rng/mnk?
 Remora.Dodu
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-07-31 15:54:30  
Sylph.Rebo said:
Remora.Dodu said:
In what way is your eyeballing any more reliable than Wiki's 8 year-old testing, which was followed up whenever the enhancement on AF2 was tested?

Also, you think that defense has any bearing on whether or not you should use Counterstance. The less defense you generally have, the less Counterstance is hindering your ability to take a hit.

Like I said, no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Also, you think that defense has any bearing on whether or not you should use Counterstance. The less defense you generally have, the less Counterstance is hindering your ability to take a hit.

Are you fkn srs! HAHAHAHA Maybe if you actually played the game I would be more interested in your misinformed findings, but seeing as this quote pretty much relieves me of defending anything to you anymore i'd say good day sir. HAHAHAHAHAHA

No idea why I'm actually responding to this, but alright. Counterstance strips you of all your native DEF, leaving you with whatever DEF is generated by your VIT. Are you a PLD with 600 DEF and 80 VIT? You just lost 560 DEF. Are you a RNG with 300 DEF and 60 VIT? You just lost 270 DEF. Addition and subtraction are hard bro.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-31 16:03:05  
Rebo was topicbanned so don't bother.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-31 16:15:36  
Topicban in the first page. Amazing. O.o
Relevant: Wouldn't RNG/MNK fail because you're not equipping Sanguine Scythe? I mean, you'd be stuck using RR and Counter Atmas x2.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-31 16:39:38  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Topicban in the first page. Amazing. O.o
Relevant: Wouldn't RNG/MNK fail because you're not equipping Sanguine Scythe? I mean, you'd be stuck using RR and Counter Atmas x2.
It depends honestly, most people use GH anyways for Gandiva or for greater white damage/Arching arrow which adds 10% counter. With the 40~50% rate already from counterstance and trait you'll be at probably around 60% counter rate with GH.
If you want to equip Roaring Laughter for whatever reason you'd be at around 65%~75%ish if it adds 15%, but using Roaring Laughter gives a huge drop in damage however, and if you're sacrificing so much just to have defensive capabilities, chances are you're greatly hurting your ability to do damage, and to an extent hold hate and tank in the first place. And if you can't do damage, why did you go on rng in the first place :/