Song Spellcasting Time Cap?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Song spellcasting time cap?
Song spellcasting time cap?
 Sylph.Hyphy
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hyphy
By Sylph.Hyphy 2012-01-29 16:21:07  
Quick question, The ToM staffs with "Affinity: Casting Time -12%" does this affect brd songs. For example March is thunder would the Apamajas I effect song cast? If so this is a simple 12% to add to the set. Has anyone does this testing?
By Aikawa 2012-02-06 20:09:14  
Ya, tested it w/ Apamajas I, and works for thunder based songs, and it would be just 8% more for ppl that already had the dagger
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [211 days between previous and next post]
By sirikillalot 2012-09-04 22:28:57  
ok so after some testing i am curious as to how someone could possibly get their spellcasting time to 4 seconds>.>;;;;;;

Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-04 22:31:48  
You're combining Song spellcasting time equipment with Song recast time. Song Spellcasting Time equipment only needs to be on for the start of the cast and then you can switch to Recast equipment (you're missing a lot of Haste).
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-09-04 23:13:40  
Use Swith Cape/+1. I personally avoid witful on brd, quickmagic is unhelpful unless you're not gear changing (which you should be). Plus Aoidos' Belt has song casting time on it, anwyays.

Zenith slacks +1 can also get up to -4 song casting time.

She'ik Manteel is also a lot more obtainable than it used to be.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-09-04 23:38:50  
4 seconds is only 50% cast time reduction on your average song. I cast mine in about 3 seconds on an 8 second cast and I don't even have the best gear you could(I have minstrel's but I don't use it unless my hp is naturally yellow). This translates to the spell resolving at about 38-41% for me though lag can distort that so it's not really reliable to count by that unless you're in a near lag free zone using fraps to catch it and do it multiple times. I also agree that instacast is pointless for brd. In fact, it causes more problems than it will ever help.

My build:

I tried for a long time to get zenith +1, if you have a lot of time on your hands or a lucky crafter, feel free to give it a shot. I've not had that luck yet. Eventually I'll grab some slippers +2 but Chelona are still useful for normal FC.
By sirikillalot 2012-09-04 23:49:48  
Well, I have many gear swaps. Swapping everytime I cast. I know I am missing a lot of haste and am trying to figure out how I can do encorprate it into my songcastime down set. I will switch out the Witful Belt and obtain a a new back piece. Atm I can sing songs every 10 seconds and most of the time I am insta-singing. So haste and swap the belt and back piece and I should be good to go then. Been doing a lot of testing on gear sets so I will take your advice. Thank you for your input and advice I will definetely do some testing ^-^
By Aikawa 2012-09-05 00:00:57  
I practically have same gear as Sekundes posted, instead chelona, use Relic +2, that give 6%, and for minuet(fire elemental), marchs(thunder elemental) I have the trial staff coz my BLM. thats 8% more than the knive, so probably overall I got -10% more than that gear set, and /rdm fastcast that iirc its 15%?

/RDM, I cast songs @ ~75-80% hard to say, ~2 secs per song, So I can practically sing one every 3 secs. And I don't use Minstrel's Ring, with the ring should be "instant" like w/ Nightigale, but that dont really give me time to gear swap, from precast to "cast"
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-09-05 00:08:34  
Yeah, you get to that point where you can't swap fast enough and end up casting in your FC gear which is quite detrimental. Any song that is shorter, such as mazu, hymnus, etudes ect, need to be adjusted so you don't cast so fast or use a delay on casting as you only need .7 seconds between your FC swap and main gear swap.

I find that it helps to make sure you are in your instrument in your precast gear so just in case you have any instacast(if you want to use apoc in abyssea zones) or it just lags and goes off to fast then you at least get the best part.

As a note, when I say I cast songs at 38-41% I mean that the cast time bar reads about that when the song resolves.
By sirikillalot 2012-09-05 00:26:25  
With Nightingale it is insta-cast, almost insta-cast without. Been doing a lot of testing since BRD is my main and am always playing it. I too have the staves for the songs, well not all yet (still working on them), an HP->MP set for the latent and /RDM for FC with Haste casted on me. I only made one adjustment to my set which is the back to a swith cape. My recast on songs is 9 seconds. To my knowledge I dont think it can go lower than that can it? It would be nice to know if it could XD
on the bar with latent and the staff equiped it goes off around 10-12%
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2012-09-05 09:36:28  
You can get 4 second recast songs.

Using some combination of:
Magian M.acc Staves
Hyaline Hat/Mederi Tam/ Shedir Turban
Iaso cuffs/Sheikh Gages
AF3+2 legs
Harmony cape
Corvax Sash
Rdm Sub

Isn't neccessary for buffs though.

The augmented AF2+2 Body/Legs/Feet are awesome for legion.
By Aikawa 2012-09-05 10:01:52  
Sylph.Reain said: »
You can get 4 second recast songs.

Using some combination of:
Magian M.acc Staves
Hyaline Hat/Mederi Tam/ Shedir Turban
Iaso cuffs/Sheikh Gages
AF3+2 legs
Harmony cape
Corvax Sash
Rdm Sub

Isn't neccessary for buffs though.

The augmented AF2+2 Body/Legs/Feet are awesome for legion.
Only reason to use -recast, might be on finale, lullaby, etudes(if giving the same to many ppl) and well all proc songs.. But for minuet, march and the songs don't really see the point.
 Bahamut.Mirirakin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Turpin
By Bahamut.Mirirakin 2012-09-28 17:50:20  

Zenith Slacks +1 Augmented with Song Spellcasting Time -4%

With the "Fast Cast II" job trait from RDM sub, this adds up to -80% without the annoying Minstrel's Ring!
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-28 18:11:22  
Fast cast and song spellcasting time are not additive, so no it does not.

However, with Minstrel's Ring and without Red Mage sub, that set would pretty much exactly hit cap.
By Aikawa 2012-09-28 20:00:46  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Fast cast and song spellcasting time are not additive, so no it does not.

However, with Minstrel's Ring and without Red Mage sub, that set would pretty much exactly hit cap.

Not sure what you wanna mean w/ "additive"... but with that setup songs should cast between 18-23%(in the casting bar) aka. ~80% faster.

Edit: Well I was bored..

That is the gear I used on the video.

Fast Cast: 20% + 15% RDM Subjob = 35%
Song Spellcasting time: -26%
Casting Time: -14%

Some "total" of -75% Casting Time

Well no idea how it "works" but can see SS and the Video, while was converting the video, did check frame per frame, and notice than at 20% the recast of the song did show up.

And btw FASTCAST X% = Spellcasting time -X% and recast -X/2%, And I suppose Spellcasting Time and Casting Time are the same -_-... the only diference is Fastcast affect recast, and Spellcasting doesn't.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-28 20:30:36  
He means that song casttime -50% and 50% fast cast is .5 * .5 = .25, or -75% casttime not 100. As such, that will not reach the cap.
By Aikawa 2012-09-28 20:44:10  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
He means that song casttime -50% and 50% fast cast is .5 * .5 = .25, or -75% casttime not 100. As such, that will not reach the cap.

Not so sure about that, I did edit my last post w/ SS, and video and gear set used.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-28 20:53:31  
Aikawa said: »
Not so sure about that, I did edit my last post w/ SS, and video and gear set used.
Always thought they were additive tbh, was just explaining what he meant. If a clear answer doesn't emerge before I get back to jeuno, I'll run a test on my mule as it has all the things and /rdm.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-28 21:07:37  
They lifted the 50% caps as far as I remember, I just meant Fast Cast and Song Cast Time- don't (or didn't) add with each other, (1-.51)(1-.28)= .35.

Contrarily, (1-.76)(1-.13)=.21 which is probably as close as you're going to get unless you are subbing RDM, then you can remove a few thing.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-28 21:14:54  
FYI, the casting bar % is not 'accurate'. Normal spells with no Fast Cast will complete at ~80% of the bar. Spells with short cast times will complete after the bar has reached 100%.
By Aikawa 2012-09-28 22:19:02  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
FYI, the casting bar % is not 'accurate'. Normal spells with no Fast Cast will complete at ~80% of the bar. Spells with short cast times will complete after the bar has reached 100%.

I know that...like barspells, holy, lullaby... and this is a bard thread.. for sure ppl talking about the long @$$ casting time songs w/o any fastcast gear.

And I know that even if it cast @ 20% doesn't means you can start casting another one right away... normally have to wait 1-2 secs( like 20% more in the bar) to start casting next song.

For songs like elegy and lullaby, if I cast them w/ that gear probably wont notice a big improvement, Foe lullaby 2secs normal cast time, 80% of 2 secs.. 1.6secs, But Im sure game wont cast it in 0.4 secs.. so lets say 1 sec. is not the same as 8 secs from Minuet/March/Madrigal... that 80% is 6.4, so 1.6(2 secs) casting time.