users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC cleave
DNC cleave
 Asura.Jadecc
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-09 17:17:56  
i read in another thread that dnc can 'cleave'.

I was wondering what atmas? what -pdt gear? what subjob? etc

I'm this close to lvling blu or war just to cleave but if my already lvld dnc can do it i'd rather not lvl up/gear another job.

any advice on this matter is appreciated
By SilverTalon 2011-08-09 17:19:21  
Asura.Jadecc said:
i read in another thread that dnc can 'cleave'. I was wondering what atmas? what -pdt gear? what subjob? etc I'm this close to lvling blu or war just to cleave but if my already lvld dnc can do it i'd rather not lvl up/gear another job. any advice on this matter is appreciated
Read up on all the Aeolian Edge threads you can find, they should have all the answers your looking for ^^
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-08-09 17:21:28  
While I don't know for sure, my guess would be this.

Atma of gales/Smiting Blow/Ultimate. Use Aeolian edge, and should get decent damage. I would suspect you will need a healer, but maybe not. Have PDT gear/move speed for your pull, and then MAB/Stat mods for WS. For best damage /RDM usually is best, also can get a gimpy phalanx while you are at it.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 17:21:48  
I use gales, ultimate, and baying moon for atmas, I pull in evasion/pdt mix, and sub sam. I generally pull with 300 TP, and do a sekkanoki AE > AE > and then another after I get more TP. Usually can get an ISL between pulls to give TP, and if you have to, use trance waltz 5s and ISL will fix that up too.
 Asura.Jadecc
サーバ: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-11 16:03:55  
sounds good, do you use fan dance? do you have no foot rise fully merited? ISL would bring No foot rise back as well.. would allow for an extra ws i guess. Do you use mab gear for AE? like moldy ring etc, or int gear? or just normal gear?

edit: would Hell's guardian be better than baying moon?
mab+50 vs +30, or does the attack bonus from baying moon help AE alot as well?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-11 21:35:42  
Yes, Hell's Guardian would be better than Baying Moon and use Fan Dance.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-09-21 02:38:45  
How I Edge Burn:

Prime pieces you Need to do this effectively!

Atmas:

Gales
Baying Moon
+some kind of regain atma, I'd recommend Sea Daughter.

Gear:

Fusetto+2 with tp bonus+100
Martial knife.

Mainhand knife and offhand Fusetto.

As for gear, the main pieces are some matt stuff and int stuff. Crour buffs should get you close to cap on fInt, so get Matt wherever you can. The newish wind attack+ hairpin is *** gold here.

Go dnc/sam and get yourself a red mage or white mage to keep you alive. Honestly Sea Daughter's insane regen + Phalanx is enough to stay alive.

The cycle is pretty straightforward. Let your tp regain up whilst pulling a bunch of mobs to camp.

Sekkanekio, build up 5 finishes (should NFR'd before leaving camp before pull so you presto->step and boom 5/5) and then drop your meds for matt+

Using sekka +meditate +reverse flourish with af3+2 hands should net you 3-4 back to back aeolian edges. Pick off the remaining almost dead mobs for pearl and you're done.

Bonus: Get yourself the wind belt and a sch friend to give you wind weather for faster kills!

Honestly the edging itself is so easy; as long as you don't get more than you can handle you can't fail. All the real skill lies in your healer keeping you alive. The edge burn portion of it consists of spamming AE and trusting your healer.
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-09-21 09:06:42  
Baying Moon isn't really a prime piece that you *need*.
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-21 09:14:46  
What's the reasoning in baying moon over ultimate?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-21 09:39:28  
he maybe don't have it
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-21 09:54:28  
He didn't mention it because he uses it instead of a regain Atma, because using a regain Atma in that situation is dumb.

Also, anyone /SCH can give you Windstorm and most of the things he listed are non-essential.

The real confusion is why he's posting this more than half a year after DNC Aeolian Edge burning was pretty much entirely worked out.