Moogle, ASA And ACP Armor

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Moogle, ASA and ACP armor
Moogle, ASA and ACP armor
By Brink 2011-07-11 13:00:43  
Hey so i want to beef up my ranger and make a good WS set for Jishnu's, Wildfire and a good TP set, TP and Jishnu's set are most important would only do wilfefire if i got bored. Anyway i wanna know what would be good augments on the armor if im looking to put all three to ranger, and if any of the augmented pieces would not help then that's nice to know too. I know the ASA Legs im going to do Barrage +1 but i dont know what else. please help and thanks :)
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-07-11 20:49:59  
Barrage+1/Racc7 - Legs
Snapshot5/Ratk10 - Body (macro in for pre-shot)
WsACC+15/WsDMG2% - Head
By Brink 2011-07-11 22:32:21  
yah i was looking at the same legs and head, i forgot what i was looking at for the body. Noob but how would i set up a macro for preshot?
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-11 22:41:05  
Ragnarok.Ninurta said:
Barrage+1/Racc7 - Legs Snapshot5/Ratk10 - Body (macro in for pre-shot) WsACC+15/WsDMG2% - Head

Head with DEX+4 AGI+4 ws dmg+2% crit dmg+2% will give you much better results for jishnu's in abyssea. Not neccesary to put rng attk on body if you are macroing in for pre-shot only.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-07-11 23:04:52  
Fenrir.Curty said:
Ragnarok.Ninurta said:
Barrage+1/Racc7 - Legs Snapshot5/Ratk10 - Body (macro in for pre-shot) WsACC+15/WsDMG2% - Head

Head with DEX+4 AGI+4 ws dmg+2% crit dmg+2% will give you much better results for jishnu's in abyssea. Not neccesary to put rng attk on body if you are macroing in for pre-shot only.

I will respectfully disagree, and I will do so because Abyssea should not be a measurement of game mechanics; this is not to say you shouldn't have sets for inside and outside, that would obviously be negligent. Anyways, inside Abyssea, WsDMG/Crit DMG may outperform WsACC/WsDMG, but it will not be "much better." Your critical damage will be capped with SS/RR and Dead Aim (I have not seen an average increase using /NIN dual 6% Yata vs /SAM in my testing that would suggest otherwise) With that said, do as you wish with your augments, you may have more or less access to other equipment which may aid in your choice. I personally will continue to recommend WsACC/WsDMG; especially considering the copious amounts of ACC needed in Voidwatch at times and the hopeful transition out of Abyssea with future content. Body-wise you're correct, for pre-shot there's no other augment that would actually matter.

edit: Pre-shot macro, taken from another topic. Basically just macro from one to the other when firing.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-07-11 23:57:21  
no need to even use ACP body for rng. can use Heroes zone trophies to get Skopos Jerkin which can get Snapshot +5
By funstealer 2011-07-12 00:27:58  
amd no need to waste ur time on a ws head piece. just ws in ur tp gear with gandiva at 300% tp and do all the damage from ur dot like u should be doing anyways
 Phoenix.Bohgo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2011-07-12 20:22:50  
Entois Trousers can go into precast. Blood finger gauntlets can get +3 Snapshot augment for precast as well. Also, Sylvan Caban +2 has +5 snapshot.
By Greever 2011-07-14 15:06:46  
Phoenix.Bohgo said:
Entois Trousers can go into precast. Blood finger gauntlets can get +3 Snapshot augment for precast as well. Also, Sylvan Caban +2 has +5 snapshot.

That's how much the "enhances Velocity Shot" gives?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-14 15:12:46  
Fenrir.Curty said:
Ragnarok.Ninurta said:

This^ It's also nice for most of the other jobs that can use it for Crit WSs, CDC being one I can think of off the top of my head, Blade: Hi too.