Fishing Guild

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing guild
Fishing guild
By Greever 2011-08-07 16:06:14  
I was under the impression that i could join the fishermen's guild along with being part of the woodworking guild. But i got the same message to cancle the woodworking guild to sign up for the fishing guild.

I want to join the fishermen guild...but i have over 160k guild points with the woodworking guild which i dont want to lose (still working towards the sign post). And i would rather not switch guilds because of potential updates to crafting.

Am i doomed to never have an ebisu? or will i have to constantly switch guilds?

Edit:

ok gonna switch up my question a bit.

is there a priority to obtaining fishing guild items? i know first on my list will be the serpent rumors and mooching. But are the furnishings really that important?

i know they give + skill with the mogenhancement/mooglification. But i already have the woodworking one and rather not shuffle around furnishings just for a bit of skill. I do plan on getting the apron and waders for the extra skill.

I know it will take me months of guild points just for the rumors, mooching, apron and waders...but i also wanted to build up a stock pile of woodworking guild points incase they add any more guild items
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-07 16:08:35  
Just hurry up and finish up those guild points in WW'ing so you can work on fishing :)
By Powerslave 2011-08-07 16:09:19  
You can't collect guild points for two guilds at once, so yes, you'd have to give up any other gp that you've collected to start collecting gp for another craft.
By Greever 2011-08-07 16:18:32  
Powerslave said:
You can't collect guild points for two guilds at once, so yes, you'd have to give up any other gp that you've collected to start collecting gp for another craft.

dude....i love ur avatar lol
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-08-07 16:24:15  
why would you want mooching
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-08-07 16:27:58  
Greever said:
I was under the impression that i could join the fishermen's guild along with being part of the woodworking guild.
You were mistaken, sorry. One at a time.

Greever said:
I want to join the fishermen guild...but i have over 160k guild points with the woodworking guild which i dont want to lose (still working towards the sign post).
Get your sign, 40k shouldn't take too too long if you actually work on it.

Greever said:

Finish your sign, then switch to the Fishing guild and get w/e items you want from there.

Greever said:
is there a priority to obtaining fishing guild items? i know first on my list will be the serpent rumors and mooching. But are the furnishings really that important?
I went rumours > Apron (Smock) > mooching/Waders. I prefer to have my furnishings set up for cooking megamoghancement.

Greever said:
i also wanted to build up a stock pile of woodworking guild points incase they add any more guild items
Don't bother until you are done with everything you need from the fishing guild imo. Who knows if they will add anything else. The more likely scenario is they'll let you get another craft to lvl 100, and you'll wanna switch to w/e craft you can pair up with woodworking @100.
By Greever 2011-08-08 09:59:05  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Greever said:
I was under the impression that i could join the fishermen's guild along with being part of the woodworking guild.
You were mistaken, sorry. One at a time.

Greever said:
I want to join the fishermen guild...but i have over 160k guild points with the woodworking guild which i dont want to lose (still working towards the sign post).
Get your sign, 40k shouldn't take too too long if you actually work on it.

Greever said:

Finish your sign, then switch to the Fishing guild and get w/e items you want from there.

Greever said:
I went rumours > Apron (Smock) > mooching/Waders. I prefer to have my furnishings set up for cooking megamoghancement.

Greever said:
i also wanted to build up a stock pile of woodworking guild points incase they add any more guild items
Don't bother until you are done with everything you need from the fishing guild imo. Who knows if they will add anything else. The more likely scenario is they'll let you get another craft to lvl 100, and you'll wanna switch to w/e craft you can pair up with woodworking @100.

Thanks for the info everyone.