フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Body Slam
Body Slam
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Faelar
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-24 19:07:57  
With the 2-3 Rank fights uncapped now, is it possible to learn Body Slam from the rank dragons? Or did they not use it in the first place? I did that mission loooooooooong ago and can't recall if they do or not. But if they do, this would be the best way to learn Body Slam. Dahaks suck lol.

Anyone happen to know?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-06-24 19:13:52  

I'm not a fan of the recoil damage you tak-
oh
I'm sorry
Wrong subject
Carry on
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-06-24 19:16:37  
Bismarck.Faelar said:
With the 2-3 Rank fights uncapped now, is it possible to learn Body Slam from the rank dragons? Or did they not use it in the first place? I did that mission loooooooooong ago and can't recall if they do or not. But if they do, this would be the best way to learn Body Slam. Dahaks suck lol.

Anyone happen to know?
I do believe it is possible, but I haven't played since before that update.

It's similar to when they removed the level cap on the Aqueducts and you could actually learn Frightful Roar at the right level.

@Wolfshadow: Body Slam doesn't have recoil damage. :P
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-06-24 19:22:35  
Dragons in Abyssea - Attohwa.

You're welcome.

NEVERMIND they don't use it. The BC fight for WotG works.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-24 19:22:51  
You must be thinking Double-Edge.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-06-24 19:24:14  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Bismarck.Faelar said:

Anyone happen to know?
I do believe it is possible, but I haven't played since before that update.

It's similar to when they removed the level cap on the Aqueducts and you could actually learn Frightful Roar at the right level.

@Wolfshadow: Body Slam doesn't have recoil damage. :P
Right, that's um, whats it, take down
Well ***
You win this round magic man
But not the war
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-06-24 19:25:01  
Ramuh.Austar said:
You must be thinking Double-Edge.
Take down, so close QQ
Knew it was something that snorlax could use though
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-24 19:28:16  
Snorlax can learn both.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-06-24 19:30:06  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Snorlax can learn both.
Yes, but I was thinking of Take Down, only 1/4th recoil damage on that one iirc. Anyways to answer OP's question, wiki says they use heavy stomp, which generally indicates they're unable to use Body Slam. Dahaks on mount z really aren't that bad, just so long as you don't have like 18 buffs on you if it uses nullsong. Or just silence it and they won't use any songs at all. Gives even more chance for body slam :p.

Or hell you could even do MMM, those dragons use body slam if you're able to get the right tabulla/runes etc to get them to appear.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-24 19:32:40  
What happened to that babe you had as your avatar? :(
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-06-24 19:34:14  
Bismarck.Faelar said:
With the 2-3 Rank fights uncapped now

When did this happen, I missed the memo >_>;
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-06-24 19:41:42  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Too many creepers

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bismarck.Faelar said:
With the 2-3 Rank fights uncapped now

When did this happen, I missed the memo >_>;
I think it was during the heroes of abyssea update, they also uncapped the 5-1 fight with the skelez that used to be capped at level 50
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-24 19:42:56  
I only watched from a distance. :(
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-24 19:43:40  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Too many creepers

Anywho, thanks, I guess I'll try Dahaks with a few friends. Sucks tho :/ lol
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-06-24 19:48:41  
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Too many creepers

Anywho, thanks, I guess I'll try Dahaks with a few friends.
If you're at 90 and you have half an idea of what to do, you should be able to solo these np, even with just remotely acceptable basic gear sets.

No offense but they really aren't hard, there isn't really any reason you can't solo them at 90, especially if /nin.

Just buff up, keep them slowed and silenced with cimicine discharge/filamented hold and auroral drape/chaotic eye respectively, flash with actinic burst if you need to or just put up occultation, just get it to 25% as fast as you can with spells such as quad cont, dissev, goblin rush, w/e your usual medium of killage is, and then at that point just melee it down until you either feel unsafe keeping it alive any longer or are just getting pissed off, in which case you can probably kill it instantly with a quad cont.

If you take it in stride, one at a time, you can just rest your mp after each one, meaning you shouldn't be in any danger at all.

edit: ...what did I just watch @_@
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-24 19:52:10  
Currently 77 and catching up on spells, will save this spell til 90 and try what you suggested. Thanks!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-06-24 19:55:43  
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Currently 77 and catching up on spells, will save this spell til 90 and try what you suggested. Thanks!
Ah, well, yes, at that level you'll probably want some degree of assistance, but probably just one person for support would be the extent of what you need really.
Frenetic rip and disseverment deal acceptable amounts of damage to them, and they're good for dem tp feedingz. Assuming you have enough blue magic skill that they'd land and have the gear sets for them :p.

Tbh the only irksome spell I'd think to get at 90 would be Sub-Zero smash just because they almost never use it if solo and they love to terrorize you, them filthy walrusez
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-24 19:58:26  
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ah, well, yes, at that level you'll probably want some degree of assistance, but probably just one person for support would be the extent of what you need really. Frenetic rip and disseverment deal acceptable amounts of damage to them, and they're good for dem tp feedingz. Assuming you have enough blue magic skill that they'd land and have the gear sets for them :p. Tbh the only irksome spell I'd think to get at 90 would be Sub-Zero smash just because they almost never use it if solo and they love to terrorize you, them filthy walrusez

My skill is capped for my level (been keeping up with it lol), and most spells I learn in 1-2 sightings, thank god. Feather Barrier and Sound Blast have been the biggest headaches so far (7 hours for Sound Blast omgwtf!)

Yeah I helped a friend with Sub-Zero Smash before.....I'm definately dreading doing that one again.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-24 20:10:24  
Regurgitation works if you're feeling extra paranoid. I solo'd the Dahaks for Body Slam back at 75 using it to whittle them down to 25% then spamming Bludgeon from there. You may or may not need to sleep them as well.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-06-24 20:13:58  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Regurgitation works if you're feeling extra paranoid. I solo'd the Dahaks for Body Slam back at 75 using it to whittle them down to 25% then spamming Bludgeon from there. You may or may not need to sleep them as well.
That's what I did at 75 for Wamoura and Exuviation, to go up close and melee them was just far too risky imho, I still don't like to even go near Wamouras after a few near death experiences in trying to get it. (And admittedly a couple death...death experiences)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-24 20:19:59  
Soloing Wamoura with Regurgitation was an odd experience for me. You always hear about how nasty they are, but bind lands easily and so does sleep on the rare chances you get a half duration bind. It's also the only move they'll use at range, so it ends up being relatively painless to learn if you go that route.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-24 20:23:05  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Soloing Wamoura with Regurgitation was an odd experience for me. You always hear about how nasty they are, but bind lands easily and so does sleep on the rare chances you get a half duration bind. It's also the only move they'll use at range, so it ends up being relatively painless to learn if you go that route.

Links. The only real issue my friend and I had learning it at 75.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-06-24 20:30:33  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Links. The only real issue my friend and I had learning it at 75.
^
The initial pull was the hardest part imho, the wamouracampas/other wamouras nearby would flutter over and be all "hey guyz sup lewl", at which point I'd stop breathing in hopes they wouldn't notice one of their fluttery brethren was being fought.

But I tend to be really impatient at times and would go in close to bludgeon or something then sleep/run away and it would proboscis or something terrible.

Also unless you're at the full distance of 20' away, which admittedly I slobbed up and was sitting at like 15' or something, the other moves have some range on them still, especially Erratic Flutter from what I remember.
And at which point that eats all your shadows, and even with a short casting time on Ni they'd be able to interrupt it. It would be at that point I'd sleep it with my hp at like, 2%, or something, and something terrible would usually follow suit.
 Asura.Wordspoken
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Wordspoken 2011-06-24 21:10:41  
Tried to learn Body Slam from 2-3 fight btw. Saw mob using it but didn't learn it.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-24 21:13:57  
Asura.Wordspoken said:
Tried to learn Body Slam from 2-3 fight btw. Saw mob using it but didn't learn it.

It used it? o.O Interesting.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-06-25 09:17:32  
I think you can learn it from the nms in aby attowa or w/e(auto - translate spoils me). If you need help you can always shout for bale choker run. May not be ideal, but you can at least reserve something.
 Fenrir.Ieyasu
By Fenrir.Ieyasu 2011-06-25 09:37:47  
Had absolutely no problem other than the occasional petrification with Dahak's in Mt. Zhayolm at lv.90
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-26 00:31:06  
Gonna try Dahaks in the morning.

Another question, since Sacrarium is uncapped, can you learn Memento Mori from Keremet (CoP mission boss)?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-06-26 00:41:00  
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Gonna try Dahaks in the morning. Another question, since Sacrarium is uncapped, can you learn Memento Mori from Keremet (CoP mission boss)?
Yes.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-26 00:42:22  
Asura.Vyre said:
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Gonna try Dahaks in the morning. Another question, since Sacrarium is uncapped, can you learn Memento Mori from Keremet (CoP mission boss)?
Yes.

Sweet. 1 less headache to deal with.
First Page 2 3