New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » Salvage
Salvage
 Shiva.Mavre
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Mavre 2011-07-25 09:04:15  
Looking to find a small group to run salvage with. A black belt monk and a WHM/RDM I'm pretty sure would be ideal. Or if you have a group already and need a th6 THF, hit me up. Just looking to pick up a few pieces of gear, I have zero interest in alexandrite, so wouldn't be asking for a split there if you are worried about that.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-25 10:25:10  
That is just overkill on so many levels.
[+]
 Phoenix.Arhat
サーバ: Phoenix
user: lithical
By Phoenix.Arhat 2011-07-25 11:03:10  
Trolls be bumpin' your thread. It's a good thing. Salvage still has more relevant gear than some would like to admit. Good luck finding a group.
 Shiva.Mavre
By Shiva.Mavre 2011-07-25 11:41:03  
Not sure how anything I requested is overkill. My THF, a MNK with BB for the extra pdt to be safe (maybe not entirely necessary) and a WHM...pretty sure you still need 3 to get in, and I'm pretty sure that makes 3 people, not looking for a full party or more. And yes, some salvage gear is still nice to have...skadi boots for movement speed for the jobs that can use, ares body for the caladbolg I am working on, and usu feet are still ideal for a NIN tp set (caps haste with dusk+1, twilight, and AF3+2 head/legs). Wish I had these pieces from when salvage was still "relevant", but work training took me away from the game for almost a year. Plus, I know there are people still wanting to make mythics that weren't lucky enough to win a rank 2 this last time around for their cat's eye.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-25 11:53:12  
A black belt is a really high and silly prerequisite for a salvage run. Salvage is simple these days.

Phoenix.Arhat said:
Trolls be bumpin' your thread. It's a good thing. Salvage still has more relevant gear than some would like to admit. Good luck finding a group.

LOL XD EVERYONE IS TROLLING
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-07-25 11:53:49  
Why not just grab 2 linkshell friends and do a few runs? I really don't understand how people have such a hard time getting things done if they have a linkshell. I've managed to trio 10 Emps and a few salvage pieces all because one day I was bored and asked my shell: "Anyone fancy doing a few Carabosses?".
[+]
 Shiva.Mavre
By Shiva.Mavre 2011-07-25 15:27:34  
Not new at this, already did ask the ls. No interest, so I came here. And again, I did say the BB was not entirely necessary...if nothing else, it shows me that it is a monk that has likely played a while and knows fights outside of abyssea, rather than a keyed-and-twilight-belted monk.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-07-25 15:45:41  
Why do you want a mnk anyway? With three players, the thf + dd will get weapons so it doesn't really matter what job you choose. Also a RDM can heal just as well as a WHM in salvage, if not better (especially on the early floors). I've done blu thf rdm, sam thf rdm, nin thf rdm, and been able to clear all possible NMs + chariot. You may in fact want a NIN if you plan on doing discoid chariot, though it's not necessary.
By BorealisV2 2011-07-25 15:46:39  
I see plenty of gimp BB Monks on Shiva, just because they have a BB doesn't mean they're good at playing the job.

Have to remember Shiva is almost as bad as Asura. Almost.
 Asura.Jadecc
サーバ: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-07-25 15:48:28  
id totally static with ya if u were on asura, good luck
 Shiva.Mavre
By Shiva.Mavre 2011-07-25 17:28:10  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Why do you want a mnk anyway? With three players, the thf + dd will get weapons so it doesn't really matter what job you choose. Also a RDM can heal just as well as a WHM in salvage, if not better (especially on the early floors). I've done blu thf rdm, sam thf rdm, nin thf rdm, and been able to clear all possible NMs + chariot. You may in fact want a NIN if you plan on doing discoid chariot, though it's not necessary.

Really haven't done any salvage since level cap increase/entry requirement decrease, so I was just going based off what I knew was good "back in the day". I'd certainly be up for whatever setup works best. I'd also assume that with people focusing so much on the "proc jobs", people would have multiple jobs to offer. I myself have played monk for years, was just never my main so I was never high priority on lotting bb items, also have ninja leveled and pretty well geared, so I wouldn't expect to only go on my thief if someone wanted to go on a different job based on the zone/boss we were after on a given night. Same goes for any healer that wants to go...I assume that if someone enjoys healing well enough to actually be good at it, more than likely they have more than one to offer, i.e. WHM OR RDM, etc.