Ebisu Fishing Rod = Accomplishment?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Ebisu Fishing Rod = Accomplishment?
Ebisu Fishing Rod = Accomplishment?
 Fairy.Raikan
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-04-25 12:40:29  
Maat's Cap = 0 Achievement points.

All it does is look pretty.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-04-25 14:06:37  
Sectumsempra said:
I think we all should just not argue about it and let Scragg and Jaerik make their own decision. I don't know why people argue over an add-on feature on a website. Can't you learn to just take what's given to you and be happy sometimes?

Nobody is arguing, we just want to know where this decision stands. Its been an idle topic for quite a while now without any final answer. All I can see is the majority of the people asking for Ebisu to be recognized as a Relic.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-04-25 14:20:11  
Vintaru said:
Sectumsempra said:
I think we all should just not argue about it and let Scragg and Jaerik make their own decision. I don't know why people argue over an add-on feature on a website. Can't you learn to just take what's given to you and be happy sometimes?

Nobody is arguing, we just want to know where this decision stands. Its been an idle topic for quite a while now without any final answer. All I can see is the majority of the people asking for Ebisu to be recognized as a Relic.

Not gonna lie, my fault here for logging on too early in the morning: I didn't see the whole necrobump thing, thought this all happened over the course of a night >_>;
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-28 20:46:32  
so has any decision been made as to whether or not ebisu rod will = relic in terms of achievement points?
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-04-28 21:35:35  
THE MOOSE... HAS SPOKEN, lol Invader Zim.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-04-29 15:45:30  
/amazed NOBODY KNOWS! >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-29 15:47:26  
Or do they?
 Kujata.Arundo
サーバ: Kujata
user: arundo
By Kujata.Arundo 2009-04-29 16:02:25  
Raikan said:

You think it looks pretty?

To a Maat Cap always just looked like a person with too much time and nothing better to do..

I am not saying no life cap... People tend to say that, yeah. But I would just get bored by leveling all the jobs..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-29 16:03:37  
Not if you have alot of smn/cor friends you can astral flow your way to 75 in like 1 day
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-29 16:45:57  
Arundo said:
Raikan said:

You think it looks pretty?

To a Maat Cap always just looked like a person with too much time and nothing better to do..

I am not saying no life cap... People tend to say that, yeah. But I would just get bored by leveling all the jobs..

It does get boring, but so does sky, sea, dynamis, nyzul, meriting, etc. Its just one of many time sinks in the game that produce a reward for the accomplishment.
 Hades.Evilpaul
サーバ: Hades
user: Evilpaul
By Hades.Evilpaul 2009-04-30 20:52:53  
I don't see why it really matters. To get a relic you need a LOT of gil and a half decent dynamis LS.

To get Ebisu you need fairly high level Fishing skill, a bunch of guild points, and a LOT of gil (potentially). Or a LOT of time (potentially) and very high level Fishing skill. Whether you get the items from trading in fish is very much dependent on blind luck.

It's not surprising to see SE is adding the items for Ebisu as Mog Bonanza rewards this year give how rare they are.

Also: Holy Necrobump, Batman! :P
 Garuda.Ijelle
user: Ijelle
By Garuda.Ijelle 2009-04-30 21:49:42  
I'm actually surprised Ebisu isn't on the list.

The current wiki "drop rate" on Opal Silk: 35/3657 (1%)

The current wiki "drop rate" on Saber Shoot: 30/5792 (0.5%)

Both Lik and Gug's break Lu Shang's.

AH cost of these fish, depending on your server:

Gug's: 13-35k

Lik: Lowest is 5k on Remora, 30k on several servers.

Repeat, these fish do NOT stack, so this is 20-30k/ea.

3675 of these fish is roughly 127M. That is a lot.

Guild Points? Well its 95,000 for Serpent Rumors, and then you have the cost for your Fishing Skill+ items, which you will want. Thats another 170k. Mooching, if you're going the EX Bait route, is 115k.

You're looking at a possible total of 380,000GP needed, to complete this quest.

Furthermore, you can't catch Gug's unless its Pirate Route ship.

Lik & Gug's are both LV100 cap, so you're not gonna be starting this quest at ~LV78 Fishing, unless you're buying the fish.

Should note though, you don't HAVE to have Woodworking for Lu Shang repair. See: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/The_Immortal_Lu_Shang

Broken Lu Shang's Rod
Ancient Lumber
Light Crystal x2 = fixed.

Sadly, the NPC is in Rabao, so its a bit of a trip.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-04-30 23:31:14  
Scragg said:
Ebisu is being considered.
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-03-27 15:07:39

This is starting to look like a pointless thread. A year ago we were told this is under consideration. After bringing it back up and discussing it for a week not one Admin has given us an answer, let alone a, "Durr, I dunno..."
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-04-30 23:47:11  
Vintaru said:
A year ago we were told this is under consideration. After bringing it back up and discussing it for a week not one Admin has given us an answer, let alone a, "Durr, I dunno..."

The answer is "it's still being considered."

Let's put it this way. This has been a source of intense debate among our users for well over a year now, and we are still not a single step closer to determining how many users want it, and how many don't. You can't even get a sense of how our users feel from reading just the subsample of opinions in this thread.

When there is no consensus among users about if or how something should be done, the default action on the part of the administrators will always be to not do it.

However, when a suggestion is met with universal approval and consensus among our user base, we are usually pretty quick to implement it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-04-30 23:48:36  
There's like 2 people in this whole forum subject that don't think it should be counted. The rest want it to be... I don't understand the problem?
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-30 23:50:27  
How about adding a new poll asking if it should for a week or month or whatever.
get your answer from there and done.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-04-30 23:52:02  
Vintaru said:
There's like 2 people in this whole forum subject that don't think it should be counted. The rest want it to be... I don't understand the problem?

There's been a lot more debate in the past. And among those who think it should be counted, people are equally split on whether it should be:

1) Equal to a relic for achievement
2) Less than a relic for achievement (if so, how much?)
3) More than a relic for acheivement (if so, how much?)
4) Considered a relic in the system, but have no achievement value? (like people asked Maat's Cap to be)

Etc.

Saying "it should count" is one thing. (Hell, all "achievements" should count in an ideal system.) But we can't do anything with that if our users can't agree on what it should count for.

If we add Ebisu, what about Black Belt? How about rare/ex Salvage gear? How about Ridill? How about...?

People have asked for dozens of more items to be added to the achievement system -- usually because they have the item in question and want to personally move higher in the achievement rankings. But everyone wants their item to count for more points than everyone else wants it to count for. And everyone justifies it by arguing that their accomplishment took more time and effort, was more difficult, etc, than everyone else's.

To me, it's always seemed like a rat hole system of bickering, disagreement, and potential flame material that I see myself tweaking and maintaining forever, with no net value gain at the other end of it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-04-30 23:57:47  
So because the world can't agree on something it should be forgotten? We're divided on a President, so lets have none. Some people want peace, some want carnage, so lets all bomb eachother... Do you see my point. Nobody is ever going to agree 100% on these things. I personally don't think (along with many other people) that Maat's Cap is definitely not Relic worthy, especially not now! But its still there! I see many people against the fact that Maat's Cap is considered an Achievement. The "proper" way of doing this is by holding a vote, but I don't see any Admins willing to offer such...

Requesting items like Ridill and Black Belt is just silly. Ebisu is the Rod of Rods. It is the final upgrade of a fisherman's career. Just like a Paladin going for Aegis. Aegis is the Shield of Shields, you can't get any better and it doesn't just drop off a monster that takes 15 people to kill. Ninurta's Sash can be bought for half the price of a Relic weapon, again that's silly to request that as an Achievement. I can obtain a Black Belt within 30 days easy, guaranteed. 6M and a little camping time and I can buy that from a HNMLS. The people who are in a toss up over Ebisu know absolutely nothing about what it takes to obtain one. Look at all these LS leaders with their 6 Relic Weapons.... WHERE'S THEIR EBISU?!?!

I don't even own an Ebisu yet. But I've worked my *** off for over 3 years to get one and when I do I know I'd like a little 'pat on the back'... Knowing what it takes to get this and actually doing it are two completely different things. "Easier said than done!"
[+]
 Garuda.Ijelle
By Garuda.Ijelle 2009-05-01 00:10:43  
Personally I think that its "points worth" should be based off its general difficulty.

Most people I've heard of that have it, took two years to get it. Thats about the same as a self-funded relic, right(at least before the entry fee change)?

So lets say...the difficulty scale is 1-10, 10 being hardest.

Relic - 9
Mythic - 10
Maat's Cap - 5 (at most)
Black Belt - 3 (Drops from NQ as well as being 100% from HQ, AND drops from KSNM. Is sold by HNM shells.)
Ridill - 7 (Luck & LS Points System play a huge part. Also is sold by HNM shells.)
Salvage Gear - 6 (Really not that difficult as long as you have a solid static, and 35 pieces are the real problem.)
Ebisu - 8-9 (partially luck, like everything else, but IS going to take a long time, no matter what your luck with the fish is.)

And I agree with Vintaru, a vote or poll should be held. Does this forum not have some form of poll system? =x
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-05-01 00:21:54  
Ijelle said:
And I agree with Vintaru, a vote or poll should be held. Does this forum not have some form of poll system? =x

Don't expect to get an answer! >.> Just FYI.
 Ramuh.Mosby
user: Clyne
By Ramuh.Mosby 2009-05-01 01:28:59  
Jaerik said:

4) Considered a relic in the system, but have no achievement value? (like people asked Maat's Cap to be)

Etc.

Saying "it should count" is one thing. (Hell, all "achievements" should count in an ideal system.) But we can't do anything with that if our users can't agree on what it should count for.

1. It should be, but I think most people realize realistically not enough people would agree with that.
2. Deciding on a value between 5-10k really shouldn't be a roadblock to getting this done >.>
3. See #1
4. If nothing else, this should already be in place, not having an ongoing topic for a year. You could always go back in update it later on if it was finally decided points were warranted.

If you're going to hide behind the logic that you can't do anything until users agree, you need to go back and 0 out points for stuff like Gungnir, Guttler, Claustrum, etc., because a a MAJORITY of your users feel that these are a waste of currency and prevented another Aegis/Gjallarhorn/Amano/Apoc. from coming into the game.

Sorry to come off as attacking, but ignoring Ebisu for so long and using that kind of faulty reasoning for the inaction is silly.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-01 02:15:03  
Definitely less then relic like maybe 1/2-1/3. Yeah its a pain to get but even going with the current record of about 1k of each fish thats still like 1/4 relic price. Granted alot less avaible to buy but yeah. Also can solo it. However yeah relic can come easy too see plds taht more or less to get aegis handed to them to help ls tank hard stuff. Also much less immediate benefits to ebisus... other then selling that lu shangs baby
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-05-01 02:20:34  
Mosby said:
Jaerik said:

Etc.

1. It should be, but I think most people realize realistically not enough people would agree with that.
2. Deciding on a value between 5-10k really shouldn't be a roadblock to getting this done >.>
3. See #1
4. If nothing else, this should already be in place, not having an ongoing topic for a year. You could always go back in update it later on if it was finally decided points were warranted.

If you're going to hide behind the logic that you can't do anything until users agree, you need to go back and 0 out points for stuff like Gungnir, Guttler, Claustrum, etc., because a a MAJORITY of your users feel that these are a waste of currency and prevented another Aegis/Gjallarhorn/Amano/Apoc. from coming into the game.

Sorry to come off as attacking, but ignoring Ebisu for so long and using that kind of faulty reasoning for the inaction is silly.

^^ THANK YOU!
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-05-01 02:22:37  
I have four friends with Ebisu so I know how hard it can be to get. In that aspect it certainly deserves to be an achievement. My worry is: Where does it end? Achievements for E Body? Ridill? V Fork? Black Belt? You see where this is going?

Perhaps you could give users an option to select a piece of gear to "Showcase" on their page. They can only choose one or two things to keep it from getting cluttered. It seems like a nice compromise to me.
 Asura.Vespera
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Vespera 2009-05-01 02:27:04  
Really the achievements (in my opinion) should be strictly reserved for the undoubtedly top of the line items that go through their own strenious, time and gil consuming process as presented within the game itself.

This would include: Relic weapon, Mythic weapon, and also I feel Ebisu should be included as well.

Hopefully my above statements made some sense >.>
 Garuda.Ijelle
By Garuda.Ijelle 2009-05-01 02:39:06  
Vespera said:
Really the achievements (in my opinion) should be strictly reserved for the undoubtedly top of the line items that go through their own strenious, time and gil consuming process as presented within the game itself.

This would include: Relic weapon, Mythic weapon, and also I feel Ebisu should be included as well.

I agree.

I do not think HNM/Salvage/Einherjar/Sky/Sea drops really are so noteworthy as to merit achievement points. With a little dedication, people can get what they want easily, its just the matter of getting enough points or winning the lot.

@Baelorn - I like the Showcase idea... Have that, then the "Achievements" tab can show a full list.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2009-05-01 02:43:49  
Not going to happen.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-05-01 13:36:03  
I've discussed this with Scragg and we have decided we will not be adding any more items to the Achievement system at this time. I have added this to the FAQ at the top of the Suggestions forum.

We are open to adding more items later, and will continue to deliberate the topic internally, but will not be taking user input into the system for the time being.