Security Token For Aussies!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Security Token for Aussies!
Security Token for Aussies!
 Seraph.Raiderxxii
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
By Seraph.Raiderxxii 2009-04-06 07:17:12  
It's confirmed, all Aussies will be able to get the Token, more importantly the extra slots!

The following is the reply I received from SE about the token:

Thank you for contacting the PlayOnline Information Center.

Regards to your inquiry, the security token will be available for all Australian players as well. You should check the Playonlline.com website for more information on the EUROPE support website.

Thanks again for using PlayOnline and FINAL FANTASY XI!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-06 07:31:05  
Rowland said:
SquareEnix Official Notice said:
Q If I remove my Square Enix security token, will I still be able to obtain a Mog Satchel?
A Characters from PlayOnline IDs that are linked to a Square Enix account will not be able to acquire a Mog Satchel after the security token has been removed. Existing Mog Satchels will not be affected.

I see a lot of use for this >.> ..WHOO!
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-06 07:40:06  
So we're able to purchase the token tomorrow, but will those who buy it tomorrow receive the mog satchel immediately?
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-04-06 07:41:05  
So basically, if you havn't gotten your mog satchel yet, and remove your token before you do, you can't get it unless you buy a new token. But you can get it, then remove the token, and still keep it. Win.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-06 07:42:51  
That's how I read it, that's gonna be pimp.. >.> All I can say. Looks like the 5 people I've spent a week telling they aren't allowed to buy a token can buy one! omg yay 160 spots! /ftw
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-06 07:43:39  
Lol 100 for me.... should really do those quests, but with this iono if ill need to :D
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-04-06 07:43:49  
1. Buy one
2. Register
3. Use it for a while
4. Get you mog satchel (for main and mules)
5. Get %*%$ed off with typing in a number every time you log in
6. Ring up and claim it is lost (or just disconnect from your account yourself)
7. Once you can log in without it, Hit it with a hammer (a big one)

The 7 step program to a more storage.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-06 07:46:27  
1. Buy one
2. Register
3. Get Satchel
4. Unlink token

The 4-step program to more storage. =D
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-06 07:53:44  
Rowland said:
SquareEnix Official Notice said:
Q Can I stop using my security token if I don't want to use it anymore?
A You can remove your Square Enix security token from your account using the Square Enix Account Management System, but once you have done so, you will never be able to use it again.

Q If I remove my Square Enix security token, will I still be able to obtain a Mog Satchel?
A Characters from PlayOnline IDs that are linked to a Square Enix account will not be able to acquire a Mog Satchel after the security token has been removed. Existing Mog Satchels will not be affected.

Thoughts..?

This is the answer I have been looking for, going to buy one ASAP
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-06 08:06:06  
Kajidourden said:
So we're able to purchase the token tomorrow, but will those who buy it tomorrow receive the mog satchel immediately?

Nobody knows? I didnt catch it in SE's text
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-06 08:18:45  
Rowland said:
You probably have to recieve the token first, then link it up using the steps they show on the link.

Damn :( good point
 Fairy.Bruser
サーバ: Fairy
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-04-06 08:27:54  
Bah, I checked this morning before work and that Token info wasn't up yet. Have to wait until I get home to see the info. Dam work and their "Access Denied" window ><

Glad FFXIAH is not Denied lol
 Kujata.Dzuoko
サーバ: Kujata
user: Dzuoko
By Kujata.Dzuoko 2009-04-06 08:59:27  
Hell yeah!!! Aussies get to benefit from an item release..
My brother contacted SE aswell but is yet to receive a reply... W.A. does not stand for *** "Wait Awhile" GDI LOL
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-04-06 09:07:43  

« Using a Square Enix Account »
Introduction
By using a Square Enix account, you can link multiple PlayOnline IDs to a single account and also use the Square Enix security token.

What is a Square Enix account?
A Square Enix account is a free service provided for authentication in all of Square Enix's online services.
Besides its use in all future online services, one can also associate multiple IDs from current services to a single Square Enix account and enjoy features only available to Square Enix account holders.

What is a security token?
A security token is a device that produces a constantly changing one-time password that can be displayed onscreen with the push of a button.
Because the device is completely detached from any hardware dealing in user authentication, it provides vastly improved security to the user.

What is a one-time password?
A one-time password differs from a typical ID or password in that it is a 6-digit numeric code that is produced and displayed on the security token's screen each time the token's button is pushed.
One-time passwords are very effective against spyware such as key loggers in that they are only valid for a set period of time and become invalid after they have been used once.

Logging in with a PlayOnline ID that is linked to a Square Enix account
The following procedures are necessary for using a Square Enix account in PlayOnline.

Obtaining a Square Enix Account
You will need a valid e-mail address to obtain a Square Enix account.

*You cannot obtain a Square Enix account with a cell phone e-mail address or PlayOnline e-mail address.
*Square Enix accounts can be obtained from the Square Enix Account Management System which will be released on April 7th.

Logging in to the Square Enix Account Management System and Linking Your PlayOnline ID
Linking your PlayOnline ID to your Square Enix account will enable you to enjoy various services such as the Square Enix security token.

*A maximum of ten PlayOnline IDs can be linked to a single Square Enix account.
*Once a PlayOnline ID has been linked to a Square Enix account, it can never be unlinked.

Updating Your Member List
Once you have linked your PlayOnline ID to a Square Enix account you will need to enter the necessary data on the PlayOnline Viewer's member list.

Enter the "Member Name," "PlayOnline ID," and "PlayOnline Password."
Enter the Square Enix ID you've linked to your PlayOnline ID in the "Square Enix ID" field.

*Your PlayOnline ID will need to have been linked to the Square Enix ID entered.

If you are using a Square Enix security token, select "Use" for "One-Time Password."

*Please note that if a security token is registered to your account, you will need to enter a one-time password when logging in.
*If you plan to use your Square Enix account without a security token, you will not need a one-time password.

Members whose PlayOnline ID is linked to their Square Enix account will be displayed as "Square Enix" instead of as "PlayOnline."

Select a member, verify that the entered information is correct, and select "log in."

Enter your Square Enix password. If you have selected "Use" for your one-time password, you will need to enter the one-time password displayed on your security token.

*When using a Square Enix account, you will need to enter your Square Enix password each time you log in.
*Your Square Enix password cannot be saved to the hard disk.

FAQ
Q If I have multiple PlayOnline IDs, will I need a different security token for each of these IDs?
A No, up to 10 PlayOnline IDs can be linked to a single Square Enix account.
If you set up a security token for your Square Enix account, you will be able to use it for all of the PlayOnline IDs linked to that account.
Q Can I stop using my security token if I don't want to use it anymore?
A You can remove your Square Enix security token from your account using the Square Enix Account Management System, but once you have done so, you will never be able to use it again.
Q What do I have to do to obtain a Mog Satchel?
A Each of your characters can obtain a Mog Satchel by registering a Square Enix security token to the Square Enix account your PlayOnline IDs are linked to.
Q Can all of my characters obtain a Mog Satchel?
A All characters on a PlayOnline ID using a security token can obtain a Mog Satchel.
Q What do I do if my security token is lost or broken?
A Please contact the Information Center immediately.
As soon as we have confirmed that you are the account holder, we will remove the security token settings from your account.
Q Is security token usage restricted by region?
A No, security token usage is not restricted by region. However, you can only link Square Enix accounts and PlayOnline IDs that are from the same region. If you have a European PlayOnline ID, please obtain a European Square Enix account.

©2009 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
 Fairy.Bruser
サーバ: Fairy
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-04-06 09:20:25  
<3 U Shayala
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-04-06 09:23:24
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Quote:
What is a Square Enix account?
A Square Enix account is a free service provided for authentication in all of Square Enix's online services.
Besides its use in all future online services, one can also associate multiple IDs from current services to a single Square Enix account and enjoy features only available to Square Enix account holders.

Anybody know if we can sign up yet, or will they open this on the 7th too?
 Valefor.Ghuda
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-06 09:25:14  
SCORE! I was a little bummed about being shafted over this but ohhhh hellz yeah give me my mutha *** spare slots!

And to make sure i dont lose this token, that bad boy is gonna be glued to my desk :P
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-04-06 09:25:32  
The sites don't go live for sign-up until the 7th. :(