users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Spharai
Spharai
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-27 12:33:07  
I wasnt thinking rework the ws for it instead perhaps either add a hard to obtain wsnm thats useable by any weapon or perhaps select ones or just add a new comparable ws obtained from skill level.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Only people who considered spharai underrated before are ones who only ever did HNM and lol'd mnk at HNM. As far as salvage goes every monk I know who did salvage when spharai were best and destroyers were the only other option all wanted spharai.
Huh? I consider them underrated because in my experience most people didn't fully appreciate the benefits of Spharai. I never did HNM or particularly cared what jobs were good for it.

I didnt mean quite everyone sorry but alot ppl always believed only worthwhile relics were amano, aegis or gjalla for quite sometime. Not that many people on Fairy had Spharai that I managed to exp with, the potential was there to beat destroyers but either some of them went with using the relic ws instead of asuran fists and the others used to str/attk build asuran with sushi or meat and whiff several hits esp on colibri. Never merrited with Lysol though, used to beat Tiger apparently @ 75 according to Tiger.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-27 12:37:46  
I used to beat Lysol at sky gods at 75 and I was using destroyers.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-27 12:42:06  
Well thats what Tiger told me, maybe it was very close or a one off idk, either way I still like the weapon. Just have to think is Vsmite really the last ws we will ever use? A ws otainable at 85 through to 99. Possible and if so perhaps spharai will remain inferior if not though they may have some chance.
By Ska681 2011-06-27 13:02:38  
to OP from what people believe spharai will have 15% counter at 99 and that means you cap counter w/ just a macro and you weapon. granted they are weaker to the vere when it comes to damage. Even in abyssea you can beat the damage from vere using spharai by adding another atma
GH,RR,SS and still having capped counter sounds like a win to me. I read all up to the second page and i guess those people cant think outside the box at all. and someone is ganna say this so i just beat them to it. (what happens when you need that third atma for a certain NM) well in that case you could drop the one you want put the added atma on and still have counter capped and deal w/ it for that NM. Outside of abyssea spharai will loose unless you are tanking then the extra attack/pdt/acc you would get from a high lvl mob will just be a win far as i am concerned. It really goes back to one of the frist few posts what job will you play more mnk or drk if you say mnk the spharai will be a win for you and you should make them. Its you game and if you choose to make them then do it!!!!!
AND just for you guys saying the other weapons look stupid only 1 thing i got for you KENKONKEN's> all
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-06-27 13:18:20  
Spharai also has the benefit of not being tied to a specific WS to keep up ODD aftermath.

More specifically, while you don't have access to VS with Spharai, we're more than certainly going to get 1-2 more WSs to 99, and if one of them is better than VS, Spharai will easily take the lead as best DD weapon due to superior DPS, Attack, and Counter.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-27 13:23:20  
Couldnt of said it better, meant to add it to my last post regarding a new ws making aftermath redundant, truth is we wont know obviously till 99. Could even be a quested ws usable only with certains weapons, may even allow the weapons aftermath to work too.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-27 13:23:59  
Yeah, lot of "what ifs"

Personally, i don't think we will see something better than VS and wouldnt be surprised if we don't.

Also, for all we know, the level 95 and 99 trials could give a damage boost to VS with vere.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [110 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-10-15 10:52:52  
So I did Apoc. At 90 I was really happy with it but on 95 Apoc is just amazing outside. 20%ODD, Cata curing my Galka HP bar from red to full and parsing on Ein (yeah i know old content but its only one when everyone just go for max damage an parse have a sense and DRK actually lose a lot there vs otherr DD. Dont need that much att to cap and mobs has low AGI so all that vsmites and ukkos has mostly capped dDEX and we have capped haste with embrava +haste all the time so last resost means even less) equal to Ukonvasara WAR and Masamune SAMs (I won few parses by a solid margin and lost one by a 1% to SAM :P ). Critting for 1000+ on 95 content mobs is really a pure fun.

Working on mythic and another Relic now and I have even more trouble what to choose now lol. I want to make 2 relics and mythic till like end of july and I have a lot tempting options.

1. Glanz/Spharai/xxx for my main job (I recently found a hope that it can be used to tanking VW)
2. Koga/Yoichi/Amano for a job I always wanted to start seriously but never had a chance and time
3. Ryunohige/xxx/xxx just because Ryunohige looks as best option from mythics
4. Tizona/xxx/xxx because I really enjoy BLU and play it 90% of the time now (VW stagger/stun, salvage farm)
5. Kenkonken/xxx/xxx just because I think it would be funny to play a not bandwagon job and learn to play it from own experience :)

Any ideas? :P
 Bahamut.Keinn
By Bahamut.Keinn 2011-10-15 12:06:18  
You know, if you made Ryuunohige, Amanomurakumo, and Guttler you would then have an Emp/Relic/Mythic for every DD job in the game. (Except COR, if you want to count that :3)
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-10-15 15:23:17  
Bahamut.Keinn said: »
You know, if you made Ryuunohige, Amanomurakumo, and Guttler you would then have an Emp/Relic/Mythic for every DD job in the game. (Except COR, if you want to count that :3)

Thats a funny idea but I remember I couldnt sleep because I didnt know what to merit in combat :)

I also recently tossed gear for like 7 of my jobs to NPCs and mules because I couldnt stand having pretty much no inventory space at all.

I currently play BLU(salvage farm, VW) DRK(Ein,salvage,WoE,random) PLD(VW,abyssea farm) NIN(abyssea farm) MNK(Shinryu, abyssea farm) DNC(dynamis) and it's just fine with inventory space like that. Adding 2 more jobs would be really pushing to the limit. Also I would still miss a weapon for WAR with your concept :D
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-15 15:45:05  
What are you using BLU for in Salvage farms.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-10-15 18:09:23  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »

Well pretty much all jobs could be good for this (sometimes I use DRK if I am in the mood) at 95 but I prefer BLU because of AoE. I gather all gears for example and Aeolian for TH then whirl > thunderbolt > CAefflux benthic and they all mostly dead if not than another whirl should be ready really soon after benthic. Lunge is also really good for frogs obviously.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-10-15 18:24:20  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »

SSR. Can super tank all the gears on the floor before the boss, including all 4 ramparts, the chariot, all the triple gears in the rampart room, and the train of gears (6 singles I believe). Whirl of rage them + dream flower while you take down the chariot (since it can't be slept).

We go THF (BLU RDM) dual box, so the THF either does AE or cyclone, and then you just blow them all up on BLU.

Probably doesn't need to be said, but like dynamis, BLU is by far the best DD due to the low level of the mobs, so just bringing BLU for the sake of efficiency is a good idea.

Edit: just wanted to point out that you can use the AoE method on pretty much any set of mobs in salvage, like all the mamools in ZR (3rd floor). Really funny.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-15 19:08:41  
Hm ic, changes my battle strategies a little!
 Ragnarok.Beef
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2011-10-16 00:22:06  
i don't see how Spharai can ever compete with Vereth unless they somehow give Spharai Victory Smite.

Final Heaven is whack as hell.
[+]