WI Conservative SC Judge Assaults Female Judge

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » WI Conservative SC Judge Assaults Female Judge
WI Conservative SC Judge Assaults Female Judge
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-06-25 12:08:00  
If you vote conservative, this is what you are enabling. Wake up or don't be surprised when it is your turn. The only thing these people know how to do when they don't hear what they want is resort to violence.

Quote:
Report: Prosser grabbed fellow court justice's neck during argument

Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser allegedly grabbed fellow Justice Ann Walsh Bradley around the neck in an argument in her chambers last week, according to at least three knowledgeable sources.

(...)

Prosser acknowledged in March that he called Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson a "***" and threatened to "destroy" her during a closed-door meeting.

At the time, Prosser told the Journal Sentinel that the outburst to Abrahamson came after the chief justice took steps to undermine him politically and to embarrass him and other court conservatives.

"In the context of this, I said, 'You are a total ***," Prosser said. "I probably overreacted, but I think it was entirely . . . warranted. They (Abrahamson and Bradley) are masters at deliberately goading people into perhaps incautious statements. This is bullying and abuse of very, very long standing."

(shorter Prosser: the *** deserved it)

link
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-25 12:10:46  
Implying that a terrible act by one individual is representative of everyone else with the same political beliefs?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-06-25 12:17:59  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Implying that a terrible act by one individual is representative of everyone else with the same political beliefs?
when the entire state political system will shift around him in such a way that he will get away with it, *** yes.

edit: expect my full apology on this matter the day he is dragged off the bench.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-25 12:28:14  
Quote:
The only thing these people know how to do when they don't hear what they want is resort to violence.
Basically you are spinning this as "Every conservative is inherently violent and thus you should not vote for them."

After reading the article, it sounds to me like Prosser has some anger management issues (which are well known by his colleagues), and Abrahamson goaded him into attacking knowing full well that this could happen (possibly with the intent of it happening). Because of his problems, Prosser should probably not be in the position that he is, but Abrahamson is also partially at fault.

Quote:
expect my full apology on this matter the day he is dragged off the bench.
If these events really did occur, I agree that he should be removed from his position. However, I also feel that if Abrahamson intentionally coerced these events to happen, she should also be removed.
 Bahamut.Ilvex
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ilvex
By Bahamut.Ilvex 2011-06-25 12:45:31  
My Wife goaded me in to beating her officer, it's her fault! she asked for!
That's basiclly what you just said.
Nothing I say entitles you to physical harm me, thought we all learned this in elementary school. And you'd think a federal Judge should have enough fing respect and act like a damn adult, yelling and the *** comment is w/e, but the physical assualt is never justified.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-25 13:11:11  
Chokin' *** is always the answer.
[+]
 Sylph.Maruraba
サーバ: Sylph
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2011-06-25 13:31:11  
This is like implying that voting for liberals is supporting people who like to send people pictures of their junk, ala Anthony Weiner.

On that note, here's a picture of a ***.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-25 14:38:46  
Bahamut.Ilvex said:
My Wife goaded me in to beating her officer, it's her fault! she asked for!
That's basiclly what you just said.
Nothing I say entitles you to physical harm me, thought we all learned this in elementary school. And you'd think a federal Judge should have enough fing respect and act like a damn adult, yelling and the *** comment is w/e, but the physical assualt is never justified.
Notice that I said I think he should be removed for what he did (if he did it). I added that if Abrahamson goaded him WITH THE INTENTION OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE HAPPENING she should also be removed. Using your example of domestic violence, if the wife goaded the husband into attacking with the intention of getting hurt in order to get the husband in trouble, she is also at fault.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-25 14:40:50  
Sylph.Maruraba said:
This is like implying that voting for liberals is supporting people who like to send people pictures of their junk, ala Anthony Weiner.

An auspicious name don't you think? Truly the creator authors a destiny for each and every one of us!
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-06-25 14:41:10  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Basically you are spinning this as "Every conservative is inherently violent and thus you should not vote for them."
I'm inclined to agree. That seems like a bit of a stretch.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-06-25 14:45:36  
Phoenix.Mogue said:
If you vote conservative, this is what you are enabling. Wake up or don't be surprised when it is your turn. The only thing these people know how to do when they don't hear what they want is resort to violence.
Oh Definitely everyone who votes right leaning wants this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ilvex
By Bahamut.Ilvex 2011-06-25 14:47:09  
@.Kirana honestly I feel you are very wrong, there is nothing that I or anyone else can SAY that justifies physical violence, other action may justify it at times, defense of one self or others from bodily harm etc..

Calling you names, saying I slept with you brother, father, mother, dog, cat or any other "goading" technique does not justify some one assaulting you or anyone else.

You are blaming a victim, like saying that women wanted to get raped because of the way she was dressed, she was "asking" for it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-06-25 14:54:45  
Bahamut.Ilvex said:
@.Kirana honestly I feel you are very wrong, there is nothing that I or anyone else can SAY that justifies physical violence, other action may justify it at times, defense of one self or others from bodily harm etc..

Calling you names, saying I slept with you brother, father, mother, dog, cat or any other "goading" technique does not justify some one assaulting you or anyone else.

You are blaming a victim, like saying that women wanted to get raped because of the way she was dressed, she was "asking" for it, is a typical weak person fall back defense.

Perhaps I misread but I don't think Kirana is justifying it. Just saying that if that is the case they both deserve to be removed. Justification would be an excuse to blame another rather than take responsibility for your actions.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-25 14:58:52  
Phoenix.Mogue said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
when the entire state political system will shift around him in such a way that he will get away with it, *** yes.

edit: expect my full apology on this matter the day he is dragged off the bench.

Yeah, progressives never get away with anything.

Less dickish edit: Conservatives help out conservatives, liberals help out liberals. This really isn't new, and the idea definitely isn't restricted to one political party.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-25 15:06:03  
Bahamut.Ilvex said:

You are blaming a victim, like saying that women wanted to get raped because of the way she was dressed, she was "asking" for it.
You are twisting my words quite a bit. Never did I say that the violence is justified, I mentioned that I thought it should be punished and even pointed that out to you. What I said is that if the victim was ACTIVELY TRYING TO GET ATTACKED (likely with the intention of getting the attacker in trouble) then they are ALSO at fault (notice the very important word "also"). The attacker's actions are not "justified" and should be punished, but we should never ignore the other side of the case.

Quote:
This is absolutely NOT what I am saying.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-25 15:11:33  
Exactly why I don't like politics.. Tired of this agenda on one side or another.. As Chris Rock said, "if you've already made up your mind on subject before you've even heard the argument, you are a *** idiot." (Not word for word, but damn close)..

Aligning yourself to one side or the other, usually means you're expected to take that side's stance on EVERYTHING, and people who do that are just so far beyond stupid..
 Bahamut.Ilvex
By Bahamut.Ilvex 2011-06-25 15:15:34  
I don't see why she should be removed unless she also hit him.
By saying that she should also be removed you are blaming a victim for some other persons actions
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-25 15:17:53  
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-25 15:18:57  
Bahamut.Ilvex said:
It all depends on what really happened. IF she was taking advantage of the situation (knowing he had anger problems) to get attacked and make her opposition look bad, I don't feel as though she is fit for her position (of course, even if this is the case she will never admit it. She will play it off as though she was attacked without provocation).
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-06-25 15:20:59  
Bahamut.Ilvex said:
By saying that she should also be removed you are blaming a victim for some other persons actions
Maybe for being the playground bully/antagonizing.
 Bahamut.Ilvex
By Bahamut.Ilvex 2011-06-25 15:24:34  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Ilvex said:
It all depends on what really happened. IF she was taking advantage of the situation (knowing he had anger problems) to get attacked and make her opposition look bad, I don't feel as though she is fit for her position (of course, even if this is the case she will never admit it. She will play it off as though she was attacked without provocation).

It does not matter what she said, plain and simple, unless she also touched hit w/e him, then ALL the blame is on him.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-25 15:26:38  
Bahamut.Ilvex said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Ilvex said:

It does not matter what she said, plain and simple, unless she also touched hit w/e him, then ALL the blame is on him.
So you're saying there's no difference between him just walking into her office and choking her, compared to him walking in, being provoked, and then choking her?

edit: what you don't seem to realize is that he was/is also a victim in this case, you need to look at both sides.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-25 15:27:11  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Ilvex said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Ilvex said:

So you're saying there's no difference between him just walking into her office and choking her, compared to him walking in, being provoked, and then choking her?
Legally, no
 Bahamut.Ilvex
By Bahamut.Ilvex 2011-06-25 15:27:52  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Ilvex said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Ilvex said:

Legally, no
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-25 15:29:24  
If she walked up to the police right now and said "I wanted him to choke me so I could make him look bad, so I provoked him into attacking me. I knew it would work because he had a history of violent outbursts." Would you still think she should keep her position?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-25 15:30:37  
idk what their code of ethics are, so I can't answer based on that. Answering based on the law, that's still not illegal, so no.

If you're willing to provide me w/ that job position's code of ethics and/or show where its in violation of anything in it, my answer is subject to change.
 Bahamut.Ilvex
By Bahamut.Ilvex 2011-06-25 15:31:07  
yes, because once again no action short of physical violence begets physical violence, and even that isn't true a lot of the time.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-25 15:32:12  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
idk what their code of ethics are, so I can't answer based on that. Answering based on the law, that's still not illegal, so no.

If you're willing to provide me w/ that job position's code of ethics and/or show where its in violation of anything in it, my answer is subject to change.
I'm basing my argument on personal opinions thus far (and asking others for your opinions), not on law and/or policies.
First Page 2