user: beano
By Siren.Thebeano 2011-07-11 03:05:00  

Nice neck piece for para/slow
 Bahamut.Echojin
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: echojin
By Bahamut.Echojin 2011-07-11 03:32:45  
morri robe in nuke slot ftw! it is honestly really easy to get nowdays, and it will hopefully get some good augments soon. It is currently the best body for rdm nuke too!
 Bahamut.Echojin
user: echojin
By Bahamut.Echojin 2011-07-11 03:34:10  
also- rdm almost never has to do a para/slow in staves. You can add another 16 MND just from muse tariqah and mythic wand +1
 Sylph.Rorrick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-07-11 04:32:18  
I've found if I get resisted in Mythic/Muse, I probably won't land it in a staff.

Edit: That is to say, I only have a full potency macro and a full accuracy macro. If I get resisted in Mythic/Muse a few times in a row I just want it to land.

Also, those hands are doing literally nothing in that Enfeebling set.
 Siren.Moonflowyr
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Moonflowyr 2011-07-11 07:23:22  
thank you everyone for all the sweet info. this has helped a lot
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-07-11 07:31:37  
Just for reference, this is what I use for slow\para.

It's not perfect by any means, but atleast you get an idea what to aim for.
2x MND earrings, better pants/ring etc.
And if you wanna be un-lazy, augur gloves and have rules for af3 gloves when sab is up, etc(Cba to make one just for 1 extra mnd)
 Valefor.Sylvr
サーバ: Valefor
user: Sylvr
By Valefor.Sylvr 2011-07-28 02:55:13  
Shiva.Moogleking said:
Basic rule of thumb is if the mob is resisting your enfebbles then you need to increase enfeebling magic and magic accuracy. If mob is not resisting then you increase mnd and int for max duration and potency. Mnd for white magic enfeebles, slow, para, silence and addle and the rest are Int black magic enfeebles such as sleep, bind, gravity and so on. Unless the mob is immune then you shouldnt have problems landing anything with the proper set up. Good luck.

When I played RDM seriously (pre-Abyssea), my rule of thumb was that if I got resisted in full potency gear, I just recast the spell in full potency gear until it landed. If you get resisted on a capped RDM, assume that you just barely got resisted- especially now with lvl 90 skill (I almost never get resisted on my WHM or BLM with full Potency sets). The recast on these spells isn't very long, especially if you've Composure-Hasted yourself. The extra potency of the debuff will almost always be worth it in a fight where the mob will last the duration of the debuff (which are the only mobs people are likely to bring a RDM to anyway).

That being said, their MIGHT be some mobs out there that still resist even a RDM a fair amount, but I must assume that they are few and far between. I wouldn't carry extra Enfeebling+ and M.ACC gear unless you know you're going to be fighting these mobs. If you absolutely must have an Accuracy set, piece it together with stuff that you're already gonna have on you from other sets.
 Bahamut.Yoroitsune
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Yoroitsune 2011-07-28 05:07:01  

MND Enfeebles

Accuracy Build (Read: Blind, Gravity, Bind, Break, Poison)

Pew Pew