users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Mythril ore's
Mythril ore's
 Shiva.Dimitrias
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Dzone
By Shiva.Dimitrias 2011-07-22 01:01:59  
So whats the best way to gather up Mythril ignots? Curently the price of ignots have gone up to 100k a stack on my server, and only 1 stack on AH. So i'm kinda stuck on leveling my smithing atm.

All i do is craft and fish these days, so um... do i need to change my hobbie and mine for a while? I really dont like mining.

I'm Curently at 40 smithing.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-07-22 01:16:44  
Mining is really hit-or-miss if you are looking for only one type of ore for a project.

If you are unable to farm a zone like Ro'maeve for all the golems safely (since they repop very quickly there and you don't need to travel around as much as in Beaucedine) you might be better off just stealing mythril beastcoins.

The goblins in Eastern and Western Altepa Desert zones tend to drop mythril beastcoins upon defeat, and they can be stolen from them (once every 5 mins) as well. One stack of beatscoins per hour isn't the best, since it only yields 3 ingots, but if you're stuck and you can't buy mythril materials on AH that's just how it goes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2011-07-22 01:28:25  
If you're wanting to craft for skill, profit and/or use, the easiest way is the npcs beyond the airship buildings. Whatever nation is in first, and as long as you're a citizen, they will sell unlimited ores for about 1800 gil each. Can ask a friend to sit there and buy them for you if you're not from that nation. Doing this, it'll cost 7200ish per ingot, and about 86,000ish for a stack. So you can make a little profit or whatever it is you need them for. If you're inquiring the best way to get them for free, disregard this then and listen to the above poster.