By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-24 09:17:10  
Hay I'm at it again!
Dancer Suggestions Round II
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 05:45:11  
I've updated the original thread with new information and made detailed replies to questions or concerns. I encourage you to check it out, and make your own suggestions etc. Activity is a good thing :)

The thread has been hovering on the "most active" list, which is good for attention purposes. I can't update the first post anymore though, because they seem to have ninja-enforced a 10000 character limit, even though my post is over 20000 characters long, lol.

I also encourage enthusiasts of other classes to post on the official forums about their ideas or concerns for the future, as the community reps have a good track record of responding with information from the development team itself!
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 06:06:22  
some of your ideas are decent. i'm against the usage of more "stances". the only real improvements i want for dancer are cure timers split into different groups so they have different recats, and the ability to go higher than 5 finishing moves.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 06:12:46  
More than 5 finishing moves isn't a bad idea, I just wonder how they'd make it work with reverse flourish.

Reverse gives 100/5 at full power and I doubt they'd let you reverse 6 or more FM for more TP than that.

In one of my responses, I discuss how I think that the dev team has for whatever reason deemed the splitting of waltz timers as being too powerful or something, hence why they haven't done it, despite constant outcry from the playerbase to do so.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:25:29  
I'd be fine with more ***to spend my FM on. I tend to be sitting near 5 with reverse or violent, and sometimes both on recast.

Edit: Here's hoping that regain move they mentioned is a FM, and it's duration is based on the amount spent.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 06:27:46  
The only problem is that they keep giving us useless things to spend finishing moves on.

Climactic Flourish was useless until they fixed it, and in the process, made Striking Flourish less useful than Desperate Flourish.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-07-25 06:29:47  
Main thing they could do with Waltz is either: Lower recast time or split it, but if they don't want to split it fully split it into like this:
Single: (Waltz 1-5)
Buff/Debuff/W/e else they might add: (Healing Waltz)
Area of Effect: (Divine Waltz 1/2)

It'd also be nice for Healing Waltz to become decent as it locks down Waltz timer for a while D:
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:31:27  
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
The only problem is that they keep giving us useless things to spend finishing moves on.

Climactic Flourish was useless until they fixed it, and in the process, made Striking Flourish less useful than Desperate Flourish.
Both of which suck unless you have empyrean anyways.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 06:32:38  
Ramuh.Austar said:

Both of which suck unless you have empyrean anyways.

For what it's worth, Climactic --> Shark Bite was outperforming DE/EVIS in the Reindeer Pants KCNM.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:33:53  
I still seem to be better off with PK > RV > Evisceration, outside at least. Do those mobs have high defense or something? I've never done it.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 06:34:04  
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Main thing they could do with Waltz is either: Lower recast time or split it, but if they don't want to split it fully split it into like this:

It'd also be nice for Healing Waltz to become decent as it locks down Waltz timer for a while D:

Splitting single target waltzes and Divine/healing into two categories is about the best I could see them doing.

Splitting single targets into different categories, I think they'd give DNC the ability to cast "Death" first.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-07-25 06:35:48  
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:

Splitting single target waltzes and Divine/healing into two categories is about the best I could see them doing.

Splitting single targets into different categories, I think they'd give DNC the ability to cast "Death" first.
More ment the first one, if I didn't come across clearly D:
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 06:37:17  
They seem to have pretty high defense. It's a unique BCNM in that the NMs rage if the dragons are more than 10% HP apart.

We did it with 3: DNC/NIN, NIN/WAR (Kannagi) and a dualboxed WHM/RDM. Our killspeed was about the same, so we rarely had to slow down for the other. However, there were a few times where either of us were behind and let the other catch up.

Edit: since I was solo tanking that dragon and the dualboxed WHM was focused on the NIN, solo skillchaining really wasn't prudent, in which case climactic shark bite probably would have fallen behind.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:38:12  
Would make sense, I seem to get better numbers with Shark Bite on higher defense mobs with climactic.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 06:45:26  
it wouldn't be hard for them to make 5 FM the cap that any JA can use.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 06:47:45  
Ramuh.Austar said:
I'd be fine with more ***to spend my FM on. I tend to be sitting near 5 with reverse or violent, and sometimes both on recast.

Edit: Here's hoping that regain move they mentioned is a FM, and it's duration is based on the amount spent.

from my experience it's not that you don't have enough things to spend finishing moves on, it's that since you can only hold 5 you have to stay at or near 5 so you have enough for 100 tp RF.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 06:48:03  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

it would probably break something and make reverse flourish deal 99999 damage.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 06:48:56  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

no complaints here.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:49:10  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

I say we enjoy that while we can then.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 06:49:47  
Also, besides climactic flourish, reverse flourish, and violent flourish, I really don't see what there is to spend FMs on, but that's just me.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:53:51  
I'll sometimes use building > climactic > presto > step > NFR > Pyrrhic Kleos > reverse > evisceration.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 06:56:06  
The opportunity cost on Building is just really high, IMO. In that case, you'd be spending the "opportunity" for 50TP on (??) accuracy and (?? ~15%) attack for one WS, and that's assuming you only spent 2 FMs on it.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:59:46  
attack is a pretty big help for Pyrrhic Kleos in my experience. And with that routine, it'll spend 3. Sometimes it'll *** up and use my climactic on a melee swing before evisceration though, which bugs me. Just finding a way to use the new buff despite not having a twashtar mostly.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 07:04:19  
Should try to 'rework it' to only spend 2 when building is buffing PK, because it can't go critical, so the third FM is wasted.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 07:10:07  
Yeah, would have to do, from 0 FMs: step > building > step > climactic > PK > NFR > presto step > reverse > evisceration

Maybe. Looks good on paper, but I haven't tried it yet. Just been kind of playing around with the easier setups.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 07:18:16  
Just wondering, but does anyone know where the "this is how building flourish works" myth came from? It's on the wiki and incredibly specific, but uncited and added by someone with 122 edits total (most of them simple stupid ***).

Basically, I really doubt that it works the way wiki says it works. It probably just gives more Acc/Atk/Crit rate the more FMs you burn.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 07:20:42  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Just wondering, but does anyone know where the "this is how building flourish works" myth came from? It's on the wiki and incredibly specific, but uncited and added by someone with 122 edits total (most of them simple stupid ***).

Basically, I really doubt that it works the way wiki says it works. It probably just gives more Acc/Atk/Crit rate the more FMs you burn.
I honestly don't know, it wouldn't be hard to test attack per finishing move though. I just don't really know how to go about doing that.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 07:20:56  
That would be interesting and definitely more useful. I honestly have no idea where it came from, but it's been around for so long that I never really questioned it and I guess it's almost impossible to test.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 07:22:01  
I'd wager it's along the lines of 5 or 10 acc, 5% attack, and a small crit rate for each FM consumed.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 07:22:33  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

not sure who added it or what testing they used. the wiki info on building flourish has been there since before i started playing dnc.
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10