What Kind Of Guy/girl Do U Like?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » what kind of guy/girl do u like?
what kind of guy/girl do u like?
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 170 171 172

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-07 16:33:29  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
That je ne sais quoi.

/nod, it's very difficult to describe. I wish I could think of some concrete attributes to define both terms, but it's so subjective. For instance, a guy could like doing nice things for woman--and while this is something that's very common for the beta community to do, it can be perfectly alpha if the man's doing it because he wants to, not just because he wants to please a woman. I don't even know if that makes sense.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-07 16:34:29  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Perhaps we can attribute Alpha and Beta statuses to specific areas of our lives?

I'm definitely alpha when it comes to it career/education wise.

Yeah, there's that too.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-07 16:41:46  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
yeah intentions and feelings make a man one or the other than actions. it does make sense

/nod It's really hard to describe though. I hope that helped to illustrate my point a little bit. :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-07 16:42:13  
Fenrir.Niniann said:
I dunno, I think people have the wrong definition of alpha, and unfortunately I'm doing a poor job of describing it. @@;
Is this in reply to what I said? If so, I'm not confused at all. Yeah, they don't have to be insensitive douches, but there is a level of emotional attachment I need that they -usually- cannot provide. Does not mean they're a douche, lol.

There's a lot that can be said on the subject. But you're right, it's not that easy to explain. Cata does explain it nicely though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-07 16:43:56  
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
That je ne sais quoi.
/nod, it's very difficult to describe. I wish I could think of some concrete attributes to define both terms, but it's so subjective. For instance, a guy could like doing nice things for woman--and while this is something that's very common for the beta community to do, it can be perfectly alpha if the man's doing it because he wants to, not just because he wants to please a woman. I don't even know if that makes sense.
This is part of what I meant by a happy medium. :) It makes sense.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2011-08-07 16:45:16  
If i'm not (atleast i don't think i am) a douche but i'm caring and understanding and only a few things makes me emotionally sensitive but i'm generally passive but make decisions and speak my mind if i disagree with something then what category would i be classified as O_o?

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-07 16:58:44  
I was going to say I'd need more info. :p

-Edit! And it's really hard to say from forums posts anyway. :3
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-07 17:03:01  
@Yomi: Yeah the balance is more of a personality thing than an alpha/beta thing. Sensitive/caring alphas ftw.

@Josiah: you mean they want to be a queen with a slave? lol

@volk: I can't make a judgment based on that information. I usually label everyone a beta until proven otherwise.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-07 17:07:42  
Fenrir.Niniann said:
@Yomi: Yeah the balance is more of a personality thing than an alpha/beta thing. Sensitive/caring alphas ftw.

@volk: I can't make a judgment based on that information. I usually label everyone a beta until proven otherwise.
Being alpha or beta is part of their personality. Now you're going off in the wrong direction. :> And wow at the labels! XD
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-07 17:07:56  
@Jo: I see.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-07 17:10:56  
@Yomi: It's only part of their personality. I'm doing a trainwreck of a job trying to illustrate my point. Being sensitive/caring isn't part of that. However betas are usually more sensitive/caring than alphas (at least artificially).
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-07 17:13:39  
Alpha for A-team
Beta for ***...it all makes sense when you is making the first letters match ups.
[+]
 Fenrir.Saeki
user: Mirae
By Fenrir.Saeki 2011-08-07 17:17:20  
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
I agree about manners. I'm actually the princess type, everything must be clean and in order, talk has to be polite(outside of bed at least *winks* ), I don't want someone that eats or act in general like a neanderthal. Oddly my brother is a savage, which is weird since we've had the same education. And I can't stand having him around the house!
Yeah, I wouldn't be able to stand having someone who can't at least say 'thank you'. I'm not too fussy about being clean (am fussy about hygiene though)... my room is a mess! xD

Fenrir.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Saeki said:
Psh. I have a thing for dorks myself, as long as they don't ignore your existence all the time and game alone xD

I hate this.
Yeah. T_T The trick is to game together, much nicer!

Quote:
Macho alpha men I'll have to pass!

Quote:
You don't have to be 'macho' to be an alpha. D: Beta males gtfo, alphas onry.

Fenrir.Niniann said:
Caitsith.Zahrah said:
Have to agree with Nini here. Sniveling betas do not make good mates for alphas. Someone always ends up with hurt feelings.

By golly! Nini and I seem to have the same taste in men!

Yeah, it's horrible. I don't want to have to tiptoe around someone's feelings. I want to do whatever I want to do, and I want to know that they're fine with it and/or support me. I like a man who's confident in himself and knows that I only want him. I don't want to be with someone who's afraid to lose me and clings onto me. I don't want to be with someone who thinks they're going to die if I'm not around. Yeaaaah.

It's because we're awesome, thus our taste in men is awesome! >:3
[/quote]
It's true about not having to be macho to be an alpha. I guess that sounded a bit generalizing, sorry! I guess what I want to say is that guys that fit into the typical alpha traits and are macho are not my thing.
In the same way though, beta males don't necessarily have to be clingy and have no confidence.
Confidence is good, but sometimes it gets to people's heads and they think (know?) that they can get any girl they want with their charm and good looks. I like a guy with some confidence, but who's not overly dominant. Often confidence comes from experience, and those with less of it just may be late bloomers in certain departments. Often they just need the experience!
Dorky interests and sense of humour = win. :3 I'm interested in someone that's there for the long run, and not just a quick bout of fun (not saying you guys are, by the way!).
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-07 17:17:39  
Healthy narcissism explains a lot if it. And yes, I did say part of their personality. Now it's all being butchered. If we're talking about the whole package, it's part of that. Because you don't go "THERE'S AN ALPHA MALE, ME WANT! THAT'S ALL I NEED!" If you do, something is probably wrong.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-07 17:20:33  
A beta is the stereotypical "nice guy" most girls know but don't want to date. A good alpha is the nice guy most girls want to date (EDIT: insofar as it's a desirable characteristic, not necessarily that this guy specifically is desired by many women. Differences in taste elsewhere will be a factor but he's probably considered generally "dateable", even if the specific woman wouldn't date him). Douchebags can be either, but are frequently betas in disguise. I could give examples of alpha/beta behavior but I think that gives a decent overall idea.

Also, what Catastrophe said. *** love confidence etc.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-07 17:30:11  
Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha said:
Healthy narcissism explains a lot if it. And yes, I did say part of their personality. Now it's all being butchered. If we're talking about the whole package, it's part of that. Because you don't go "THERE'S AN ALPHA MALE, ME WANT! THAT'S ALL I NEED!" If you do, something is probably wrong.

Well, yeah. It is the package. I don't want beta anywhere in the package I'm going to receive though! :x
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-07 17:43:40  
I'm with Nini all the way on this.

I like someone who is challenging and decisive. I can't be bothered with someone who is boring or who dithers. I like when guys are up for a good adventure, and can take the initiative to plan our next one. I hate making all of the choices too. That annoys me to no end.

Admittedly, I can be a space-case which is sometimes written off as me being insensitive. I tend to go with guys who are fiery and passionate about certain subjects. Even if I don't agree with them I like it when they stick to their guns. They at least make you think.

^^^These are what I see as alpha traits.^^^

I have a tendency to be overly vain, stubborn, judgmental and fiercely protective over certain people sometimes. When I jump off the deep end only guys on the same tier have been able to empathize, and pull me back before I do or say something stupid.
By volkom 2011-08-07 17:54:03  
Caitsith.Zahrah said:
I'm with Nini all the way on this.

I like someone who is challenging and decisive. I can't be bothered with someone who is boring or who dithers. I like when guys are up for a good adventure, and can take the initiative to plan our next one. I hate making all of the choices too. That annoys me to no end.

Admittedly, I can be a space-case which is sometimes written off as me being insensitive. I tend to go with guys who are fiery and passionate about certain subjects. Even if I don't agree with them I like it when they stick to their guns. They at least make you think.

^^^These are what I see as alpha traits.^^^

I have a tendency to be overly vain, stubborn, judgmental and fiercely protective over certain people sometimes. When I jump off the deep end only guys on the same tier have been able to empathize, and pull me back before I do or say something stupid.

what certain subjects?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-07 17:57:06  
Politics, religion, etc...
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2011-08-07 17:59:55  
Pffffft

I'd like to have those type of conversations with people

Either they don't like voicing their opinions or just ignorant as hell

Last time I had a serious politic talk was with Uri over xbox live.... I know sad

Last time I tried doing that with random work folks we ended up talking about a girls ***

I know right
By volkom 2011-08-07 18:00:50  
Caitsith.Zahrah said:
Politics, religion, etc...
eww religion. politics,movies,books,technology,business i can do :D
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-07 18:02:01  
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Pffffft

I'd like to have those type of conversations with people

Either they don't like voicing their opinions or just ignorant as hell

Last time I had a serious politic talk was with Uri over xbox live.... I know sad

Last time I tried doing that with random work folks we ended up talking about a girls ***

I know right

Uh oh! Is this my queue to get off of here, and pay attention to LoL?
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 170 171 172