users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » RMT operation in Bastok Mines
RMT operation in Bastok Mines
 Siren.Antigod
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2009-04-14 22:39:58  
OK, I don't know if this is going on in every server, but this is happening 24/7 on Siren. Several characters with either no gear or lv1 RSE, no linkshells, and names that are just a combination of random letters are acting suspicious... downright unnatural. They login in Bastok Mines, they run to Proud Beard (the npc that you can sell things to,) then they run to Leonie (the npc that stands just south of the Bastok Mines mog house,) then they either run back inside the mog house or just disappear while standing up. (Is that the npc that you trade the adventurer coupon to to get 50 gil?.. I can't remember.. It has been so long..) The same characters are doing this all day, every day.. without stopping.. day and night.. almost like people are controlling the characters in shifts.. I have noticed this happen for the past few months, and would like to know if the same thing is happening on your server. Here are the names of the ones that I have observed on Siren:

Abcabc
Asada
Cgdi
Cgdn
Dkgjlkdjg
Dklgjldjg
Dlkgjdsalg
Dsjgkljdgk
Dsgjkldsjag
Gdhfhj
Ghjjkk
Ghjjkko
Ghjka
Ghjkc
Ghjkg
Ghjkh
Ghjkj
Gsdrehr
Hfjhfl
Hgba
Hsrtrj
Japoo
Jdjg
Jdlkgjdljg
Jdlkjg
Jdskgjd
Jfdklgjda
Jfkdljg
Jkldssg
Jkljggd
Jlkjfds
Kjhgo
Lkdjgkdjg
Nnjja
Ooma
Oomb
Oomc
Poiuyp
Pusaa
Sesea
Tyuig
Tyuin
Tyuip
Wetck
Whhm
Wrra
Xwlp
Yaliee
Ynna
Zxcvbbi

(I am editing this first post as I observe more falling under the same pattern.)
(Names marked in bold seem to be the main ones.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-14 22:45:29  
I assume they're just constantly creating/deleting new chars, then selling what's sellable on a new character (Prolly the 5 RSE pieces and the weapon). Leonie is the NPC in Mines that lets you enter another players Mog House. They were probably in a party with the 'Main' RMT and going in their MH to pass off the gil so they can delete that char and start the process over. I see it alot in Bastok Mines on Bahamut also.
 Bahamut.Sendrethol
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sendrethol 2009-04-14 22:45:36  
Making the world crappy..... 50 gil at a time.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-14 22:49:35  
lol, this was mentioned in another thread at one point
 Siren.Antigod
By Siren.Antigod 2009-04-14 22:50:22  
OK, that is why they disappear while standing up.. They are zoning into the main rmt's house from that npc.. I have noticed that they slow their operation down a tad if you /check them a few times each and stand near or directly on Leonie. Who are we "officially" supposed to report this to? I mean, specifically.. how do I report this? I've never reported anything before.. but, I've never seen anything this out in the open before.
[+]
 Kujata.Gooby
サーバ: Kujata
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-04-14 22:57:28  
Can't NPC any of that gear.

What they do is NPC the following:
# A bunch of Sharug Greens
# A bunch of Azouph Greens
# A clump of Tokopekko Wildgrass
# A clump of Garidav Wildgrass

..over and over again, which I assume they get from chocobucks for free.

They only started to use the party mog house thing recently since people would spam trade on them when doing their transactions outside mog house.
 Siren.Antigod
By Siren.Antigod 2009-04-14 23:25:39  
I'm still getting more names.. I'm absolutely amazed at how many there are. I'm also keeping tabs on /sea of who is in the zone and who is in a party or is leading a party.. It shouldn't bee too hard to narrow down exactly who is involved that isn't running around being noticed.. but.. what do I do with all of this info? How exactly do I send this info to the special task force unit?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-14 23:27:55  
go to playonline.com and poke around. or call a gm asking how to send it ot them. lol
 Kujata.Gooby
サーバ: Kujata
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-04-14 23:31:45  
Report any RMT related activity to the Special Task force directly at:
https://secure.playonline.com/polapps/s/com.pol.mf.Dp?fn=form_01&mf=c08_stt_rmt&polg_loc=en

You can simply state that these people are collecting gil through said method, sending it to certain mules and then RMTing it. They should further investigate this method and leave it up to them.

There's a bunch of them currently doing this on Kujata right now.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-04-14 23:41:00  
Best way to report RMT activity is directly to the Special Task Force themselves. Calling a GM wont always work, since the GM team and the STF are not in direct communication with each other.

To report directly to the STF, visit the POL Service and Support center at the following link: https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index.html

Scroll down and click on "Email Support"
Click "Report to Special Task Force" and follow the on-screen instructions to send any info you have directly to them.

They'll review your email, and do what they can about it. It's completely anonymous, and you will get no reply email. Only downside is that you wont be informed if they do anything with the information you sent them. But it's all you can do, and trust me when I say they are doing what they can. (I've utilized this for RMT miners in Mount Zhaolym... it's cut down the RMT population there to almost zero over the course of a month or two.)
 Siren.Antigod
By Siren.Antigod 2009-04-14 23:43:11  
OK, thanks.

I think I've gotten their attention.. because I /check every one to have their name captured in text on my screen, and to record the frequency of their appearances.. They have slowed down a bit, and now Asada, Nnjja, Sesea, and Wrra have stopped running around and are standing five feet away from me watching me now.. lol.. I guess they are waiting till I get tired and leave the zone so they can go back at it full steam
[+]
 Siren.Antigod
By Siren.Antigod 2009-04-15 12:19:07  
Sesea and Nnjja are still going at it after I went to bed and woke up. The others have either been logged out or deleted. I posted links to this topic and an edited version on Killing Ifrit, Blue Gartr, Sirenffxi.com and Allakhazam. Hopefully this will draw attention to the phenomenon, and thus, more complaints to the special task force unit.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-15 12:22:17  
Hmm...how effective is this...
*creates 500 mules*
 Alexander.Nemuwe
サーバ: Alexander
user: Nemuwe
By Alexander.Nemuwe 2009-04-15 15:44:57  
It's been going on for quite some time.I've reported a huge list of the RMT's to the Special Task Force on several occassions and the same ones keep coming back.One day I was in Port Bastok when I noticed something.I figured out what they're doing.
1:Someone makes a regular account.They strip off all starter RSE gear.These are (what I call)the "leaders".The "leaders" are usually a different job lvl 1.
2:They use the 14-day free trial and make characters over and over.These "starters" have their starter RSE gear on.They also start out as warrior (do /sea all Bastok Mines and you will see).I think they start out as warrior because warrior gets the Onion Sword which sells for more gil than the other Onion weapons.
3: The "leaders" stand outside the MH in all parts of town and wait for the "starters".The "starters" then trade the onion weapons to the "leaders".
4:After the "leaders" fill up their gobbie bag, they go into the MH and either drop off the weapons in the Mog Safe or trade them to other RMT's via the MH visitation system.
5:More "starters" are made and then they interact with Proud Beard and sell the items.
6:Some of the "leaders" can be seen standing by the delivery box npc at the bottom of the steps at the AH.They probably send gil to buyers or to the "leaders".
7:Someone told me that they tried to trade with the RMT's just to see what would happen and they traded Wildgrass to them so they might be selling those too.
The only way to stop it is if SE gets rid of the 14-day free trial.And really they can't do anything about people starting over on one account as many times as they want because its not illegal activity.But selling gil is.That and RMT's have a complex system of account>account>account>account and they switch hands constantly.
 Sylph.Linkk
サーバ: Sylph
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2009-04-15 16:10:20  
SE could simply lower the amount of gil you get back from the npc from these items or make the items rare/ex or you can only trade npcs after being in FF for 15 days. One day over the 14 day free trial lol. That would put a halt to this activity. I am sure the rmts would come up with something else but it looks like they are getting desperate which is a good sign lol.