users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Constant R0!!
Constant R0!!
 Leviathan.Bassclef
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2011-06-18 02:17:00  
Really? Not to seem like a troll, but I didn't experience this problem tonight at all. I did have to restart my tethered connection, but it needs to be done if I stay tethered while idling for too long (which results in me unable to browse the internet, but remain logged into the game) or watching a lot of stuff on Hulu while still logged into the game.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-18 02:27:16  
Obviously tonight is the rapture of all technology.
 Bahamut.Takaru
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Takaru
By Bahamut.Takaru 2011-06-18 02:39:31  
So it just started working...for now!
By Kikorimo 2011-06-18 02:49:25  
You're lucky... still no luck here. the main PoL page is loading now, but then select country and taking all year to load still, /sigh.
 Cerberus.Texasprincess
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Texasprincess 2011-06-18 02:57:37  
yeah having the same proc getting dc like crazy every 5 min or less... iw as in abyssea and i could see my HP dropping and tp gaining and i could see my hp rise when i get a cure i guess... but no1 would move and no emotes showing the cures or attacking *** lulz l:-( its only funny when its not u!
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-06-18 17:35:01  
Ive been having this issue for like a month now, today its been working fine. I dont know how long everyones been experiencing this.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Seraa
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-06-25 23:34:00  
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but is anyone else still getting these dc issues? I started having these around June 8th and they went away after a few days. They came back yesterday and now I can't seem to hold a connection for longer than 5 minutes. Btw, I am streaming and surfing without any trouble so it's pol related on my end.
 Ragnarok.Rephlex
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rephlex
By Ragnarok.Rephlex 2011-06-27 02:30:04  
I get them all the time now on RagnaNot.

One thing I did notice is that the port range that is advertised on the official website is not entirely accurate. Here is the strange thing, with two different PCs I see different ranges for each machine. /shrug on that one.

So use a networking tool such as Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 to look at exactly what POL and FFXI are doing then open your ports accordingly.

Lastly, I think that my ISP sees the consistent bandwidth stream as something bad and shapes the traffic after a while. I get R0's about 45 mins on the dot after playing. I can stop it by doing a ton of /tells to myself (Sending packets) and for some reason that helps, but not always.