フォーラム » FFXI » General » RNG~THF Mirke users
RNG~THF Mirke users
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Azura
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-04-13 00:54:46  
Anyone have ideas about preference? I'm mainly looking at beefing it for RNG. so i'm stuck deciding between doing RACC+10 and RATK+10 or RACC+10 and Snap Shot+5.

questions? comments? ideas?
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-04-13 00:59:31  
I think I am going to get +10 r.att and snapshot +5%. It would increase your damage over time because you'd be hitting both harder and faster. You can always make the r.acc up somewhere else, in rings or Ohat or sushi or peacock charm.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-13 00:59:54  
Can Store TP and Subtle Blow be added as one option? I would go with that. Snapshot 5% is nice, and would add att over acc, just eat sushi still.
 Phoenix.Kisukesama
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kisukesama 2009-04-13 01:04:43  
I got the 10 Ranged ATK and 5 Snapshot.

Osode gives you fSTR for Ranged Attack cap, and also 5 RA ATK / ACC from the STR/AGI +10

So, with getting the Mirke w/ 10 ATK, and 5% Snapshot, you lose 2.5 RA ACC, lower your fSTR by 5,

BUT, you also gain 7.5 ranged attack!

What I'm getting at is, the 2.5 ACC loss won't see at all noticible to get a hefty ranged attack bonus.

And, you can always put that osode back on for weaponskills.

Not to mention, the Snapshot +5 is sex.

(As for the +7.5 Ranged attack. Since Osode gives 5 from 10 STR, and Mirke gives +10, and 2.5 from the 5 STR, 12.5 -5 = 7.5)
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-13 01:08:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

This is just me but if I were (job) I would use these augments:

MNK: 3% Crit-Hit & 10 Atk or Acc
THF: 10 Attack & 10 Accuracy or 10 Attack & 2% Double Attack
BST: 10 Pet Acc/Racc & -15 Call Beast Delay or 2% Pet DA/Crit-Hit
RNG: 10 Ranged Attack & 5 Snapshot
NIN: Too many good combination results to count but of them would be a custom mix of: Acc, Atk, Eva, DA, Crit-Hit, Dual Wield, Fast Cast, Enmity, and Magic Acc.
BLU: For spells: 4 MAB & 4 Magic Acc For melee: 10 Acc & 4 STP/4 Subtle Blow
COR: 10 Ratk & 10 Racc or 4 MAB & -5 QD recast
PUP: Totally depends on what frame you use most, but the choices are rather obvious.
DNC: 10 Acc & 4 STP/4 Subtle Blow

If you have ideas or suggestions to improve upon my templates feel free to post.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-13 01:27:33  
Artemicion said:

Never cast in this, with the possible exception of something like Head Butt. AF body for any offensive spell, the Blue Magic Skill +15 is too good to pass up and the +STR and +DEX are useful for our big damage spells. If you use this for Head Butt, go with something like Fast Cast and MAcc. You've got the right idea for a TP piece, though if you have the relic body or Morrigan's tp in those for the Refresh.
Personally, I'm either gonna do +4 Macc +4 MAB on the Redingote for my BLM (even though it's ugly as hell x.x) or stick with a Weskit and make a mini-Hauby of the Nuevo Coselete for DRG with ACC+10 and... well I'm not sure for the second trait, tempted to try a pet bonus but Attack +10, Evasion +10, and Store TP/Subtle Blow would all likely benefit me more. Opinions for the DRG piece? Sorry for the semi-hijack >.>
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-04-13 01:43:29  
Azura said:
Anyone have ideas about preference? I'm mainly looking at beefing it for RNG. so i'm stuck deciding between doing RACC+10 and RATK+10 or RACC+10 and Snap Shot+5.

questions? comments? ideas?

Ya just get what everyone here is saying.

For RNG as they said Range attack +10 and 5 Snapshot are great! = I got for my rng ^^
 Bismarck.Veruna
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2009-04-13 02:11:39  
For THF: +10 Acc and +3 Dual Wield.

It out-preforms homam body.
 Bahamut.Revision
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-04-13 02:37:46  
For Rng, I opted for the Racc+10 and Snap Shot(This will goes very nicely with my Barbut).
I debated about the Rattk but since I will be using it for tp and barrage, I think there's more use for the accuaracy. I always use curry anyway.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-13 03:23:40  
I dont see how this can replace the staple THF pieces. Seems great for rng, but i dont know alot about high lvl rng gear. I like the Coselet the most, think ill just wait till i lvl sam.
 Bahamut.Gengi
user: Gengi
By Bahamut.Gengi 2009-04-13 03:38:35  
Im taking an economic n spacial approach to this. As a thf im usually 65/70 with all my thf gear. i carry like 4 body pieces around drg. harness 4 weapskills/SA/TA, scorpion harness +1 4 eva build, plw. kaz. 4 acc buil, and rapp. harness 4 tp haste build. when i get the mirke im addin acc n eva so i can basically replace my drg harnness 4 ws/sa/ta n reps my scorp hq giving me back 12 acc n eva (if u add the dex n agi mods) savin me 1 space which could use 4 more farmin space and sell those 2 pieaces n make alil gil. im also a r/e *** so havin eva r/e piece is like crazy nice to me. thats my 2 cents. Happy hunting with ur augments^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-13 04:31:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

This body piece is much more difficult to selectively augment for melee jobs that have no particular specialization such as THF & MNK, as they have a wide spectrum of body armor that cover most if not all bases relating to their various purposes or play styles. However, the initial bonus of 5 STR, 5 DEX, 5 AGI, decent defense and HP & MP is nothing to sneeze at and the additional augments can easily match or surpass many pieces that already exist saving you alot of time, effort and/or gil.

Here are a few examples of body armor pieces that cover most bases for THF:
Homam Corazza
Enkidu's Harness
Dragon Harness
Rapparee Harness
Hecatomb Harness

Alternatively you can simply get a freebie watered down Skadi's Cuirie or Antares Harness
 Valefor.Dooom
サーバ: Valefor
user: Dooom
By Valefor.Dooom 2009-04-13 13:05:06  
Tavlov said:
I dont see how this can replace the staple THF pieces.

There's been a fair bit of math done on thf-specific forums, showing how different builds can out-perform current options for thf.

Personally, I'm gonna go +acc +dw. It'll be the best TP piece for thf/nin and my ninja. For my up-coming mnk I have access to Osode and D-body when Kirin puts out; for thf/war I'll stick with Homam, and if acc is capped on lowbie mobs (farming and such), I have raparee.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-13 13:30:20  
I dont have a problem with space, wheres the build forum at Dooom?

Aside, Dragon harness or Skadie is still better for SATAWS, and SH +1 is still better for acc and eva no?
 Valefor.Dooom
サーバ: Valefor
user: Dooom
By Valefor.Dooom 2009-04-13 13:34:35  
Tavlov said:

I've been following it on Alla's thf forums.

Quote:
Aside, Dragon harness or Skadie is still better for SATAWS, and SH +1 is still better for acc and eva no?

You'll get more (or at worst, equal) acc than a SH+1 if you pick the +10acc, thanks to the dex. And yeah, it doesn't really compare to WS pieces. It's a TP one more than anything.
 Bahamut.Grantlogan
By Bahamut.Grantlogan 2009-04-13 15:01:37  
Veruna said:
For THF: +10 Acc and +3 Dual Wield.

It out-preforms homam body.

I did this and I'm really happy with the results.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-13 15:06:13  
Dooom said:
Tavlov said:

I've been following it on Alla's thf forums.

Quote:

You'll get more (or at worst, equal) acc than a SH+1 if you pick the +10acc, thanks to the dex. And yeah, it doesn't really compare to WS pieces. It's a TP one more than anything.

You'll still carry the SH due to Evasion tho no?
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-04-13 15:08:11  
I was thinking of getting the Mirke with ATK+10 and ACC+10 as a WS piece for THF. Before anyone jumps the gun I do not have any way of acquiring Skadi or Hecatomb so please don't say anything about that. I have a Rapparee for TPing and Ive been using a Scorp for WSs. I think this is atleast a step up. If you have a better alternative please tell me.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-13 15:33:25  
Etrayis said:
I was thinking of getting the Mirke with ATK+10 and ACC+10 as a WS piece for THF. Before anyone jumps the gun I do not have any way of acquiring Skadi or Hecatomb so please don't say anything about that. I have a Rapparee for TPing and Ive been using a Scorp for WSs. I think this is atleast a step up. If you have a better alternative please tell me.

This would be a really good choice, although the above mentioned 10 ACC with delay reduction may be better for thf.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-15 05:05:22  
Selene's Bow-> 540 Delay
DPS->8
Snapshot Merits 5/5->10
Gear for RNG w/ Snapshot enhancement->5-8%

Now, after calculating this.. I might have done it wrong, or missed something completely. But as I calculated it a few times, the result came up to about.. AROUND 430+ Delay.

Did I do something wrong with calculations to understand how much the cap of a possible 18% Snapshot really is noticeable through a 540 delay Bow?

It seems it's not THAT much more noticeable. I COULD be wrong if I have mis-calculated the various percentage and/or delay of the bow after snapshot cap.

My Calc was around: 436 Delay on my Selene's.
Mis-calc perhaps? Please let me know! Any help would be appreciated ^-^
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-15 05:07:04  
I went with Racc/Ratk combo personally. To me, it was a great move. If I get an idea of what I did wrong in my personal calculations, maybe I'll understand how much snapshot really effects my bow.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-04-15 06:22:56  
You really shouldn't need RACC with your gear and all RNG's acc bonuss, Elk. You consumed a viable slot for essentially a behemoth ring. Also, snapshot reduces your ranged attack delay by 2% (1.98something) each point without reducing your tpgain, much like haste. 5 snapshot is like 10% haste on a melee which would make this an amazing tp build piece in exchange for.... occasionally getting 95% acc instead of 93% over the course of an hour. The increased frequency with which you shoot would eclipse the rare misses anyhow.

Parse it and reconsider.

>> I do realize that the RACC would be viable for some players and situations. I'm not making a broad generalization, even though i feel it is rare the RACC > Snapshot.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Calif
By Ragnarok.Calif 2009-04-15 06:25:07  
Elkanah, you make an interesting point about how much Snapshot reduces delay. I think it revolves around which aspect of "delay" the trait actually reduced: just the weapon delay, or the overall delay - see http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Delay#Ranged_Delay for what I mean. Obviously delay will vary a lot depending on which point the snapshot reduction is applied.

There's also Velocity Shot to consider, which gives -15% ranged delay. So, the way I look at it is that 5/5 Snapshot merits + 5% Snapshot from Mirke is like an extra velocity shot speed gain.

I'm yet to get the Mirke, but I'll almost certainly go for Snapshot aug, for the simple fact that it's on so few other equips.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-15 07:22:52  
This is kind of off-topic, but can you get a new one with different augments if you have already picked one? I think I read that somewhere before.
 Kujata.Rosangela
サーバ: Kujata
user: Angel
By Kujata.Rosangela 2009-04-15 07:43:30  
If you've already picked one you have to drop it and then redo the mission for it again...I'm pretty sure.
 Asura.Hatheron
サーバ: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-04-15 07:52:47  
Nightfyre said:
Artemicion said:

Never cast in this, with the possible exception of something like Head Butt. AF body for any offensive spell, the Blue Magic Skill +15 is too good to pass up and the +STR and +DEX are useful for our big damage spells. If you use this for Head Butt, go with something like Fast Cast and MAcc. You've got the right idea for a TP piece, though if you have the relic body or Morrigan's tp in those for the Refresh.
Personally, I'm either gonna do +4 Macc +4 MAB on the Redingote for my BLM (even though it's ugly as hell x.x) or stick with a Weskit and make a mini-Hauby of the Nuevo Coselete for DRG with ACC+10 and... well I'm not sure for the second trait, tempted to try a pet bonus but Attack +10, Evasion +10, and Store TP/Subtle Blow would all likely benefit me more. Opinions for the DRG piece? Sorry for the semi-hijack >.>

I know this topic is mainly about THF and RNG, but I've been seriously having trouble thinking what stats to get. I'm a main BLU. I TP in Relic and macro in AF for spells. I cannot decide if this piece has the potential to replace either of these two pieces. The refresh and 10 acc from Relic is awesome, and the blue magic skill 15 is nice from the AF. So, I'm a bit torn as to what to get.

If someone could provide support for me that a mirke could out perform my Relic for TP or AF for spells, please tell me. I'm all ears.
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-04-15 07:55:32  
Artemicion said:
This is just me but if I were (job) I would use these augments:

MNK: 3% Crit-Hit & 10 Atk or Acc

If you have ideas or suggestions to improve upon my templates feel free to post.
All i'd say about this is, you'd essentially be re-creating (a possibly inferior version of) a Pahluwan Khazagand. It seems a waste to use the Mirke to create a fairly easily obtainable item ^_^b

Pahluwan Khazagand
It's been postulated that the Crit bonus is ~2-3%.
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-04-15 08:41:12  
Hatheron said:
Nightfyre said:
Artemicion said:

I know this topic is mainly about THF and RNG, but I've been seriously having trouble thinking what stats to get. I'm a main BLU. I TP in Relic and macro in AF for spells. I cannot decide if this piece has the potential to replace either of these two pieces. The refresh and 10 acc from Relic is awesome, and the blue magic skill 15 is nice from the AF. So, I'm a bit torn as to what to get.

If someone could provide support for me that a mirke could out perform my Relic for TP or AF for spells, please tell me. I'm all ears.

If your main concern is turning the Mirke into a TP building piece then go with the ACC+10 and Store TP+4/Subtle Blow+4. And just swap in Mirage Jubbah when your at 50% MP or something.

I however am going to use this solely as a Headbutt piece. ACC+10 Fast Cast+5%. Having Homam legs/Mirke/Loq Earring will make Headbutt basically instant(roughly a 0.1 second cast time). The ACC is to make sure it lands.

As for making this a THF or RNG piece I'd go with DW and ACC for THF and RATT/Snap Shot for RNG.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-15 08:44:39  
I might go ahead and actually attempt it again sometime soon. I love it so far. Makes it easier to give my percentage calculations. Thx yall <3 ^-^
First Page 2 3