Drg Or Drk. Wut You Think?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » drg or drk. wut you think?
drg or drk. wut you think?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
 Lakshmi.Avinne
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-10-08 11:44:19  
Phatstackodax said:
yeah i know. but its more for me to have fun with. not really for any endgame purpose...

I lvled both DRK and DRG and both were probably equally well geared/merited. If you're doing it for fun, go DRG... I had a blast on that job and it had a bit more versatility as far as subs, etc went. Everytime I went DRK for merits, etc... I just felt like I should be on SAM or something and it was a bit disappointing.
 Seraph.Corleonis
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Corleonis 2009-10-08 11:44:22  
Fail attempt at trolling is fail.

You say DRK AF sucks balls, yet you wear 4/5? With pidgeon earrings? Reeeally? If you gear all you jobs that way my PLD could outparse you.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-08 11:46:36  
User submitted image
At this entire thread post-necro and especially Sagittario's lack of basic reading comprehension and pitiful attempt at what I could have sworn was e-thugging. And Manhattan's engrish, and... dammit, nevermind.

If you're an epeen player level DRK, if you like to solo level DRG, if you don't care level whichever *** job you like.
 Lakshmi.Avinne
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-10-08 11:47:06  
Honestly, I'll just say this... I recently quit and a merit party on my DRG is probably the only reason I can think of that I'd want all my gear back just to play for a few hours :P
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-10-08 11:47:10  
Haseyo said:
And the fact that Drk has JAs that increase attack and have Attack Bonus job traits.

Oh sure, 30 secs duration on 5min recast. Considering 15% increase in attack for that 30 secs, that would make 1.5% increase in att overall. Thats so impossible to gauge <.<
So if a drg has 410 base attack a drk has around 448+6. So great. Attack Bonus IV and and last resort should make a drk better than a war then, does it? No.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-08 11:50:02  
I thought this was Drk vs Drg, not War.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-08 11:50:59  
Then you're going to get into what subjob they'll be using.
 Unicorn.Manhattan
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Manhattan
By Unicorn.Manhattan 2009-10-08 11:52:18  
i dont care about drk or drg just leveling it for 66 for a maats cap, so i could wear pigeon earrings lol ^^im a boss ^^ *** drg & drk
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-08 11:57:36  
Lilbusta said:

Nahh, I'm done here. :P TO LE LINKSHELL
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 12:00:14  
Manhattan said:
i dont care about drk or drg just leveling it for 66 for a maats cap, so i could wear pigeon earrings lol ^^im a gimp ^^ *** drg & drk

ftfy
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 12:00:58  
Avinne said:
I recently quit

Boo, still gonna be around on the forums?
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2009-10-08 12:02:26  
i put war there because the increase is insignificant. Attack has diminishing return. If we consider drg combo with dia2 or 3. Thats -30% def that would make attack even less worthwhile (-30% def i think its like +42% att), specially on long battles.

IMO what makes war a better dd than both jobs is simply dot. And its dot comes from double attack and to a lesser, berserk.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-08 12:04:06  
Laphine said:
Haseyo said:
And the fact that Drk has JAs that increase attack and have Attack Bonus job traits.

Oh sure, 30 secs duration on 5min recast. Considering 15% increase in attack for that 30 secs, that would make 1.5% increase in att overall. Thats so impossible to gauge <.<
So if a drg has 410 base attack a drk has around 448+6. So great. Attack Bonus IV and and last resort should make a drk better than a war then, does it? No.

My drk has about 500 attack and with last resort about 600 >_> With a kabob closer to 700.

Edit: Don't forget Desperate Blows when /sam, mini-zerg is fun as hell when you have march and haste.
 Unicorn.Manhattan
By Unicorn.Manhattan 2009-10-08 12:11:45  
lol are u guys serious a drk & drg noting good to talk about but getting a maats cap! end of story , just face it u waisted ur time leveling the ***. ppl are saying drk cause they are drks.lmao
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-08 12:12:24  
Haseyo said:
Lilbusta said:

I just think they should delete all jobs except brd, cor, sam. They seem to be the only jobs that are useful for 99.999999% of the game. It's already dull that people are this picky so why not make it shitty with a polished turd on top of it.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-08 12:12:31  
Before I say what I'm about to say, note that I've either solo'd or done LS parties for the vast majority of my merits, so have never really been up against the best of the best DD. This statement is also heavily eye-balled. However.

A GOOD BLU shouldn't be far behind any DD on birds, refresh is all that's needed, no special songs (not even ballad) or dice rolls. MP Drainkiss and Magic Hammer should be plenty to keep on going. My Disseverement on a bird VERY rarely hits 1k, but it's close, and probably averages out at around 700 without CA. However, the fact that I'm casting 2-3 spells on EVERY mob really adds up to something a lot more significant, not to mention 800-1k Diss when I SC +~4-500 distortion (I do usually get it off in meripo, especially in a double brd party with less DD to contend with as I'm watching their tp).

Anyway the point of this is that since I finished the majority of my blu gear, I've easily been top DD in any bird party I've been in, with perhaps 1 polearm sam threatening my position. But go onto Mamool and I'm still up there, but getting out-parsed by the better geared DD's, then onto trolls, and I just plain suck. Still not gonna be beaten by any shitty geared players, but any half-decently geared DD job is gonna equal or pass me.

On top of that, put me in Einherjar and I'm out-parsing NO-ONE. (except on imps when no-one can ws >:D) It's partly because the shell I do it with is stupidly pimp, but mostly because my damage in there is just ***, even with the food that I don't eat on birds. Basically, blu spells just suck on high DEF mobs.

I'd love to parse myself on birds vs a REAL sam or drg and see whether I can maintain my claim, but my point is that it would have to be a pretty *** decent DD to beat me on birds. Anything else it's not so hard though.

Oh, and the reason blu colibri burns suck is because it's pretty hard to find 3-4 blus geared that well.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 12:14:11  
Manhattan said:
lol are u guys serious a drk & drg noting good to talk about but getting a maats cap! end of story , just face it u waisted ur time leveling the ***. ppl are saying drk cause they are drks.lmao

Well, you'll fit the stereotype quite well of maat's cap holders being gimp in the majority of their jobs, if not, all of their jobs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-08 12:14:25  
BRD COR SAM WAR RNG PLD RDM WHM BLM THF

Half the jobs in the game do it all, *** the rest amirite?
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2009-10-08 12:16:05  
Certainly Dracondria lol

Last Resort is 15% increase for 30 secs, but you stay without this boost for 270 secs. You actually get the boost 10% of the time at most. 10% of 15% boost is 1.5% att boost which i gave as +6 att.

I highly doubt you will be meeling in 500 attack with homam and other stuff. My drg has around 400-410. You Should be getting maybe +10 from perdu, +2 from fire bomblet (if i use the granade) and +3 from a adaberk (if i use askar). The rest of equipment is pretty much the same. So drk would actually have 469 if the drg has 410 attck.

But either way, attack is overrated. With 2x minuet, plus meat, plus a -def boost would make the attack pretty much capped for most jobs.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-08 12:17:04  
Just the basic 6 jobs can do it all, but people are too picky/greedy that they make so other jobs that people like can't get frequent invites and left to pick up the garbage just to make a pt.

Get off your high horses or take your ***to WoW where you'll be more welcomed.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-08 12:18:33  
And holy ***this thread exploded while I was writing that <_<

Too many words for me.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-08 12:18:54  
e-thug lmao
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-08 12:18:57  
Lilbusta said:
Haseyo said:
Lilbusta said:

I just think they should delete all jobs except brd, cor, sam. They seem to be the only jobs that are useful for 99.999999% of the game. It's already dull that people are this picky so why not make it shitty with a polished turd on top of it.

A factor of why I quit the other day, lol.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-08 12:20:10  
-beats on a random taru-
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-08 12:20:59  
That's why I switched servers.

I mean really sam/dncx6 can run this game. Screw the other jobs.

So *** all those other jobs that people enjoy. You wanna play this game and have fun? Level your overrated SAM and DNC! Only job choice to get anything done.
 Unicorn.Manhattan
By Unicorn.Manhattan 2009-10-08 12:22:22  
Sounds like someone mad! LMAO guess what I dontgive a *** im puttin it out there lol they suck!
it all about WAR,WHM,RDM,PLD,BST,RNG,NIN,SMN,COR,DNC,MNK,BLM,THF,BRD,SAM,BLU,PUP,SCH
*** the rest! anyone got problem text at me on unicorn! holla ^^
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-08 12:23:45  
Manhattan said:
Sounds like someone mad! LMAO i dont care im puttin it out there lol they suck! WAR,WHM,RDM,PLD,BST,RNG,NIN,SMN,COR,DNC,MNK,BLM,THF,BRD,SAM,BLU,PUP,SCH
*** the rest! anyone get problem text at me on unicorn! dont care! holla ^^

I can't text you! I don't have cross-server capability. 5k gil/message blows.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-08 12:24:01  
Well from the what I see on the OP's profile, he's leveling DRG. So think he got his answer long ago lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-08 12:24:03  
You put Pup over Drk?
Okay now you are officially a joke.
 Unicorn.Manhattan
By Unicorn.Manhattan 2009-10-08 12:24:34