users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Pet Camps
Pet Camps
 Diabolos.Holland
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Holland
By Diabolos.Holland 2009-04-07 11:59:46  
I am looking for pet camps that I can use while leveling RDM. However this topic can also help other jobs as well. Please post the camp zone, position, what you are fighting, what jobs can use the camp. Thanks.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-07 12:01:58  
Clicky
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-07 12:17:05  
Zone: Newton Movalpolos

Position: unknown, but it's the first Red/Blue gate set west of Mine Shaft entrance.

Prey: Goblin's Bat

Camp Feedback:

I will tell you that this camp is not for the faint hearted, and I highly recommend a duo for the purpose of covering each other in case of a bad pull.

I've been there since BLM64 (BLM66 atm), using BLM/RDM with Gravity Pull, then 2x Tier 3 and a Tier 1 to finish. At 66, sometimes Thunder III and Blizzard III will finish them off, but about half the time I end up casting Stone (Tier 1) to finish them off.

The pull is very tricky because there is a Moblin Roadman that hangs out between the BST and the pull/kite/nuke path, and the Bat can sometimes make odd pathing through the gate. I think I have the pathing angles all figured out now (death is a harsh teacher).

I'm usually pulling while Invisible so that I can stand there until the Moblin/Goblin move. Sometimes this is while the Roadman is facing at an angle so that I'm in the triangle between his sight cone and the side of the walkway. It's definitely a tightrope walk, and I've been trying to get people out to duo with me, but they are always either busy or chicken.

If you agro the BST, he will usually link the Roadman on the way to you, which almost definitely means death unless there is a 2nd person to ES Sleepga them.

The EXP is excellent (@ 66, still 300 base - 420 at chain 4; I don't think you can get chain 5 at this camp solo), and it's a good challenege, but if you don't have RR or RR Item, I'd say to avoid this camp. Also on the plus side, you have access to most of the Coffer spawns from this section, and I have already popped a few for nice gil
 Bismarck.Nours
サーバ: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-04-07 12:40:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

The BLM solo guide (as pointed out 2 posts earlier) is excellent.

Basically any job can use them with some tweaks.