users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: To brew
Blade: To brew
 Siren.Shihan
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-09-29 10:11:09  
Also Martial weapons only work in main hand. TP+100 works in off hand though.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-29 10:13:05  
Cerberus.Wojo said: »
Ah yah that is how i got confused. Now i'm wondering what weaponskills has to do with blackmage. Or are you refering to specific skillchains for Magic Burst. (which has been a dead concept for i think 4 years?)
If you were a good blm you would be able to predict a skillchain and plan accordingly from weaponskills used by dds as they run in or are performed from a distance from jobs such as RNG, a pretty beneficial boon to voidwatch where after 50% you want the mob dead fast.
But if your blm is too busy being hung up on the mystery that is weaponskill properties then it may seem like a far too perplexing topic for you, as you're probably too busy wondering why the nin isn't using atma of the cosmos to boost his blade: hi.
By Vudoku 2011-09-29 10:23:04  
JOB: THF/NIN
WEAPON:Trainee Burin (DO NOT EQUIP SECOND WEAPON)
GEAR ESSENTIALS: Loki's Kaftan,Raid. Armlets +2, Qirmiz Tathlum,
Cavaros Mantle, can add elemental belt/neck.
ATMA'S: UNDYING, BEYOND, RR
Need voker and (true) sata partner, stun member for mobs that cast magic at start is always a plus. Can kill rani <84%. Only mob this doesn't work on that I know of is isgebind (dragua?). With a good team Ive seen 14 Azdaja's go down. This is a one shot kill and if mob isnt turned or moved during SATA.
 Cerberus.Wojo
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-29 10:23:20  
I know the difference between a physical weaponskill and a magical one lol - but predicting a magic burst on BLM seems to have diminishing returns.

Casting weaker spells for a chance to magic burst? "Welp , looks like they're using earth aligned weaponskills, better get stonaja ready" - has never crossed a BLMs mind, ever.

*edit* - not in the last 4 years.
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-29 10:27:32  
Vudoku said: »
JOB: THF/NIN
WEAPON:Trainee Burin (DO NOT EQUIP SECOND WEAPON)
GEAR ESSENTIALS: Loki's Kaftan,Raid. Armlets +2, Qirmiz Tathlum,
Cavaros Mantle, can add elemental belt/neck.
ATMA'S: UNDYING, BEYOND, RR
Need voker and (true) sata partner, stun member for mobs that cast magic at start is always a plus. Can kill rani <84%. Only mob this doesn't work on that I know of is isgebind (dragua?). With a good team Ive seen 14 Azdaja's go down. This is a one shot kill and if mob isnt turned or moved during SATA.

Mind=blown
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-29 10:41:09  
I know the difference between a physical weaponskill and a magical one lol - but predicting a magic burst on BLM seems to have diminishing returns.

Casting weaker spells for a chance to magic burst? "Welp , looks like they're using earth aligned weaponskills, better get stonaja ready" - has never crossed a BLMs mind, ever.

Yeah, pretty sure that all of those scission skillchains are pretty daunting.
oh
wait
no
that's right
there's multiple elements to each respectable skillchain
huh
What a crazy world huh?
If you're in voidwatch where magic bursting actually matters, your dds will hopefully have empyreans, and if they have empyreans, they'll be predominately creating either light or darkness skillchains, but to be in the dark as to which weaponskills with create what with each other is just blatant ignorance.
Your attempt to rationalize not learning an aspect of one of your jobs is just laziness, and honestly it makes you look like a slob. (Not that confusing magical weaponskill elemental damage with skillchain properties wasn't already enough to do that)
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-29 11:53:05  
Now you just come off as elitist, Remember, "Good players" are the worst players to interact with.

Thanks for sharing your opinion though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-09-29 11:56:15  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Beyond/Ultimate/Beyond
:O Teach me how
mad skills man. mad skills.

sorry, meant Beyond/Ultimate/Smiting Blow. and yes, i said /war with only 1 MAB katana. the 1 katana activates fencer, which kicks in the TP+40, for about 240-250TP Blade: To.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-29 12:00:38  
I don't think that means what you think it means.

Quote:

Wanna bet?

Now you just come off as elitist, Remember, "Good players" are the worst players to interact with.

Quit while you're behind.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-29 12:16:59  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

You're right, this conversation has just put a lot of things in perspective. If you put this much effort into high school, you could have graduated! Maybe not with decent grades, but ***at least you'd have a half-decent job!

Just imagine the possibilities.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-09-29 12:18:30  
rly?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-29 12:37:42  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

You're right, this conversation has just put a lot of things in perspective. If you put this much effort into high school, you could have graduated! Maybe not with decent grades, but ***at least you'd have a half-decent job!

Just imagine the possibilities.
Okay... so you're so upset about this that you're not only getting defensive and making things worse for yourself, you're going to start making RL attacks? Bad idea, even if any of your accusations were true. Should've taken my advice. Thanks for the laugh though.
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-29 12:41:51  
I am sorry. I come to the forums to learn and share ideas like everyone else. Apparently that means being insulted, RL or otherwise.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-29 12:46:54  
I am sorry. I come to the forums to learn and share ideas like everyone else. Apparently that means being insulted, RL or otherwise.
One last time: move on. Playing the victim while making personal attacks doesn't work, especially after you lashed out at me when I had in no way insulted you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-29 13:09:16  
Oh my goodness, this is rich. (・◇・)/~~~
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-29 13:31:23  
Nice face Nini! I can do those from my phone nao.

(=´∀`)人(´∀`=)
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-29 13:32:47  

Am I dreaming or was this really said?
 Leviathan.Rizwaan
By Leviathan.Rizwaan 2011-09-29 13:45:43  
hey draylo nice fail on that Illbrann few nights ago, i liked the part where you just stood in the back and watched your alliance die hah... lol best ls.. my ***.
 Leviathan.Rizwaan
By Leviathan.Rizwaan 2011-09-29 13:46:34  
oops typo error: Illbrann = Illdebrann. :o
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-09-29 13:46:49  
Leviathan.Rizwaan said: »
hey draylo nice fail on that Illbrann few nights ago, i liked the part where you just stood in the back and watched your alliance die hah... lol best ls.. my ***.

A challenger appears?
[+]
 Phoenix.Radatz
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Radatz
By Phoenix.Radatz 2011-09-29 13:52:22  
ok guys keep the fight as dirty as possible. pull no punches and aim for the groin.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-29 14:04:32  
Leviathan.Rizwaan said: »
sure i'll throw in another jab. hey dray plz don't get my posts deleted i'm beggin you not to. heh.

Stop being such a tool.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-29 14:07:22  
I wouldn't even bother responding to him, he isn't worth the effort at all lol.
 Leviathan.Rizwaan
By Leviathan.Rizwaan 2011-09-29 14:12:08  
^^nope i'm not.
 Leviathan.Rizwaan
By Leviathan.Rizwaan 2011-09-29 14:23:00  
@ flionheart the only thing you got going for you in this game are the items in your bazaar gl with that. Also plz don't bring irl in this convo. you seem like one of those ppl that would do that. also for those of you like Flion who just say random ***and don't know about the situation at all. this is what happend, i posted a picture up and draylo took offense to it...took soo much offense to it, said some pretty stupid ***like saying his ls was better, and then getting it deleted it was a pretty good pic gdi. lmao this is fun.
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-09-29 14:28:52  
lol

I like this guy
By Zeyphr 2011-09-29 14:31:01  
Fenrir.Captaincrunch said: »
lol

I like this guy
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok