Drg Or Drk. Wut You Think?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » drg or drk. wut you think?
drg or drk. wut you think?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-10 12:19:30  
What? If I were responding to you in a fighting manner, trust me you'd know it. I was just making a general statement about ares body really. I don't know you, haven't had any interaction with you before this, and have 0 problem with you. If my words came off as hostile, we'll just go ahead and nip this now. Lol, I have nothing against you.
 Lakshmi.Sweetsnopea
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sweetsnopea 2009-10-10 12:25:39  
lol its all cool I'm just saying there's a lot of people out there that love to fight and make people upset
for instants
I was doing dyn and got my body armor for drg
I was of coarse excited because I got a new piece of armor
good to summon wyvy if ur subbing war or sam
as soon as I casted lots on it and got it another drg bitched my armor out even though he prob summons his wyvy with it on too
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-10 12:28:50  
Who DOESN'T summon their wyv w/ it if they have that body armor? >.> Is that what he was complaining about?

Either way, the way my dyna shell goes, if meet the lotting requirements, you can lot, regardless of gear.
 Lakshmi.Sweetsnopea
By Lakshmi.Sweetsnopea 2009-10-10 12:29:57  
yea lol that's dumb huh
he already has his armor so there was no reason to *** about it
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-10 12:39:46  
He does it to me too >.>;
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-10 12:43:37  
at the end of the day, the term loldrg was not invented for no reason, and SE had to change the way DRG is played to give it the ability to keep up with other DD. We cannot compare ourselves for instance against average DRKs or DRGs as you seem to know more about your job than the average player, and thats just it, comparing an average drg and an average drk is what is needed here.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-10 13:21:46  
I prefer good vs good rather than average vs average, just me.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-10 15:46:28  
shame cross server PvP is no longer running.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-10 17:17:09  
I have both jobs at 75 and if I were to merit at birds I would never go DRK over DRG, it just won't perform as well. DRK is my favorite job and the job of choice if I merit at mamools but for birds, DRG just blows DRK out of the water, no contest. If that DRG you posted had Aurum body but didn't use it then he was indeed a moron and bad at his job. He should've easily beaten you in WS damage, it's not even difficult when you have that much of an advantage as DRG.
 Lakshmi.Sweetsnopea
By Lakshmi.Sweetsnopea 2009-10-10 19:40:43  
the funny thing in that picture is the fact hes bashing loldrg but look at the bar on the side who's getting hit hard drgs why because they are taking hate because they are doing more dmg

like I said earlier everyone likes to be the best in the game and make others look bad that's why this game is sucky now because of all the retards that like to make themselves feel better about themselves by bashing other chars and jobs
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-10 19:57:05  
It's not fun comparing somthing that is average to something that is awesome.
Honestly the better gear you have, and the more knowledge of the game you have, the faster you will get somthing done. I don't want to merit with a DD that doesnt know what a haste setup is, it's boring and slow.

Honestly I would go with the job that has more survivability, drk just seems like a ticking time bomb.
 Lakshmi.Angrykitty
By Lakshmi.Angrykitty 2009-10-10 20:04:51  
Sagittario said:
I hereby provide evidence for the loldrgs who claim DRK cannot out damage a DRG, and just to rub it in I thought I would provide it on DRGs "speciality mob".

I would like to add that this comparison is against 2 quality DRGs who had good gear (Arazin turned up in full Aurum and both had Antares Harness

Not only was I consistently outparsing them, my phys attks were also higher 2/3 of the time and with dread spikes up and lvl3 desperate blows I could provide twice the damage on top of that than they could from jumps. Souleater was not used at all as its hardly suitable for a merit PT, so with that in mind that alot more potential damage. In terms of my gear over theres, there was no real difference, my WS gear consistted of Olibanum Sachet, Pallas braces and Wyvern Helm, the DRGs had Alky bracelets and one had Aurum pieces macrod in for his WS.

Lets see any lolDRG's come up with an excuse now. Oh and I realise that a DRG with Drakesbane would comfortably outdamage me for WS, but seeing as Penta Thrust is still supposedly superior to Guillotine on birds, both are multi hit and both have a STR mod, I think this is a very fair test.

what merits did the dragoons have, were they using food? I See you have food consumed... there's several factors that weigh in how much damage a particular job can do in this game, and SE has pretty much made all damage dealing jobs statistically the same. Your evidence is poor, and everyone's weaponskill damage in your party sucks. Anyone can skew numbers to make their particular job look better than another. Nobody listen to this idiot or anyone that says one particular job is better than another. It's all the same ***. Quit posting dipshit posts, thank you, have a nice day dumbass.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Angrykitty
By Lakshmi.Angrykitty 2009-10-10 20:05:49  
take that to the bank.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-10 20:28:46  
Angrykitty is angry.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-10 20:30:51  
Blazza said:
Angrykitty is angry.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-10 20:41:08  
Aaroca said:
It's not fun comparing somthing that is average to something that is awesome.
Honestly the better gear you have, and the more knowledge of the game you have, the faster you will get somthing done. I don't want to merit with a DD that doesnt know what a haste setup is, it's boring and slow.

Honestly I would go with the job that has more survivability, drk just seems like a ticking time bomb.

oshi, a good post, and in this thread!
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-10 20:48:32  
*insert obnoxious WAR SAM MNK DD post here*
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-10 21:03:03  
ohi VonKarma
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-10 21:20:10  
Vegetto said:
ohi VonKarma

Hello, my foolishly foolish fool.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-10 21:53:43  
User submitted image
Hey Filly. Know your role and shut your mouth. I can't stand women like you.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-11 14:58:55  
Angrykitty said:
Sagittario said:
I hereby provide evidence for the loldrgs who claim DRK cannot out damage a DRG, and just to rub it in I thought I would provide it on DRGs "speciality mob".

I would like to add that this comparison is against 2 quality DRGs who had good gear (Arazin turned up in full Aurum and both had Antares Harness

Not only was I consistently outparsing them, my phys attks were also higher 2/3 of the time and with dread spikes up and lvl3 desperate blows I could provide twice the damage on top of that than they could from jumps. Souleater was not used at all as its hardly suitable for a merit PT, so with that in mind that alot more potential damage. In terms of my gear over theres, there was no real difference, my WS gear consistted of Olibanum Sachet, Pallas braces and Wyvern Helm, the DRGs had Alky bracelets and one had Aurum pieces macrod in for his WS.

Lets see any lolDRG's come up with an excuse now. Oh and I realise that a DRG with Drakesbane would comfortably outdamage me for WS, but seeing as Penta Thrust is still supposedly superior to Guillotine on birds, both are multi hit and both have a STR mod, I think this is a very fair test.

what merits did the dragoons have, were they using food? I See you have food consumed... there's several factors that weigh in how much damage a particular job can do in this game, and SE has pretty much made all damage dealing jobs statistically the same. Your evidence is poor, and everyone's weaponskill damage in your party sucks. Anyone can skew numbers to make their particular job look better than another. Nobody listen to this idiot or anyone that says one particular job is better than another. It's all the same ***. Quit posting dipshit posts, thank you, have a nice day dumbass.

The idea was to show that without drakesbane the average DRG is not a better DD on birds. you can make all the excuses you want, the DRGs had good gear and were using sole sushi i was using rice dumplings coz im a cheapskate lol. If DRGs are so superior they should be able to outdamage DRK regardless of merits, for the record i have 2 STR merits atm, chances are they had more they looked like more serious players.

In response to Aaracos comment about survivability, DRK wins hands down lol. Can sleep/bind mobs, interrupt spells WS with TWO abilities, can drain upwards of 600hp in a matter of seconds and effectively raise a stoneskin in dread spikes... DRG can do a few handy things but I'm sorry just does not compare to DRK for survivability.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-11 15:05:39  
User submitted image

How dare you address me in such a manner, you foolish fool! Do you dare face the wrath of my whip?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-11 15:31:09  
Ignoring all the other crap for a minute... what's Healing Breath?
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-11 15:35:24  
Nightfyre said:
Ignoring all the other crap for a minute... what's Healing Breath?

lol i hope thats a rhetorical question ._.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-11 15:36:45  
No. ***. ***. I'll wait for you to figure out how it applies to the DRG vs DRK survivability argument.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-11 15:43:40  
Oh ok, correct me if I am wrong, but what sj do you need to have to have healing breath? mage right?

edit: oh and how much does it heal for?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-11 15:49:56  
Yes, /mage. But hey, you said survivability... A good HB build should have you basically back to full HP unless you got hit with something exceptionally nasty at just above your trigger point, which is very high if you have a good max HP set.

For /SAM survivability, I submit High and Super Jump along with Seigan-Third Eye if necessary. DRG isn't going to take hate in a protracted fight and thus can go all-out at all times without fear of taking hate beyond the tank's capacity to recover it.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-11 16:04:13  
Sagittario said:

The idea was to show that without drakesbane the average DRG is not a better DD on birds. you can make all the excuses you want, the DRGs had good gear and were using sole sushi i was using rice dumplings coz im a cheapskate lol. If DRGs are so superior they should be able to outdamage DRK regardless of merits, for the record i have 2 STR merits atm, chances are they had more they looked like more serious players.

A) The drgs did not have good gear
B) Sole sushi? really? On birds? That's like eating nothing at all. They get 5 str 5 dex, the acc is wasted. Hell, I can get 90% hitrate on birds w/ SAMURAI w/ polearm, there is no way a drg w/ good gear can't cap acc w/o sushi. They should have been using attack food. This actually hurts your case, as the drgs did not have good gear and were using gimp food

As far as survivability goes, drg wins easy. High jump 50% hate remove. Super jump 100% hate reset.

Edit:
Their gear is not good, but let's say it was, even if their gear was good, they still have no clue wtf they're doing, as they are using sole sushi on birds; i.e. not good players
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-11 16:05:03  
Ninian said:
User submitted image

How dare you address me in such a manner, you foolish fool! Do you dare face the wrath of my whip?

This does not work on Godot!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-11 16:07:51  
Nightfyre said:
Yes, /mage. But hey, you said survivability... A good HB build should have you basically back to full HP unless you got hit with something exceptionally nasty at just above your trigger point, which is very high if you have a good max HP set.

For /SAM survivability, I submit High and Super Jump along with Seigan-Third Eye if necessary. DRG isn't going to take hate in a protracted fight and thus can go all-out at all times without fear of taking hate beyond the tank's capacity to recover it.

So what if you get hit by something particularly nasty when you have no TP? You would be dead before you could get close to healing breath, and you wont be able to cure yourself because you have no shadows of seigan? Owned in seconds and unable to do any damage to it with no /SAM. Take DRK, DRK can drain upwards of 600hp in a few seconds, sleep and/or bind the mob and be gone before it has a chance to do anything with or without /SAM thanks to weapon bash/stun > cast, even if that went wrong weapon bash/stun dread spikes would buy you enough time between third eyes or allow the DRK to Zerg it gain TP and most likely survive the encounter. Can also prevent the mob using magic WS with WB/stun.

If you were DRG/SAM you would be eaten alive after your third eye run out, you cant enfeeble, you cant heal without /mage and you cant absorb.

edit: your talking about survivability as if it only matters in a PT. Its no use being able to half your hate when your on your own, unless you are admitting DRG is useless unless in a PT
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10