Best Offhand For Twashtar? (DNC)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Best offhand for Twashtar? (DNC)
Best offhand for Twashtar? (DNC)
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-15 02:00:56  
atm i have str/agi/dex kila. i have 2-4 para+2, auric, and phurba. i'm working on a fusetto, and was originally doing store tp +15 dagger. with the newest update is tp bonus +100 going to be the best off hand for CF RS? i usually sub war and eat rcb +1 so i'm not too attack starved... at least not by dnc standards.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-15 02:02:53  
STR Kila until TP+100 Bonus. OA2-4 is ***, to put it lightly.
[+]
By Burkey 2011-07-15 02:49:45  
is your aftermath affected by the tp bonus dagger? ie would 200+ tp ws count as 300tp aftermath for 90sec? if not and if youre only looking to spam rudras or whatever with 100-199tp idk i dont do all the calculations but tp bonus dagger seems meh. tho my dnc is 87 and i cant really say. i offhand auric only because i dont have time to make all those ele/SB/DA/tp etc etc daggers. friend of mine uses fusetto/2-4para but said if he got twash he'd offhand his fusetto
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-15 02:50:42  
Burkey said:
is your aftermath affected by the tp bonus dagger? ie would 200+ tp ws count as 300tp aftermath for 90sec? if not and if youre only looking to spam rudras or whatever with 100-199tp idk i dont do all the calculations but tp bonus dagger seems meh. tho my dnc is 87 and i cant really say. i offhand auric only because i dont have time to make all those ele/SB/DA/tp etc etc daggers. friend of mine uses fusetto/2-4para but said if he got twash he'd offhand his fusetto
Aftermath isn't affected, just the damage.
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2011-07-15 03:13:18  
Fusseto's TP Bonus is only active when it is in the main hand.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-15 03:14:35  
Fenrir.Kut said:
No it's not, was proven the magian TP bonus works in offhand, but martial ones don't.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/21603/fusetto2-off-hand
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-07-15 04:32:25  
hi kut
By Norondor 2011-07-15 06:40:05  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Fenrir.Kut said:
No it's not, was proven the magian TP bonus works in offhand, but martial ones don't.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/21603/fusetto2-off-hand

Oh, well, ***, i was just about to make a thread about that. Thanks a bunch as usual!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-15 07:11:09  
Yeah, Yuna and I started making TP Bonus +100 Fusettos about a day after this past patch, haha. Yuna is blowing through it faster than me.

I'm not sure that it will really be better than a STR/Atk Kila +2, but I think it'll be more useful than the STP Fusetto +2 I have. With the TP Bonus Fusetto and my Moonshade, I'll get 4.5 fTP Rudra's at 100 TP instead of 3.5. So the most damaging hit gets a 30% damage bonus, which is ~+25% WS damage overall.

Again, as far as pure "overall damage," I'm not sure it beats the STR Kila +2. You trade +25% WS damage on Rudra's for 25 Attack and 9 STR (2 base damage). Whether that trade is worth it depends on how frequently you Rudra's. I'm just going to make one and try it out.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-15 07:15:00  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Yeah, Yuna and I started making TP Bonus +100 Fusettos about a day after this past patch, haha. Yuna is blowing through it faster than me.

I'm not sure that it will really be better than a STR/Atk Kila +2, but I think it'll be more useful than the STP Fusetto +2 I have. With the TP Bonus Fusetto and my Moonshade, I'll get 4.5 fTP Rudra's at 100 TP instead of 3.5. So the most damaging hit gets a 30% damage bonus, which is ~+25% WS damage overall.

Again, as far as pure "overall damage," I'm not sure it beats the STR Kila +2. You trade +25% WS damage on Rudra's for 25 Attack and 9 STR (2 base damage). Whether that trade is worth it depends on how frequently you Rudra's. I'm just going to make one and try it out.

i lucked out. i'd been stuck on the 300 cyclone vs beasts trial. i couldn't decide on which to do/if it was worth it. i was pretty sure this would be the best off hand for damage. show some ss when you're done byrth.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-15 07:18:31  
For those without rudra's though, better off with the str kilas for sure.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-15 07:51:52  
Yeah, undoubtably.

I'm not going to be dropping my STR Kila any time soon either. Outside Abyssea, STR Kilas have huge benefits. Base damage+2 to both hands and 25 Attack is a pretty huge increase in our damage.

But if I want to make the prettiest Rudra's -> Rudra's..... welll..... TP Bonus +100 for the win! Also, TP Bonus +100 is pretty awesome for an Aeolian Edge offhand.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-15 07:54:55  
Yeah Aeolian is the only one besides Shark Bite that would even get a damage boost at all. So no rush here to do the TP bonus one
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-15 08:55:39  
What's the best main hand for those without Rudra's? Did the Glavoid-orthrus path for my Ukon and have zero desire to repeat it.
Right now I have str & agi Kila+2's done. I imagine Phurba and TwiKnife are in the conversation somewhere.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-15 09:01:41  
for damage you'd want a dagger over 45 dmg. the str +8 harpe is pretty decent if you're not doing twashtar.
 Alexander.Akion
サーバ: Alexander
user: syn6769
By Alexander.Akion 2011-07-30 08:24:19  
I really hate to have to bring back up the beaten path of the best offhand for Twashtar, but all these posts seem a bit confusing to me. Currently I have EVA Kila +2, Auric, OA2~4 (which sadly sucks when combined with the Twatwaffle as I call it now, not gonna get into the /ragepanda ~ /wrists fits I had after throwing some RS's out for the first time on my DNC) Have plans on getting Phurba ASAP. But back to my main point ~ What is best for a serious DNC main to offhand? TP100 Fusetto for the increase on fTP or it seems the STR Kila+2? And also, the great debate over inside abyssea or outside abyssea offhands, once again what is best? I'm looking to obviously max my RS damage on my DNC outside of abyssea, because one day abyssea will be extinct and I'm finding that Evisceration > Rudra's Storm inside abyssea. (on another sidenote, any advice on moonshade earring augments? Obviously regain is very attractive, but does the regain beat out the 5% DA from Brutal or 5% Dual Wield from Suppa? If you have concrete evidence a link would GREATLY be appreciated or feel free to email me @ syn6769@yahoo.com if you'd rather email me) Lastly, thanks to all who have spent the time doing the testing and behind the scenes math on this stuff, because god knows I suck @ it xD
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-30 08:48:34  
Alexander.Akion said:
I really hate to have to bring back up the beaten path of the best offhand for Twashtar, but all these posts seem a bit confusing to me. Currently I have EVA Kila +2, Auric, OA2~4 (which sadly sucks when combined with the Twatwaffle as I call it now, not gonna get into the /ragepanda ~ /wrists fits I had after throwing some RS's out for the first time on my DNC) Have plans on getting Phurba ASAP. But back to my main point ~ What is best for a serious DNC main to offhand? TP100 Fusetto for the increase on fTP or it seems the STR Kila+2? And also, the great debate over inside abyssea or outside abyssea offhands, once again what is best? I'm looking to obviously max my RS damage on my DNC outside of abyssea, because one day abyssea will be extinct and I'm finding that Evisceration > Rudra's Storm inside abyssea. (on another sidenote, any advice on moonshade earring augments? Obviously regain is very attractive, but does the regain beat out the 5% DA from Brutal or 5% Dual Wield from Suppa? If you have concrete evidence a link would GREATLY be appreciated or feel free to email me @ syn6769@yahoo.com if you'd rather email me) Lastly, thanks to all who have spent the time doing the testing and behind the scenes math on this stuff, because god knows I suck @ it xD
Regain is kind of ***for any job that dual wields. Stick with brutal suppa. But, for Rudra's, TP Bonus moonshade/Brutal is probably your best bet. Get STR Kila and TP Bonus and use them accordingly. Inside abyssea, the STR Kila is probably more attractive since you'll most likely be using evisceration, outside, I can't really say from personal experience because mine isn't finished. But the TP Bonus would definitely help Rudra's, at what point the STR Kila helps it more, I'm not entirely sure.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-30 09:40:57  
if you're tanking something hard. eva kila. if you're doing a lot of mobs, especially trash mobs, you want the str kila off hand. the more mobs you're figting the further str kila pulls ahead. you should be saving rudra's for CF, and inbetween CF you could end up swinging 500 times on random mobs while spamming evis. if you're just popping mobs and you start each fight with a ws or have to build tp facing away and using steps, tp bonus +100 will pull ahead.

just like everything else in ffxi '***is situational'. the dagger you need to offhand is as varied as the amount of situations you put your dnc in.
 Alexander.Akion
By Alexander.Akion 2011-07-30 15:34:44  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
if you're tanking something hard. eva kila. if you're doing a lot of mobs, especially trash mobs, you want the str kila off hand. the more mobs you're figting the further str kila pulls ahead. you should be saving rudra's for CF, and inbetween CF you could end up swinging 500 times on random mobs while spamming evis. if you're just popping mobs and you start each fight with a ws or have to build tp facing away and using steps, tp bonus +100 will pull ahead.

just like everything else in ffxi '***is situational'. the dagger you need to offhand is as varied as the amount of situations you put your dnc in.

So i'll take it CF is better than Striking Flourish?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-30 15:35:23  
Alexander.Akion said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

So i'll take it CF is better than Striking Flourish?
Yes.
 Alexander.Akion
By Alexander.Akion 2011-07-30 23:25:20  
thanks for all the help :)