
Blade: Jin
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 13:10:37  
Okay, from what I've gathered, you guys think this would be the best set?:

Anwig Salade: +4 AGI/DEX +2%/3% WSDMG/Crit DMG; Byakko Haidate: +4% Crit DMG; Light Earring +1% Crit Rate

Crit DMG: +57%; Crit Rate(GH+RR+DEX): +84% w/ Jin's crit bnous at 100% tp(assuming 10% just for the sake of things) would make it 94%.

Only problem I see with this is low attack, which is where my other set could come in I suppose.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-13 13:12:12  
This is the only post you need in this thread:

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Rancor shits all over gorgets.
I doubt ele belt is better than this belt unless attack is capped.
And regarding the anwig, yes, unless you need the accuracy.
I belive STR/AGI wsacc/wsdmg is better than STR/DEX aswell

Also I don't believe in this SS hype unless you want e-peen points for spikes onry or want the HP.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-13 13:13:38  
Asura.Kaisuko said:

Anwig Salade: +4 AGI/DEX +2%/3% WSDMG/Crit DMG; Byakko Haidate: +4% Crit DMG; Light Earring +1% Crit Rate

Crit DMG: +57%; Crit Rate(GH+RR+DEX): +84% w/ Jin's crit bnous at 100% tp(assuming 10% just for the sake of things) would make it 94%.

Only problem I see with this is low attack, which is where my other set could come in I suppose.

switch the back to Atheling while inside abyssea
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-13 13:13:43  
Relic hands at night time might be better for inside abyssea, and not sure but heafoc might be acceptable during day, because although dex is a mod, the str probably outweighs it due to ddex being capped anyways
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-13 13:18:15  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Iga tekko +2 < af1+1 gloves for jin. :(
no
Edit: ignore me, I reversed that less-than symbol in my brain.
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Iga body +2 > lokis for jin.
yes

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Iga cape is horrible inside abyssea, atheling always.
Highly dependent on your attack. If attack is capped or near capped, iga back easily beats atheling.

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Ample gloves are pretty much inventory -1 :/
Best jin gloves if you don't have AF1+1

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Iga +2 feet > Lithe boots > those weird as hell boots you have for jin.
Also dependent on attack

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Anwig salade with ws dmg +2% > aias bonnet.
Yes, but I use my anwig for something else.

Sylph.Kiaru said:
SS > GH for pure DPS, GH is for kannagi owners, SS is for non-kannagi.
Even if SS beats GH, it will be by a very small margin. The added utility of +50 AGI and +10 counter should make up for that in almost any circumstance. This is a very tough argument, and either choice has its uses.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-13 13:18:28  
Asura.Kaisuko said:

Atheling wins over AF3 back inside abyssea, Cruor buffs and RR's DEX should let you use Heafoc mitts (I WS in heafoc) against most things assuming you're not hurting for acc. I don't have AF3+2 body but I think with the high crit rate and such inside abyssea Loki's would win over it. (You're using GH+RR)
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 13:23:42  
Thank you for the input guys^^
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-13 13:26:57  
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Well, you can say what you want but not getting Hi at least means you don't care about the job itself much, IMO.
Hi helps a great deal with tanking and with Kannagi even more so.
The WoE version you can solo 100% (well, with help of your NPC for the last VNM) so it's just being lazy if you don't have to means to do Kannagi.

That being said, neither of the weapons that offer Hi are required in order to tank successfully but it makes fights and the accumulation of hate take longer.

At least the OP is trying to optimize Jin in order to make to most of this weaker WS. But it's obvious that this is only the easy way out and only a minor tweak.
I don't see that as fair to make that accusation. You may as well say everyone should have every emp possible if they're able to use it. But aside from that, I'm not gunna waste my time getting the WoE version, sure it would still beat Jin, but if I'm going to put time into it I'm going to get Kannagi. lol
Well, I suggest reading my post again, since you obviously didn't and only took the "bad" things out of it.
Nowhere did I say that Hi or Kannagi are nessesary.
But ppl who don't want to work towards improving their jobs (and pushing mediocre WS' to their limits is certainly not much of an improvement) simply are too lazy to invest time on that particular job. And this is not an accusation but a fact. If you want something, you work on it. If you don't want to be better, you don't care.
All this is fine, not everyone has to like every job

Optimizing Jin is indeed not a bad idea but it doesn't mean that you like the job enough to make it better.
If NIN isn't your main and you don't want to play it right, that's totally fine with me, just don't get hurt when ppl tell you that using Jin is no acceptable solution if you want to play the job seriously.

I've done 5 WoE weapons because I didn't have the means to do the real ones, just as I did most of the Nyzul WS I needed/wanted between floor 20-40, as well as all the WSNMs I could do for my jobs.
And all this, because I wanted to have those WS, because I wanted to not only be on those jobs but because I wanted to play them as well as I could.

If Jin wasn't a crit WS and there weren't all those crit atmas, you would have no chance whatsoever in tanking. Just keep that in mind.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-13 13:32:05  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
SS > GH for pure DPS, GH is for kannagi owners, SS is for non-kannagi.
Even if SS beats GH, it will be by a very small margin. The added utility of +50 AGI and +10 counter should make up for that in almost any circumstance. This is a very tough argument, and either choice has its uses.
I agree with GH generally being more useful than SS, even if SS offers some more dmg output.
Generally, AGI helps you way more with tanking, due to the eva/parry/subtle blow you gain.
NIN isn't all about DDing but it's a tank job.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 13:42:29  
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Well, you can say what you want but not getting Hi at least means you don't care about the job itself much, IMO.
Hi helps a great deal with tanking and with Kannagi even more so.
The WoE version you can solo 100% (well, with help of your NPC for the last VNM) so it's just being lazy if you don't have to means to do Kannagi.

That being said, neither of the weapons that offer Hi are required in order to tank successfully but it makes fights and the accumulation of hate take longer.

At least the OP is trying to optimize Jin in order to make to most of this weaker WS. But it's obvious that this is only the easy way out and only a minor tweak.
I don't see that as fair to make that accusation. You may as well say everyone should have every emp possible if they're able to use it. But aside from that, I'm not gunna waste my time getting the WoE version, sure it would still beat Jin, but if I'm going to put time into it I'm going to get Kannagi. lol
Well, I suggest reading my post again, since you obviously didn't and only took the "bad" things out of it.
But ppl who don't want to work towards improving their jobs (and pushing mediocre WS' to their limits is certainly not much of an improvement) simply are too lazy to invest time on that particular job. And this is not an accusation but a fact. If you want something, you work on it. If you don't want to be better, you don't care.

Optimizing Jin is indeed not a bad idea but it doesn't mean that you like the job enough to make it better.
If NIN isn't your main and you don't want to play it right, that's totally fine with me, just don't get hurt when ppl tell you that using Jin is no acceptable solution if you want to play the job seriously.

I've done 5 WoE weapons because I didn't have the means to do the real ones, just as I did most of the Nyzul WS I needed/wanted between floor 20-40, as well as all the WSNMs I could do for my jobs.
And all this, because I wanted to have those WS, because I wanted to not only be on those jobs but because I wanted to play them as well as I could.

If Jin wasn't a crit WS and there weren't all those crit atmas, you would have no chance whatsoever in tanking. Just keep that in mind.
It is an accusation though when you say I must be lazy if I like the job, but don't have Hi, or that I just don't like the job enough. Nin is one of my favorite jobs, but the only time I'm on it is outside of events(mainly solo) and I don't feel that the time working on WoE is worth the outcome, and maybe it is, but I'm not here looking for someone to sway me the other way. As for Kanaagi, I'm far down on the list of getting another emp sadly, but even so, I plan on working on something else most likely when the time comes.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-13 13:42:52  

If Blade: Hi wasn't a crit WS and there weren't all those crit atmas, would you stand a chance whatsoever in tanking?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-13 13:48:37  

It's hard not to when it's chock full of passive-aggressive insults

But ppl who don't want to work towards improving their jobs (and pushing mediocre WS' to their limits is certainly not much of an improvement) simply are too lazy to invest time on that particular job.
All of a sudden, people who are trying to use ninja as a means of improving a different job are lazy.

And this is not an accusation but a fact. If you want something, you work on it. If you don't want to be better, you don't care.
Chief, all we're looking for is a means of bettering our ninja in 10~20 seconds of macro changing so we can finish making our ukonvasaras so we can stop going ninja, ok? ok

I'm really getting amused at your obvious ability to read our minds/feelings about a job, please, tell us more about ourselves.

If NIN isn't your main and you don't want to play it right,
>implying that there's one way to play a job, please just openly express your hatred of non-kannagi nins and quit trying to subtly insult people prioritizing other things

that's totally fine with me, just don't get hurt when ppl tell you that using Jin is no acceptable solution if you want to play the job seriously.
I'm playing my ninja for the intended purpose of defeating the monster I've engaged while attaining the desired procs, so long as I'm able to do that, I personally would consider myself as having taken the job seriously.

If Hi wasn't a crit WS and there weren't all those crit atmas, you'd be down ***creek without a paddle too, what's your point?
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-13 13:51:13  
Asura.Kaisuko said:
wtf needs a Kannagi when I ***on the entire world with my ukon

that should be your response to this thread
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 13:52:40  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
wtf needs a Kannagi when I ***on the entire world with my ukon

that should be your response to this thread
Hahaha xD
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-13 13:57:03  
Hi is Jin+1. It's not game-changing, it's just a nice damage boost. If you are serious about nin, you would maximize your potential at all times (even before you finish kannagi, in other words). It's absolutely silly to not gear your current WS properly just because it's not the best WS.

I took the time to research and figure out what I thought would work best for Jin, I am also working on Kannagi.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-13 13:57:45  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Hi is Jin+1. It's not game-changing, it's just a nice damage boost. If you are serious about nin, you would maximize your potential at all times (even before you finish kannagi, in other words). It's absolutely silly to not gear your current WS properly just because it's not the best WS.

I took the time to research and figure out what I thought would work best for Jin, I am also working on Kannagi.
YOU'RE SO LAZY FOR DOING THAT RESEARCH

GAWD
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 14:01:08  
Who needs research when you got these guys? :P
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-13 14:41:43  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:

It's hard not to when it's chock full of passive-aggressive insults

But ppl who don't want to work towards improving their jobs (and pushing mediocre WS' to their limits is certainly not much of an improvement) simply are too lazy to invest time on that particular job.
All of a sudden, people who are trying to use ninja as a means of improving a different job are lazy.

And this is not an accusation but a fact. If you want something, you work on it. If you don't want to be better, you don't care.
Chief, all we're looking for is a means of bettering our ninja in 10~20 seconds of macro changing so we can finish making our ukonvasaras so we can stop going ninja, ok? ok

I'm really getting amused at your obvious ability to read our minds/feelings about a job, please, tell us more about ourselves.

If NIN isn't your main and you don't want to play it right,
>implying that there's one way to play a job, please just openly express your hatred of non-kannagi nins and quit trying to subtly insult people prioritizing other things

that's totally fine with me, just don't get hurt when ppl tell you that using Jin is no acceptable solution if you want to play the job seriously.
I'm playing my ninja for the intended purpose of defeating the monster I've engaged while attaining the desired procs, so long as I'm able to do that, I personally would consider myself as having taken the job seriously.

If Hi wasn't a crit WS and there weren't all those crit atmas, you'd be down ***creek without a paddle too, what's your point?
You did nothing else but supporting my point. You don't like NIN at all but only use it to achieve other goals.
I hope you realize your own fail in trying to argue your way out of that.

And besides, you, obviously, also aren't capable of reading posts in their entirety because I did say (multiple times) that having Hi or even Kannagi isn't nessesary for anything.
And feeling attacked by such statements only means that you either thought you were doing it right and evidentally weren't. Or you're plain stupid.

Lazy is lazy, if you don't want to at least get basic things done for a job, it's just that.

I never said that I blame anyone for that either, I don't gear all my jobs as best as I could either.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-13 14:43:32  
Phoenix.Kirana said:

Absolutely agree with that and pretty much sums it up.
By Otomis 2011-08-13 15:55:42  
Phoenix.Kirana said:

2nd the agreement!

Jin can still put out about 2k outside aby and 3-4k inside. while Hi will give about 2k outside and 4-5k inside. The real advatage to Hi out side aby I have noticed is the aftermath effect. Although I find both WS to be useful.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-08-15 18:47:03  
Otomis said: »
Phoenix.Kirana said:

2nd the agreement!

Jin can still put out about 2k outside aby and 3-4k inside. while Hi will give about 2k outside and 4-5k inside. The real advatage to Hi out side aby I have noticed is the aftermath effect. Although I find both WS to be useful.

This should have been noted since the beginning. It's the only real benefit to having Kannagi when it comes to outside situations. To stay on topic, I've easily dropped consistent 1200~1700 Jins outside, using a similar aforementioned Jin set posted earlier in this thread.

As a NIN you *don't* really need Kannagi to be a career NIN, though it's definitely a step up.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-08-19 06:28:31  
Otomis said: »
Phoenix.Kirana said:

2nd the agreement!

Some ppl are doing 7k+ on jin and 9-10k on Hi inside abyssea, without brew (spike dmg of course not average).
No Jin doesn't suck and let a nin able to solo a lot of NMs, but Hi is obviously better in terms of DPS. However having Hi doesn't make the ninja.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-19 10:55:38  
7K+ Jin on what? Bogs?
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-08-19 11:24:57  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said: »
7K+ Jin on what? Bogs?

lol, i should ask but i didn't find it impossible considering that i spiked 5k+ (not on bogs) and i'm not perfectly geared.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-19 12:06:25  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Some ppl are doing 7k+ on jin and 9-10k on Hi inside abyssea, without brew (spike dmg of course not average).
No Jin doesn't suck and let a nin able to solo a lot of NMs, but Hi is obviously better in terms of DPS. However having Hi doesn't make the ninja.
Those are the infos that count.
Whether or not some lucky WS did 20k dmg, is irrelevant. Spike dmg is worth absolutely nothing if you're doing 1k dmg the rest of the time.
lol, i should ask but i didn't find it impossible considering that i spiked 5k+ (not on bogs) and i'm not perfectly geared.
Implying that gear matters much in Abyssea? xD
One Atma usually adds 2-3 times the stats you could add in gear, making the gain from your gear sets very little, compared to 3 atmas.

The only thing that matters is WS dmg+, crit dmg+ and DA/TA/QA to stroke your epeen.
It's not against you but reading all the dmg something can do once every 1000 WS, is making me sick. Like it would tell you anything about the qualities of something.
It's like stating that someone went 1/1 on Kraken Club.

On topic though.. A good Jin (supported mainly by atmas) is ok for NIN in Abyssea but it will always only be 2nd best. If you don't care, neither do I. But if you want to improve, start getting a new WS, other than pimping out a bad one.

Outside of Abyssea gear becomes more relevant anyway, obviously.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-19 15:57:53  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said: »
7K+ Jin on what? Bogs?

yea I think 5kish was the highest spikes I remember from Jin and it was maybe once or twice don't remember the mob at all, 7K just seemed kinda high to me
 Cerberus.Kadia
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2011-09-01 10:38:38  

this is my current Jin set. obvious upgrade would be zukin +2 to aias bonnet. doing some limbus for ninja tekko +1. any other upgrades i should be looking into?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-01 10:53:37  
Cerberus.Kadia said: »

this is my current Jin set. obvious upgrade would be zukin +2 to aias bonnet. doing some limbus for ninja tekko +1. any other upgrades i should be looking into?
Epona's over DEX ring, replace your Iga Tekko with relic hands +1 hands at night, or heafoc for now, and obviously try to augment your byakko's accordingly. Loki's might be better inside abyssea assuming gh/rr/apoc. And then yeah, aias bonnet
 Bahamut.Aramachus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2011-09-01 10:55:06  
Carbuncle.Grandthief said: »
Those are the infos that count.
Whether or not some lucky WS did 20k dmg, is irrelevant. Spike dmg is worth absolutely nothing if you're doing 1k dmg the rest of the time.

Implying that gear matters much in Abyssea? xD
One Atma usually adds 2-3 times the stats you could add in gear, making the gain from your gear sets very little, compared to 3 atmas.

The only thing that matters is WS dmg+, crit dmg+ and DA/TA/QA to stroke your epeen.
It's not against you but reading all the dmg something can do once every 1000 WS, is making me sick. Like it would tell you anything about the qualities of something.
It's like stating that someone went 1/1 on Kraken Club.

On topic though.. A good Jin (supported mainly by atmas) is ok for NIN in Abyssea but it will always only be 2nd best. If you don't care, neither do I. But if you want to improve, start getting a new WS, other than pimping out a bad one.

Outside of Abyssea gear becomes more relevant anyway, obviously.

thats just so true, but its always the same in these forums. people talk about spike damage and sell it like it was what they could do on a regular basis. also the definition of good gear and bad gear differs a lot, adding that no one ever mentions if he or she uses any temp items or not. sure in abyssea you have stalwarts and champions most of the times when youre farming TE, yet I would not just include it in any ws number I post unless talking about spike damage records. without temp items, just atma gear abyssea buffs so kinda a solo situation the highest ive done on jin was about 4k, average Id say 2k but cant give much about average estimations I know that and thats only the usual EP-EM mobs, most of the times around abyssea konschtat when trying to farm gold chests solo.