Sony's Rapture?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Sony's Rapture?
Sony's Rapture?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-06-01 12:55:36  
Hase, it's more like:

Me - Sony
You - Hacker(s)

I put out something and say "It's hack-proof!" You spend years trying to hack it, and finally you do. You tell the world how you did it and I punch you. Your clone comes in, months later and punches me back. I go "Pft, you're weak, punch me until you're tired" months go by, still getting punched and my blood, containing the innocent molecules of every customer, goes on you. You wipe it off but I go "HE HAS MY BLOOD!" You go "I don't even want it" but since you have my blood, you're a big security threat to the entire world.

My point:
The cause of the hacking happened years ago, started off as something small (like a snowball) but growing into something huge (like an avalanche)
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-06-01 12:56:45  
That's still not a good reason to *** up an entire network.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-06-01 12:56:52  
LOLz to this whole thing since I don't have a PS3 :)

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
What can i say, they brought it on themselves.
How so? Because they went after someone who broke the law/infringed on their copywrights so that people could rip off their products for free? lol...
I don't think this justifies "brought it on themselves" but choosing to take Hotz to court in California instead of New Jersey(assuming Hotz lives in Jersey) is well the wrong way to sue someone and could have been justification in the "group's eye" to bring it since Sony didn't follow proper court procedures.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-01 12:57:28  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Hase, it's more like:

Me - Sony
You - Hacker(s)

I put out something and say "It's hack-proof!" You spend years trying to hack it, and finally you do. You tell the world how you did it and I punch you. Your clone comes in, months later and punches me back. I go "Pft, you're weak, punch me until you're tired" months go by, still getting punched and my blood, containing the innocent molecules of every customer, goes on you. You wipe it off but I go "HE HAS MY BLOOD!" You go "I don't even want it" but since you have my blood, you're a big security threat to the entire world.

My point:
The cause of the hacking happened years ago, started off as something small (like a snowball) but growing into something huge (like an avalanche)

You are so full of fail it leaves me in awe.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-01 13:00:26  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Hase, it's more like: Me - Sony You - Hacker(s) I put out something and say "It's hack-proof!" You spend years trying to hack it, and finally you do. You tell the world how you did it and I punch you. Your clone comes in, months later and punches me back. I go "Pft, you're weak, punch me until you're tired" months go by, still getting punched and my blood, containing the innocent molecules of every customer, goes on you. You wipe it off but I go "HE HAS MY BLOOD!" You go "I don't even want it" but since you have my blood, you're a big security threat to the entire world. My point: The cause of the hacking happened years ago, started off as something small (like a snowball) but growing into something huge (like an avalanche)

Bank's are hard to break into. Therefore, I should rob banks and the innocent people who lose their money should blame the bank.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-06-01 13:06:54  
Without saying what I personally think of the hackings, it can be argued that often, the only way to send a message (good or bad) to a company the size of Sony is to somehow impact their bottom line, and that means tangibly impacting their customers in some way.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-06-01 13:10:51  
Just realized i missed a whole timeline in my story, but the point of it was yeah, people are blaming Sony for their security software when they should blame the hackers for doing something so stupid as to hack such a big company and potentially ruin the future of gaming all together.

I have this feeling that this is nothing compared to what the future has in store.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-01 13:12:20  
lol @ all you people thinking a hacker needs a "reason" to hack. You people are trying to apply logic to something that has no room for logic.

Quote:
Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-06-01 13:13:58  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Just realized i missed a whole timeline in my story, but the point of it was yeah, people are blaming Sony for their security software when they should blame the hackers for doing something so stupid as to hack such a big company and potentially ruin the future of gaming all together.

I have this feeling that this is nothing compared to what the future has in store.

Psh, if they think they can "ruin the future of gaming" they have something else coming to them.

Now maybe you meant "ruin their futures, buttholes and lifes" then yeah ... that sounds about right.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-06-01 13:14:26  
That Irish kid is probably gonna leak some M$ info to his friends and end up breaking M$'s hush-hush policy. I wouldn't trust someone who phishes or hacks nor would I trust a company who employs such a person.

Would you trust a bank if they hired a thief?
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-06-01 13:14:27  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
That's a very good move from Microsoft's part tho, but I mean now they're gonna have hackers worldwide messing crap up to get a job lol x_x
I doubt there are many hackers wanting a job that essentially is to combat fellow hackers.

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Yup just like I trust many corporations, police, FBI, etc. Who have used the same tactic of "to catch X you need an X type". The difference is most don't tell you they're doing this.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-06-01 13:15:20  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
lol @ all you people thinking a hacker needs a "reason" to hack. You people are trying to apply logic to something that has no room for logic.

Quote:
Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

They really had no "reason" more then trying to get some point across or ... hell if I know.

Most hackers just do this type of thing for the thrill of it and being able to do it.

There are some hackers out there that seem to do it for reasons though (look at anonymous, they get butthurt over something and BAM they have a reason)
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-01 13:16:45  
Companies hire ex-hackers all the time to help pinpoint exploits in their network.. lol seriously almost all of you are talking out of your ***

P.S. I wouldn't call a phisher a hacker.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-01 13:20:48  
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
How so? Because they went after someone who broke the law/infringed on their copywrights so that people could rip off their products for free? lol...

because they went after somebody who did nothing wrong

I repeat, nothing wrong.

Jailbreaking a ps3 is akin to somebody jailbreaking a phone, and if the phone companies would get their way like Sony that would have an end put to it too.

What people do with the hardware in their home is their business, don't attack people for what they may do with their hacked hardware.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-01 13:21:11  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Oh yeah? Well the mating habits of squirrels are largely uninteresting to most people, and you're a jerk.

umm what? If the subject is uninteresting to the people posting than why are they posting?
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-01 13:22:51  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:

because they went after somebody who did nothing wrong

I repeat, nothing wrong.

Jailbreaking a ps3 is akin to somebody jailbreaking a phone, and if the phone companies would get their way like Sony that would have an end put to it too.

What people do with the hardware in their home is their business, don't attack people for what they may do with their hacked hardware.

Just because have some opinion that it isn't wrong doesn't mean it isn't against the law.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-01 13:23:02  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Oh yeah? Well the mating habits of squirrels are largely uninteresting to most people, and you're a jerk.

umm what? If the subject is uninteresting to the people posting than why are they posting?

All I meant is that whether or not companies hire hackers has nothing to do with the topic, and has nothing to do with whether or not people are talking out their ***.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-01 13:24:21  
Fenrir.Terminus said:

All I meant is that whether or not companies hire hackers has nothing to do with the topic, and has nothing to do with whether or not people are talking out their ***.

wat?

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
That Irish kid is probably gonna leak some M$ info to his friends and end up breaking M$'s hush-hush policy. I wouldn't trust someone who phishes or hacks nor would I trust a company who employs such a person.

I was responding to Kalyna.. one of the many people talking out their *** in this thread. It was a direct response to their post
 Bismarck.Enzoe
user: Enzoe
By Bismarck.Enzoe 2011-06-01 13:24:36  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Without saying what I personally think of the hackings, it can be argued that often, the only way to send a message (good or bad) to a company the size of Sony is to somehow impact their bottom line, and that means tangibly impacting their customers in some way.

Let me get personel for you then. After these hackings, the debit card I had been using for playstation store purchases was used several times in attempt to buy stuff out of California from online websites and services. All the 3 attempts happened on the same day and I caught them, informed the bank, and had them blocked before they affected MY bottom line. Ofcourse I had a new card issued aswell.

These so called hackers did this for MONEY. Compute that. They are villians through and through. To heck with thier so called "message" because they did it for the petty cause of "gimme gimme gimme".

Don't try to elude some sort of possible good nature on these foul villians that need to be locked up for sellling all those credit card numbers like anyone else that does this type of thing to innocent people.

If they are so good with computers and so honorable, why don't they do something to help people instead of trying to steal my money. Or selling my info to someone else because these people are cowards and they hide like cowards.

They give "hackers of the cause" idea opposite of credit.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-01 13:25:59  
Actually it does have something to do with the topic, because it was quoted as microsoft working with a 14yr old phisher (hacker, whatever) that made attempts to phish on XBox Live..so technically they are hiring a hacker...Has everything to do with this topic (atleast from the Microsoft side of this story).
 Carbuncle.Ianpyst
user: ianpyst
By Carbuncle.Ianpyst 2011-06-01 13:27:14  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I would imagine it has more to do with "he didn't keep it in his home".
 Carbuncle.Brakiss
user: Brakiss
By Carbuncle.Brakiss 2011-06-01 13:28:28  
Sony deserves everything they get, they do nothing but try and rip people off with their products and prices, they dont stand behind their products at all. I had a ps3, 1 month old, wanted to send it in for warranty, they told me if you dont have the original receipt you have no warranty, whether your sony is 1 minute old or 1 year old, they dont care, as they told me buy a new one. This has happened to me with a ps2 and a ps3. Their PS3 was a total failure, they had such good technology in the system and could have taken over, but they failed because they assumed "We are sony, we are the best, who cares what customers want"
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-06-01 13:29:30  
Ouch Enzoe. I heard via news days after it happened that nobody reported credit card fraud/identity theft due to the hackers, though.

Still, Identity theft sucks. Was a victim years ago.
 Carbuncle.Ianpyst
user: ianpyst
By Carbuncle.Ianpyst 2011-06-01 13:29:31  
Carbuncle.Brakiss said:
Sony deserves everything they get, they do nothing but try and rip people off with their products and prices, they dont stand behind their products at all. I had a ps3, 1 month old, wanted to send it in for warranty, they told me if you dont have the original receipt you have no warranty, whether your sony is 1 minute old or 1 year old, they dont care, as they told me buy a new one. This has happened to me with a ps2 and a ps3. Their PS3 was a total failure, they had such good technology in the system and could have taken over, but they failed because they assumed "We are sony, we are the best, who cares what customers want"

uhhhhhhhhhhh... no. lol
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-01 13:29:35  
Carbuncle.Ianpyst said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I would imagine it has more to do with "he didn't keep it in his home".

so? he taught others how to do the same, so what?

Changing the software on your hardware isn't illegal, nor is teaching others how to do it.

If he was spreading sony's software then yes that's illegal.