users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New expansion armor and the 2 add ons for DRG
New expansion armor and the 2 add ons for DRG
 Shiva.Dwyte
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-04-06 22:33:55  
I was just woundering what everyone was planning on picking armor wise for (if any) for their DRG's. I was thinking the sandy one (think that's only one for DRG anyways) and the +10 acc and double att for my drg...what are you guys doing?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-04-06 22:52:14  
i find my CP armor better suited for my needs as pld. however, since NA release all i remember was drg complaining about their gear. i particularly remember the frequent quote of "if only they could use hauby".

With gun to my head i would easily choose 10 acc / 10 attack. this would combine the stat bonus of hydra mail and barone (2 common ah gears for drg), with additional attribute points, and no loss of 20 evasion (haubergeon). If you're considering this armor for drg anyhow then you don't have access or time for nyzul (askar), limbus (homam), or salvage (ares) so youre better off going this way.

That is my 2 cents anyhow. I think your best bet would be to pool friends and try for askar and invest acc on different slots. In the end the best bet is to pool several opinions and formulate an educated theory to supplant what you know. Good luck to you and let me know your testing after the update. ^^
 Shiva.Evilthorn
user: Evilthorn
By Shiva.Evilthorn 2009-04-07 00:00:01  
that was actually the first thing i thought when i saw the armor. DRG HAUBY! I doubt i'm gonna buy the crap though se's a bunch of *** and likes to make us waste money on stupid crap so i'm gonna let other people buy it first and find out how it is for me:D
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-07 01:45:21  
Aww... you're sayin I wasted money.. -.-;;
Oh well. Since I have DRK SAM PLD 75 and DRG 64 I am going to get the one they all can use. and add the +10 acc and +10 att to it. Then at 75 all 4 of my jobs will be able to use it full time with the most part and still be more defensive than when they have the hauby. not having the -20 acc, having 2 more defense, no -5 AGI and +5 VIT all seems like it will be fairly beneficial. not to mention my DRG can use it endgame! I'm really looking forward to it.

I also did think about doing the +10 acc and +2% double attack. but... If i want more double attack I'll just got for askar body (which i do want). I'm pretty sure I'll be better off with the +10 att. especially considering i don't have the brutal earring. but i do have the pole strap.

My friend said I could do the enmity+4 and fast cast just for my PLD. but i'd rather wait for Iron Ram body to come out.
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-07 02:17:26  
It would be cool, to be able to add the stuff to the Hauby, shure -20eva -5 agi is godly for Parry skill up "woot nin o.o; " but

would be godly to give it +10 attack +10 acc or Try to negate some of that -eva lol

or give a SH +10 acc +10 attack, XD that would be really nice, but im not shure how it all works, perhaps. cant give +stats to gear that allready has atrabutes? idk :P
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
サーバ: Ramuh
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2009-04-07 02:28:43  
im gonna get the rng one.. umm its going to be the ultimate tp body... snapshot + racc 10? better than rng AF2
 Shiva.Evilthorn
user: Evilthorn
By Shiva.Evilthorn 2009-04-07 05:41:35  
Blackmist said:
It would be cool, to be able to add the stuff to the Hauby, shure -20eva -5 agi is godly for Parry skill up "woot nin o.o; " but

would be godly to give it +10 attack +10 acc or Try to negate some of that -eva lol

or give a SH +10 acc +10 attack, XD that would be really nice, but im not shure how it all works, perhaps. cant give +stats to gear that allready has atrabutes? idk :P

You don't update existing pieces of equipment. Its new set pieces of equipment that are shown as far as we know that you add stats too.

Personally, I theorize you have to lose two of the start stats on any of the bodies in order to add the two additional. I doubt se would let us have hp +20, str, dex, vit +5 more like you'd have to sub out hp and vit for example too add the +10 Acc and +10 atk
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-07 06:04:06  
Evilthorn said:
Personally, I theorize you have to lose two of the start stats on any of the bodies in order to add the two additional. I doubt se would let us have hp +20, str, dex, vit +5 more like you'd have to sub out hp and vit for example too add the +10 Acc and +10 atk

SE stated they were "additional", not "replacements". Meaning you add them to the existing pieces, not replace 2 of the existing stats on the armour.
 Asura.Sharpe
サーバ: Asura
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-04-07 06:05:09  
Hitetsu said:
Evilthorn said:

SE stated they were "additional", not "replacements". Meaning you add them to the existing pieces, not replace 2 of the existing stats on the armour.

Exactly, swapping for other bonuses would not be augmenting.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Diabolos.Cassi
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-21 12:43:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

DA+2% and Att+10, u got urself a baby Askar body, haha
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-21 12:49:07  
It'll depend on my build at that time, assuming I get it for my DRG. If I don't have an Askar Korazin by then I'll go Acc/STP for a 6-hit assuming I have Rajas by then. If I have my Korazin I'll probably go Acc/DA or Acc/Att for weaponskills.